Why I think Con-Cret is some BS

Page 1 of 3 123 Last
  1. Why I think Con-Cret is some BS


    Okay, this is second creatine that I'm targeting in my rant on monohydrate mockeries. Trust me, this **** is WAYYY more bull**** than Kre-Alkalyn. Go to Con-Cret's website, it's not hard to find. Click on studies. First off, there is only one study, and it's the BIGGEST LOAD OF HORSE **** I've ever read.

    It was conducted by Vireo Systems, which isn't even a real company. If you look at their website (vireosystems.com), it is only one page, and the page is basically just pictures of test tubes and people exercising. There is contact info at the bottom, but no one answers the phone, and the address listed belongs to a company called Besway Systems, which makes paint remover.

    So what exactly was done in this "study"? Pretty much nothing. The "scientists" simply dissolved creatine monohydrate and Con-Cret in water, then filtered the water and measured how much creatine was sorted out by the filter. Apparently 59 times more Con-Cret was left in the water. So Promera Health (the company that makes Con-Cret) claims that because of this experiment, Con-Cret must be 59 times more potent than creatine monohydrate. Not only is this a completely distorted conclusion based on the experiment, it was conducted by a fake company, so how do we know that any of it is true?

    If you buy Con-Cret after reading this, you must be one dumb mofo. Sorry in advance if my article offends anyone :P.


  2. Its true that the study leaves out ALOT of valuable information in order to base an opinion, but there may, and I say that hesitantly, may be some merit to the smaller particle, as evidenced by the filter test, as being a more readily absorbed creatine.

    Whether or not this translates into a superior absorbing creatine is yet to be seen, unless anyone can come forth with some proper research.

  3. Quote Originally Posted by ecosocialist View Post
    Its true that the study leaves out ALOT of valuable information in order to base an opinion, but there may, and I say that hesitantly, may be some merit to the smaller particle, as evidenced by the filter test, as being a more readily absorbed creatine.

    Whether or not this translates into a superior absorbing creatine is yet to be seen, unless anyone can come forth with some proper research.
    This is all true, but I know I won't be buying Con-Cret until that proper research is done.
    •   
       


  4. Quote Originally Posted by fidget324 View Post
    This is all true, but I know I won't be buying Con-Cret until that proper research is done.
    I absolutely agree, creapure for me!

  5. And like I said, the "research" was conducted by a clearly fake company, so the claim of a smaller, more soluble particle may not even be true.

  6. have you spoken to anyone who has tried the product?

    I have, and I know many others who have as well. Reviews are mixed....kinda like any other supplement on the market
    Official Get Diesel Representative
    PM me with any questions

  7. Quote Originally Posted by fidget324 View Post
    Okay, this is second creatine that I'm targeting in my rant on monohydrate mockeries. Trust me, this **** is WAYYY more bull**** than Kre-Alkalyn. Go to Con-Cret's website, it's not hard to find. Click on studies. First off, there is only one study, and it's the BIGGEST LOAD OF HORSE **** I've ever read.

    It was conducted by Vireo Systems, which isn't even a real company. If you look at their website (vireosystems.com), it is only one page, and the page is basically just pictures of test tubes and people exercising. There is contact info at the bottom, but no one answers the phone, and the address listed belongs to a company called Besway Systems, which makes paint remover.

    So what exactly was done in this "study"? Pretty much nothing. The "scientists" simply dissolved creatine monohydrate and Con-Cret in water, then filtered the water and measured how much creatine was sorted out by the filter. Apparently 59 times more Con-Cret was left in the water. So Promera Health (the company that makes Con-Cret) claims that because of this experiment, Con-Cret must be 59 times more potent than creatine monohydrate. Not only is this a completely distorted conclusion based on the experiment, it was conducted by a fake company, so how do we know that any of it is true?

    If you buy Con-Cret after reading this, you must be one dumb mofo. Sorry in advance if my article offends anyone :P.
    I like the cut of your jib. Reps.

  8. Quote Originally Posted by AE14 View Post
    have you spoken to anyone who has tried the product?

    I have, and I know many others who have as well. Reviews are mixed....kinda like any other supplement on the market
    I'm sorry but I just don't trust anecdotal evidence.... I am a math major with a concentration in statistics, and I can tell you that the power of a placebo is AMAZING, especially when one believes that he is taking a product that is in some way superior. For example, studies have been done showing that sugar in a capsule is more effective at treating depression than a white sugar tablet. A sugar water injection is even more effective. So when people buy their "scientifically proven 59x more potent than monohydrate" Con-Cret and say that it's amazing, I don't really believe them.

