"Stim" that wont feel like caffeine

JN230

JN230

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
ok so the term "stimulant" gets thrown around a lot but to be specific i may have to start working out at night around7pm and still want to have great workouts like i do now training on my own schedule,

are their any aids that can give me a lil energy pump and focus without keeping me up later than i need to be?

like that B1 derivative that nutraplanet sells, the descriptions over there are so vague its hard to tel sometime, choline? carnitine? anything?

freefall365

freefall365

Awards
  • Established
in for this one...

drinking a cup of coffee right now just so i can have some kind of energy for my workout tonight. wish there was an alternative....

poison

poison

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Decaf ragNOrok has nootropic in it, definitely gives focus and energy. Lucidrol is excellent as well, though a pure nootropic, which is stackable with your favorite pre-workout supp, a cup of coffee, solo, you name it.

Buy lucidrol if you have a favorite pre-workout. If not, buy the decaf Rag.

JN230

JN230

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
well i think i already have a Preworkout, so im solely looking for a lil pick me up,

BigBeazy

BigBeazy

Awards
  • Established
Caffeine then take Melatonin. It'll knock ya right out.

Fyi Optimum sells 100 tabs of it for 2$ on nutra, I got me some.

JN230

JN230

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
im only 24 i odnt want to take melatonin till i have to as it wil down regulate my natural levels later in life

BigBeazy

BigBeazy

Awards
  • Established
im only 24 i odnt want to take melatonin till i have to as it wil down regulate my natural levels later in life
Really? Hmmm didn't know that. Have any proof by any chance?

I've been taking Melatonin forever now, works like a charm.

Chuck Diesel

Chuck Diesel

Are you Diesel?
Awards
  • Established
ok so the term "stimulant" gets thrown around a lot but to be specific i may have to start working out at night around7pm and still want to have great workouts like i do now training on my own schedule,

are their any aids that can give me a lil energy pump and focus without keeping me up later than i need to be?

like that B1 derivative that nutraplanet sells, the descriptions over there are so vague its hard to tel sometime, choline? carnitine? anything?
well most "stims" have an effect on nor-adrenalin and adrenalin so if you want a "stim" that doesnt have an effect on the CNS, you need like a nootropic effect, which is more like say 1500mg of acety-l-carnitine and maybe DMAE, which affects the Ach system, but all "stims" have an effect on the CNS some way direct or indirect.

JN230

JN230

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
well most "stims" have an effect on nor-adrenalin and adrenalin so if you want a "stim" that doesnt have an effect on the CNS, you need like a nootropic effect, which is more like say 1500mg of acety-l-carnitine and maybe DMAE, which affects the Ach system, but all "stims" have an effect on the CNS some way direct or indirect.
thats what i was looking for, looking into ALC or PLC....

hey AMS make any samples of lucidrol????

JN230

JN230

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
focus xt looks good as well but damn there is caffeine in it :(

RAHHH

Awards
  • Established
1,3-dimethylamylamine a derivative of geranium oil, 20-30mg of this is nice .
also I rec : GLYCOCARN-GPLC from PP is a CLEAN energy feeling and gives decent pumps also, :)

islandmagic

islandmagic

Awards
  • Established
Decaf ragNOrok has nootropic in it, definitely gives focus and energy. Lucidrol is excellent as well, though a pure nootropic, which is stackable with your favorite pre-workout supp, a cup of coffee, solo, you name it.

Buy lucidrol if you have a favorite pre-workout. If not, buy the decaf Rag.
I secound this Decaf ragNOrok .... You just need one scoop and you are rolling!!!!! Gave me foucs and and had me working!!!!!!!!

kmcart

Awards
I just picked up my first boxes on the BOGO sale and I can't wait to try it. Quick question for those who have tried it...does it "pick" you up at all or is it just a more focus/zoned in feeling. I'm hoping for something to kinda wake me up and really push me through those long work days. Also what the maximum daily dose? For instance could I take 1-2 in the morning then 1-2 in the evening with more workout? Not as an everyday thing just every now and then.

kmcart

Awards
I just picked up my first boxes on the BOGO sale and I can't wait to try it. Quick question for those who have tried it...does it "pick" you up at all or is it just a more focus/zoned in feeling. I'm hoping for something to kinda wake me up and really push me through those long work days. Also what the maximum daily dose? For instance could I take 1-2 in the morning then 1-2 in the evening with more workout? Not as an everyday thing just every now and then.
I'm talking about lucidrol by the way...sorry about that.

poison

poison

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Yes, it'll pick you up. Not slam you into overdrive, but it'll KO the cobwebs and toss you in the zone. :D I wouldn't hesitate to use it twice in a day, but not on consecutive days. Then again, try it for 3-4 days straight, and see what happens. It might not bother you.

AntonG42O

AntonG42O

Awards
  • Established
i always work out around 7pm on weekdays, whether its BJJ or lifting. I found that a big old fashioned bowl of oats at around 5pm with some beta alanine through out the day does the job for me. I mean if you eat a good diet during the day and get alright sleep, 7pm shouldnt feel like too much of a drag. unless of course you are waking up at 4am and unloading trucks. i wake up around 615am and work in an office. i dont understand the need to buy these overpriced concoctions, your body should have plenty of energy to rip it up at the gym at least once a day. I know guys who fight pro mma and train 2 to 3 times a day and dont take a damn thing and still have plenty of energy. most of this "surge of power and energy to attack weights!" in these supps comes from basic caffeine.

JN230

JN230

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
well there is somehing to be said for personality and if oyu are a high energy person normally, i can agree with you on the fact that no "supplelements" should be needed but when you are trying to go above and beyond avg workouts then i feel the normal perosn working a 10hr day doesnt have that programmed in them, typically

kmcart

Awards
Yes, it'll pick you up. Not slam you into overdrive, but it'll KO the cobwebs and toss you in the zone. :D I wouldn't hesitate to use it twice in a day, but not on consecutive days. Then again, try it for 3-4 days straight, and see what happens. It might not bother you.
Thanks for the input poison I'm even more pumped to give it a go now...in fact I wish I had one right now...:(

poison

poison

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
well there is somehing to be said for personality and if oyu are a high energy person normally, i can agree with you on the fact that no "supplelements" should be needed but when you are trying to go above and beyond avg workouts then i feel the normal perosn working a 10hr day doesnt have that programmed in them, typically
Pretty much.

I'm a machine. I served in the IDF, and I am fully capable of hitting the wall and smashing through, to the extent that I can put myself in the hospital. Ask me how I know.

Motivation isn't my issue. I work 90+ hours a week, I have a wife and 2 kids, and I work out 3-6 hours a week, depending on if I am doing judo or not. I will go to the gym no matter what; but taking something like White Flood or RPM or even Endorush is the difference between feeling like ****, and a mediocre workout, or feeling good>awesome and having a smash ****ing weight-fest. I'm highly against strong stims like ephedra or geranamine, or high levels of caffeine. But 50-150mg caffeine do the trick, and my workouts rock on crappy sleep.

It's not ideal, but it's the best I got right now.