to much creatine?

A

at1010

Awards
  • Established
i take creatine mono and have been for along time. I dont load phase i just take it on days i work out and normally take saturday and sunday off. Is this hard on my insides? do i need to take a few weeks off?

Semperfi101

Semperfi101

Banned
Awards
Hmmm suprised at the question actually. Well everything can be hard on your liver even plain old protein its just how much one takes. Taking enough milk thistle and water then you would be fine. In my experience if I use creatine products over 2 months I find it to be less effective, so I take about 3 or 4 weeks off of creatine and then repeat the 2 month cycle once again but hey thats just me.

Rosie Chee

Rosie Chee

The Female Terminator
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
i take creatine mono and have been for along time. I dont load phase i just take it on days i work out and normally take saturday and sunday off. Is this hard on my insides? do i need to take a few weeks off?
You don't need to creatine load, nor do you need to creatine cycle - both are PERSONAL PREFERENCE. However, creatine can increase your creatinine levels - although I have personally never found this with creatine monohydrate products - and some choose to cycle it. I personally use creatine daily every day, and have never had any issues as long as I use only creatine monohydrate or pH corrected creatine...You only need ~5g of creatine daily, although some individuals use 7-10g daily.

~Team APPNUT

A

at1010

Awards
  • Established
thanks for the quick responses.....yea i use anywhere from 5 to 15 grams a day mon-friday. On leg days i use more and arm day i use less, it is just the way i do it but i want to make sure i aint hurting myself.

G

gymrat827

Awards
  • Established
creatine is linked to lots of other benefits other than gaining muslce mass. Its good for buring fat, joints, metabolism, etc. When i get it i take the entire tub or bottle of it, than take a break from it.

There are mixed thoughts on how you should run it, I would mess around with the doses and timing to see what gives you the best results. I dont really trust what "rules" or "guidelines' most people go by.

Rosie Chee

Rosie Chee

The Female Terminator
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
thanks for the quick responses.....yea i use anywhere from 5 to 15 grams a day mon-friday. On leg days i use more and arm day i use less, it is just the way i do it but i want to make sure i aint hurting myself.
You don't need any more than 10g a day, regardless of what bodypart you train. You really only need 5g daily. Once your muscle creatine threshold is reached, dosing higher or having any more than ~5g is going is unnecessary and a waste of the creatine.

~Team APPNUT