  9. I understand what you are saying. However, based on my experience then CM is totally ineffective, since all it does is mess with my stomach.

    Again, to say something is totally worthless disregards those who have had success.
    Official Get Diesel Representative
    PM me with any questions

  10. Quote Originally Posted by AE14 View Post
    I understand what you are saying. However, based on my experience then CM is totally ineffective, since all it does is mess with my stomach.

    Again, to say something is totally worthless disregards those who have had success.
    I never actually stated that Con-Cret is worthless. It may work, but who really knows? Even if it does, I will never buy a product made by a company that fabricates fake companies to do its fake research. That **** just pisses me off.

  11. Ae14, try the enteric coated cre02.

  12. Quote Originally Posted by poison View Post
    Ae14, try the enteric coated cre02.
    Word, Cre02 is awesome !!! .......my favorite product ever

  13. Quote Originally Posted by fidget324 View Post
    Okay, this is second creatine that I'm targeting in my rant on monohydrate mockeries. Trust me, this **** is WAYYY more bull**** than Kre-Alkalyn...
    Quote Originally Posted by fidget324 View Post
    I never actually stated that Con-Cret is worthless...

    wouldn't this be a contradiction?

  14. Quote Originally Posted by ryanp81 View Post
    Word, Cre02 is awesome !!! .......my favorite product ever
    definitely !

  15. so con-cret is Creatine Hydrochloride, right?...

  16. Quote Originally Posted by capnsavem View Post
    so con-cret is Creatine Hydrochloride, right?...
    "CON-CRĒT is the world’s first and only pure concentrated creatine hydrochloride" - quote from the product's website.

  17. Quote Originally Posted by capnsavem View Post
    wouldn't this be a contradiction?
    By saying that Con-Cret is bull****, I didn't necessarily mean that the product is worthless. It could very well work just as well as monohydrate. However the price and the "research" do not at all justify the purchase of Con-Cret over monohydrate. Just check out the vireo systems website. I was really pissed off when I discovered it. That was where most of the anger connotation in my post came from.

  18. Quote Originally Posted by fidget324 View Post
    I never actually stated that Con-Cret is worthless. It may work, but who really knows? Even if it does, I will never buy a product made by a company that fabricates fake companies to do its fake research. That **** just pisses me off.
    hmmm, I am not sure why you are interested in this product in the first place. If it sucks, just keep moving, is what I see. Or, do you have a vested interest in tearing the company apart? Dunno, but seems strange as I haven't seen many rave about it to begin with.

    Just asking here, it does seem odd and out of left field.
    ---The internet is the father of the electronic lynch-mob---

  19. Quote Originally Posted by hardknock View Post
    hmmm, I am not sure why you are interested in this product in the first place. If it sucks, just keep moving, is what I see. Or, do you have a vested interest in tearing the company apart? Dunno, but seems strange as I haven't seen many rave about it to begin with.

    Just asking here, it does seem odd and out of left field.
    On the front page of AM, we are presented with the phrase "Learn, teach, lead." For about a year I was a consistent reader at AM, but never posted once. I learned A LOT from people who are more dedicated and experienced than those at sites like BB.com. And over the past year, I have gained 20 pounds of solid muscle, and am by far in the best shape of my life. I can attribute much of this to my experience at AM. Therefore, I feel that it is my duty to give back and educate the community here about faulty products. IMO, if I even convince one person to switch to monohydrate, my mission is a success. And no matter what your affiliation is, you must admit that the claims by Promera are hilarious.

  20. Quote Originally Posted by fidget324 View Post
    Okay, this is second creatine that I'm targeting in my rant on monohydrate mockeries. Trust me, this **** is WAYYY more bull**** than Kre-Alkalyn. Go to Con-Cret's website, it's not hard to find. Click on studies. First off, there is only one study, and it's the BIGGEST LOAD OF HORSE **** I've ever read.

    It was conducted by Vireo Systems, which isn't even a real company. If you look at their website (vireosystems.com), it is only one page, and the page is basically just pictures of test tubes and people exercising. There is contact info at the bottom, but no one answers the phone, and the address listed belongs to a company called Besway Systems, which makes paint remover.

    So what exactly was done in this "study"? Pretty much nothing. The "scientists" simply dissolved creatine monohydrate and Con-Cret in water, then filtered the water and measured how much creatine was sorted out by the filter. Apparently 59 times more Con-Cret was left in the water. So Promera Health (the company that makes Con-Cret) claims that because of this experiment, Con-Cret must be 59 times more potent than creatine monohydrate. Not only is this a completely distorted conclusion based on the experiment, it was conducted by a fake company, so how do we know that any of it is true?

