Simple Problem? Too much protein?

Cubate

Awards
I am consuming 1.5x my body weight of protein in a shake form.
However it is starting to cause a slight case of hemorroids. Not a huge issue but one that
that I wanted to address. Any advice would help. I don't want to cut out my protein supps.

EustisPanther

EustisPanther

Awards
  • Established
for starters your primary source of protein should be whole food sources. Fish, Eggs, Chicken, Beef, etc.

Too many shakes and your body can develop allergies, hemorrhoids in your case, and you can give yourself protein poisoning.

Happened to me once, for a couple days I was having 500-600g of protein a day and I thought I was going to have to go to the hospital my body hurt so bad. (I was 18 and dumb)

TheLastRonin

TheLastRonin

Awards
  • Established
You need more fiber, dietary fats,possibly magnesium and I would get some digestive supplements. Eat more whole foods.

Enjineer

Awards
Yeah... Just try to space your protein out and get it in different forms... From what i understand, whey is only good in the morning and pre/post workout... At all other times i go for meat or eggs. I bought these pastuerized egg whites which is a very convenient source of protein... mix like 2-3 eggs with orange juice and its easy/quick protein... Also the reccomendations above are awesome too.

Cubate

Awards
Thanks.... I ve been having 3 shakes a day along with my regular meals. I will replace one with chicken or egg whites...
I think as you mention I haven't been spacing them neither...,
thanks again...

Cubate

Awards
I ve upped my calorie intake to 2500 from 1800 and I am actually burning fat
It's a good thing....
Muscle seems fuller at this rate

Harry Manback

Harry Manback

Awards
  • Established
90 grams a shake? That's a bit too much. Cut that in half.

corsaking

Awards
  • Established
I am consuming 1.5x my body weight of protein in a shake form.
However it is starting to cause a slight case of hemorroids. Not a huge issue but one that
that I wanted to address. Any advice would help. I don't want to cut out my protein supps.
try more fiber in your diet and more water. The stools need to be soft so that there wont be much pressure exerted against that area as the stool makes its exit. If its a strain going, you are exerting pressure against the veins,and bleeding can occur
on the subject of protein -you need to be creating a demand for that amount so that there is muscle uptake and its not going to waste by peeing it out.Why not cut down on protein drinks , eat more protein food but increase your consumption of bcaas and eaas.However the timing of the last two is important if they are to work to your advantage.

Cubate

Awards
That's funny... Cause I have farted in an elevator the look on their poor souls faces....
My protein shakes have BCAA's in them.
Thanks

corsaking

Awards
  • Established
That's funny... Cause I have farted in an elevator the look on their poor souls faces....
My protein shakes have BCAA's in them.
Thanks
all protein has bcaa in them -food or drinks .Its separating them as protein is made up of essential and non essential amino acids.

freefall365

freefall365

Awards
  • Established
i'm getting too much protein from shakes too. haven't noticed any negative effects yet, but..........

Damn it's hard to get 1.5g of protein per lb of body weight with food!

EustisPanther

EustisPanther

Awards
  • Established
i'm getting too much protein from shakes too. haven't noticed any negative effects yet, but..........

Damn it's hard to get 1.5g of protein per lb of body weight with food!
It is hard to get that much everyday from whole foods. But I've definitely found at least from my own experiences that I get far better gains when the majority of my protein intake comes from real food and not shakes.

Don't get me wrong, shakes are a vital part of our lifestyle. But our bodies were designed to digest and survive off of whole foods.

Cubate

Awards
Woops.... Yeah it's 3 shakes 60 grams per shake.
50 powder
10 skim milk
180 grams
Plus meals.
2 chicken breasts 60 P
Then ***e Yogurt... 30 P with nuts