    If you buy Con-Cret after reading this, you must be one dumb mofo. Sorry in advance if my article offends anyone :P.
    I hated Con-cret. total junk

  21. I absolutely see your point. How many products do we know that are like that, confusing companies with incredibly vague research. He isn't saying that this product IS bad, just that the research and company history are too vague in order to conclusively prove it, and as such, people should be cautious and at least experiment. We see the same phenomenon with krealkalyn. So much research says just stick with creatine monohydrate. But once a company comes out with a flashy scientifical sounding research project, people convince themselves it works.

    So basically, research, experiment, share.

  22. Quote Originally Posted by ecosocialist View Post
    I absolutely see your point. How many products do we know that are like that, confusing companies with incredibly vague research. He isn't saying that this product IS bad, just that the research and company history are too vague in order to conclusively prove it, and as such, people should be cautious and at least experiment. We see the same phenomenon with krealkalyn. So much research says just stick with creatine monohydrate. But once a company comes out with a flashy scientifical sounding research project, people convince themselves it works.

    So basically, research, experiment, share.
    Exactly

  23. I personally like con -cret I have had awesome results with it. Mike Bridges uses it and hes a beast. The Rock ueses it too.

  24. Endorsements differ from actual usage. While they may use it, just be hesitant when they say they do.

  25. Not a endoursement it was in a muscle and fitness article when they asked what the Rock uses he mentioned con cret

  26. i agrre its a shady marketing scheme.....HOWEVER..i tired it, n hands down the strongest creatine iv used, pumped all day, strength...its very expensive however i liked it better than pp 1-t liqua vade, felt more 'on'...btw i know my sh*t, eat train hard, i aint no scrawny bum, 5'8 215 10%, so i knwo when something is workin. that bein said the $$$ is too much so pp mono is the way to go

  27. Quote Originally Posted by fidget324 View Post
    Okay, this is second creatine that I'm targeting in my rant on monohydrate mockeries. Trust me, this **** is WAYYY more bull**** than Kre-Alkalyn. Go to Con-Cret's website, it's not hard to find. Click on studies. First off, there is only one study, and it's the BIGGEST LOAD OF HORSE **** I've ever read.

    It was conducted by Vireo Systems, which isn't even a real company. If you look at their website (vireosystems.com), it is only one page, and the page is basically just pictures of test tubes and people exercising. There is contact info at the bottom, but no one answers the phone, and the address listed belongs to a company called Besway Systems, which makes paint remover.

    So what exactly was done in this "study"? Pretty much nothing. The "scientists" simply dissolved creatine monohydrate and Con-Cret in water, then filtered the water and measured how much creatine was sorted out by the filter. Apparently 59 times more Con-Cret was left in the water. So Promera Health (the company that makes Con-Cret) claims that because of this experiment, Con-Cret must be 59 times more potent than creatine monohydrate. Not only is this a completely distorted conclusion based on the experiment, it was conducted by a fake company, so how do we know that any of it is true?

    If you buy Con-Cret after reading this, you must be one dumb mofo. Sorry in advance if my article offends anyone :P.
    Quote Originally Posted by fidget324 View Post
    I'm sorry but I just don't trust anecdotal evidence.... I am a math major with a concentration in statistics, and I can tell you that the power of a placebo is AMAZING, especially when one believes that he is taking a product that is in some way superior. For example, studies have been done showing that sugar in a capsule is more effective at treating depression than a white sugar tablet. A sugar water injection is even more effective. So when people buy their "scientifically proven 59x more potent than monohydrate" Con-Cret and say that it's amazing, I don't really believe them.
    Well said and reps!

    BTW welcome to the supplement industry...

  28. Quote Originally Posted by djbombsquad View Post
    Not a endoursement it was in a muscle and fitness article when they asked what the Rock uses he mentioned con cret
    hahaha everything in those magazines is an endorsement!

  29. Quote Originally Posted by djbombsquad View Post
    Not a endoursement it was in a muscle and fitness article when they asked what the Rock uses he mentioned con cret
    The Rock has lost a lot of weight since con cret came out.