Cubate

Awards
all protein has bcaa in them -food or drinks .Its separating them as protein is made up of essential and non essential amino acids.
My protein shake contains these aminos with these qty's:
3465mg of isoleucine
7865mg of leucine
3080mg of valine
4.6g of L-Glutamine

what do you think?
Should i eat them seperately, or does the shake have all that's needed?
Thanks

corsaking

Awards
  • Established
My protein shake contains these aminos with these qty's:
3465mg of isoleucine
7865mg of leucine
3080mg of valine
4.6g of L-Glutamine

what do you think?
Should i eat them seperately, or does the shake have all that's needed?
Thanks
as i understand it , even though whey protein is the quickest digesting protein of all it can take 45 min for amino acid levels to reach a peak in the blood stream So drinking after training youve wasted 45 min of the anabolic window,Thats why i suggest taking EAA and BCAA seperately to your protein drink By doing this it is supposed to be more anabolic , than consuming a protein drink after training .

the other way would be to consume a protein drink 1 hr before training with slow release carbs , While you train , the aminos will be reaching a peak in the blood stream and already available when training finishes.just my view on it .slightly off topic but timing is every thing

darkvard

Awards
try to keep it 30 grams of protien per shake thats the most you need unless your taking anabolics

TheLastRonin

TheLastRonin

Awards
  • Established
try to keep it 30 grams of protien per shake thats the most you need unless your taking anabolics
Not true. Although he personally doesn't need much more than that in addition to regular meals.

Cubate

Awards
Not true. Although he personally doesn't need much more than that in addition to regular meals.
What do you think about taking additional aminos at a different time than say the aminosnin the protein shake?
If so which ones should I add. I compiled this list to show all the essential and non essential ones depicting their functions.

ALANINE: Enhances immune system; lowers risk of kidney stones; aids in alleviating hypoglycemia.
ARGININE: Increases sperm count; accelerates wound healing; enhances sexual performance in men; tones muscle tissue.
ASPARAGINE: Promotes balance in the central nervous system.
ASPARTIC ACID, BRANCHED CHAIN AMINO ACIDS (LEUCINE, ISOLEUCINE, VALINE): Enhances immune system; increases stamina and endurance; expels harmful ammonia from the body.
CYSTEINE: Helps prevent baldness; alleviates psoriasis; improves condition of hair, skin and nails; promotes fat burning and muscle building. (Converts into cystine as needed.)
CYSTINE: Aids in preventing side effects from chemotherapy and radiation therapy; reduces accumulation of age spots. (Converts into cysteine as needed.)
GLUTAMIC ACID: Helps improve brain function; aids in metabolism of sugars and fats; useful in treatment of children's behavioral disorders, epilepsy, and muscular dystrophy. (Converts into glutamine as needed.)
GLUTAMINE: Helps improve brain function; alleviate fatigue; aid in ulcer healing time; build and maintain muscle; elevate mood; reduce craving for sugar and alcohol. (Converts to glutamic acid in brain.)
GLYCINE: Necessary for central nervous system function; aids in healing; helps treat stomach hyperacidity; prevent seizures. (Can be converted into serine in the body when needed.)
HISTIDINE: Helps alleviate rheumatoid arthritis; alleviates stress; aids in improving libido.
LYSINE: Helps improve concentration; enhances fertility; aids in preventing herpes simplex infection.
METHIONINE: Aids in lowering cholesterol; helps in treatment of schizophrenia and Parkinson's disease; may protect against tumors.
ORNITHINE: Works as a muscle-building hormone; increases potency of arginine.
PHENYLALANINE: Acts as an antidepressant; helps suppress appetite; can function in some forms as a natural painkiller.
PROLINE: Aids in wound healing; helps increase learning ability.
SERINE: Helps alleviate pain; can act as a natural anti-psychotic.
TAURINE: Helps strengthen heart function; may prevent macular degeneration; aids in digestion of fats and absorption of fat-soluble vitamins.
THREONINE: Necessary for utilization of protein in diet; may provide symptomatic improvement in some patients with Lou Gehrig's disease, amytrophic lateral sclerosis (ALS).
TRYPTOPHAN: Aids in reducing anxiety; helps induce sleep; may help in control of alcoholism.
TYROSINE: Improves sex drive; helps alleviate stress; can act as an appetite suppressant and mood elevator.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Anabolics 4
Training Forum 1
musclemaker Company Promotions 6
mixedup Anabolics 94
PatWheeler Anabolics 2