  30. For the love of god people, just get creapure.

    Think of it this way:

    Creatine Monohydrate is one of the/if not the most studied performance enhancer on the legal supplement market. It is proven effective and a good part of any supplement regimine. Now where all these enhanced creatines come from is marketing. Any company and every company can put out a creatine product, so how does one sell it over the competition? By making it seem better and backing it by a study, which in most cases are very bias. Think CEE...complete and utter bull****. Stick with creatine monohydrate, and go for a pure version of it. Creapure is a very pure version of Creatine Monohydrate, and that is marketing I can get behind. It is cheap, it works, and you KNOW it isnt some new pseudo science.
    Just inject.
    Facebook:
    www.facebook.com/heretostudy

  31. Quote Originally Posted by HereToStudy View Post
    For the love of god people, just get creapure.

    Think of it this way:

    Creatine Monohydrate is one of the/if not the most studied performance enhancer on the legal supplement market. It is proven effective and a good part of any supplement regimine. Now where all these enhanced creatines come from is marketing. Any company and every company can put out a creatine product, so how does one sell it over the competition? By making it seem better and backing it by a study, which in most cases are very bias. Think CEE...complete and utter bull****. Stick with creatine monohydrate, and go for a pure version of it. Creapure is a very pure version of Creatine Monohydrate, and that is marketing I can get behind. It is cheap, it works, and you KNOW it isnt some new pseudo science.
    What!?!? no way man im gonna stick to my SuperTine until I get that advertised 44% increase in arms!!

  32. Quote Originally Posted by AntonG42O View Post
    What!?!? no way man im gonna stick to my SuperTine until I get that advertised 44% increase in arms!!
    Ugh, it clearly takes two cycles of Supertine to get the 44% increase, on one bottle you will get clearly only get 22%. ****ing marketing.
    Just inject.
    Facebook:
    www.facebook.com/heretostudy

  33. Found this on the pp website, never tried creapure but I'm a fan of creatine mono

    Our Creatine is ultra pure German manufactured Creapure® creatine monohydrate. It is known as the purest, safest and most effective creatine in the world.

    Only Creapure has been established to have a safety profile in accordance with internationally accepted guidelines and standards (FDA and EU) under GLP (Good Laboratory Practice) conditions. Because other creatine manufacturers use different manufacturing processes, and therefore have different purity profiles, only Creapure has this proven safety profile.

    Typical analytical values for Creapure:

    Creatine monohydrate: min. 99.95%
    Creatinine: < 67 ppm (below the limit of detection)
    Dicyandiamide (DCD): < 30 ppm
    Dihydrotriazine (DHT): not detectable

    Here is the link if anyone else wants to check up on the references:

  34. Quote Originally Posted by ecosocialist View Post
    I absolutely agree, creapure for me!
    FTW
    Serious Nutrition Solutions | Online Representative
    Growth Factor XT-GROW! Need Cycle Support? Check out Liver XT.
    Follow SNS on Facebook for more promos!

  35. you guys are just buying into the hype. buying creatine supports terrorism and they have hidden toxins in it to kill us later down the line... joking

    but rly, creapure works well for me and nothing else did. my girlfriend swears CEE works? i dunnnnoo. reps to the OP for doing the research. if now we could only get the doses for the proprietary blend for some of the muscletech stuff. theres this huge bodybuilder at my gym with one of the most incredible physiques ive ever seen and he recommended anabolic halo and then these 2 other meatheads were talking about where to buy it for cheaper at... i looked at the ingredients and 9 grams of sugar out of the 24g of active ingredients... thats 15g split between about 60 ingredients... and its so expensive!
    CELTIC LABS REP

  36. Can't we all just agree and take celltech, that stuff made rats grow the size of Big Ron

  37. And i thought everyone wuz all nutz for that MAN oratine or whatever it wuz.

  38. Thats why i use good ol Creatine mono (CREAPURE from PP)--->ultra pure German manufactured Creapure® creatine monohydrate. It is known as the purest, safest and most effective creatine in the world.

    this I beleave!

    works, is great and is CHEAP.

  39. ive used concret before, and at the time i was bulking to i was my strongest so its hard to say if it was the creatine or just cause i was eating a boat load of food everyday. there hasnt been any supplements that made me say """ man this stuff has made me 10Xtimes stronger""" They just seem to make my workouts flow better. and iam just talking about pre/intra/pwo supplements

  40. dicreatine malate anyone?...
  

  
 

Similar Forum Threads

  1. Con-Cret
    By SHaneA655 in forum Supplements
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 05-15-2011, 10:44 PM
  2. Con cret
    By djbombsquad in forum Supplements
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 10-31-2010, 06:27 PM
  3. con-cret or kre-alkalyn
    By midlandindian in forum Supplements
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 10-26-2010, 01:01 AM
  4. questions about con-cret !
    By supershah in forum Supplements
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 09-29-2010, 10:04 AM
  5. Con-Cret
    By djbombsquad in forum Supplements
    Replies: 26
    Last Post: 03-18-2008, 10:11 PM
Log in
Log in