BCAA Intra Cardio

zodiiac523

zodiiac523

Awards
  • Established
Ok so i have been doing about 10 g bcaa intra workout, then i would hit up another 10 g intra cardio (do about 20 mins of cardio after lifts).. problem with this for me is, it makes feel like crap while downing and sprinting, feel bloated and want to burp/vomit and what have you and really screws with my cardio.. wondering if it would be sufficient to just do about 20 g or so intra workout and not worry about taking any during cardio.. I do my cardio immediately after weights..

gymrat827

Awards
  • Established
I drink xtend (sci vation) during workouts. I only put in 2 scoups which is the min you should take. I put it into a 20zo water bottle, after i drink it i fill it back up halfway with water. So i consume 30zo of water during a 1.5-2hr workout.

I think your taking quite a bit for intra workout. water doesnt seem to phase me no matter how much i drink of it. How much do pro do you take Post workout?

Is there any reason why you drink some much stuff during a workout?

zodiiac523

zodiiac523

Awards
  • Established
I drink xtend (sci vation) during workouts. I only put in 2 scoups which is the min you should take. I put it into a 20zo water bottle, after i drink it i fill it back up halfway with water. So i consume 30zo of water during a 1.5-2hr workout.

I think your taking quite a bit for intra workout. water doesnt seem to phase me no matter how much i drink of it. How much do pro do you take Post workout?

Is there any reason why you drink some much stuff during a workout?
i assumed drink it throughout the workout to ensure a steady flow of bcaa's... I use LG's bc+eaa i have my 20 oz shaker full of this and water, also have a gallon jug i take everywhere and drink that as well (besides the point though).. it doesnt bother me at all during weights.. its when im doing my hiit is when it starts f'ing with me... my assumption is if i take in more during intra workout i will still have enuff in my system to last through cardio..?

Rosie Chee

Rosie Chee

The Female Terminator
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Ok so i have been doing about 10 g bcaa intra workout, then i would hit up another 10 g intra cardio (do about 20 mins of cardio after lifts).. problem with this for me is, it makes feel like crap while downing and sprinting, feel bloated and want to burp/vomit and what have you and really screws with my cardio.. wondering if it would be sufficient to just do about 20 g or so intra workout and not worry about taking any during cardio.. I do my cardio immediately after weights..
Solution: DON'T drink during cardio. If drinking so much bothers you, then don't drink at all during cardio, especially if sprinting, and if it's short duration (i.e. <20 minutes).

~Team APPNUT

Last edited:

gymrat827

Awards
  • Established
the only reason why I drink mine during workout/cardio is I get home from work at 5-515pm. I drink my pre WO as i take off my shirt, tie, slacks and change into gym wear. than I leave my house, so i never really get any pre WO protein. So i drink the xtend so i am not burning muslce for energy.

If i were you i would reduce what you are currently taking in half. Just drink 10g's during. take the other10- 5 pre, 5 post. I dont think you need 20g of BCAA for a workout.

zodiiac523

zodiiac523

Awards
  • Established
Solution: DON'T drink during cardio. If drinking so much botehrs you, then don't drink at all during cardio, especially if sprinting, and if it's short duration (i.e. <20 minutes).

~Team APPNUT
that is a simple solution, and i am going to stop drinking them during cardio, but more of the question is that enough bcaa's to last through the cardio session?

Rosie Chee

Rosie Chee

The Female Terminator
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
that is a simple solution, and i am going to stop drinking them during cardio, but more of the question is that enough bcaa's to last through the cardio session?
In all honesty, you do not even need to have BCAAs pre, intra, or after your cardio - or resistance training at all. It's optional, just like most supplements are optional. BCAAs ARE good however, to use, to help with getting in protein requirements, and because they are already broken down, so have faster uptake, etc...What you use pre-training/intra-weights is fine - ~10g is enough, IMO.

~Team APPNUT

zodiiac523

zodiiac523

Awards
  • Established
In all honesty, you do not even need to have BCAAs pre, intra, or after your cardio - or resistance training at all. It's optional, just like most supplements are optional. BCAAs ARE good however, to use, to help with getting in protein requirements, and because they are already broken down, so have faster uptake, etc...What you use pre-training/intra-weights is fine - ~10g is enough, IMO.

~Team APPNUT
thank you, this is all i needed to know

UKStrength

Sometimes the simplest solutions are the best mate. I agree with Rosie.

capnsavem

capnsavem

Awards
  • Established
Solution: DON'T drink during cardio. If drinking so much botehrs you, then don't drink at all during cardio, especially if sprinting, and if it's short duration (i.e. <20 minutes).

~Team APPNUT
booyah. Rosie is on spot as usual :)

sharperunner

Awards
sounds like your problem is you're drinking LG's stuff. I've got 4 bottles of the stuff I'm choking down right now, then it's back to watermelon xtend. Never had a problem with xtend during HIIT or long cardio bouts.

acwingfoot

Awards
When going on a cut and getting 1.5x body weight in grams of protein already from whole food and a PostWO protein shake, supplementing with BCAA's (basically mega dosing) will limit your ability to keep shedding body fat at some point??

XTEND's recommended dosing for a person above 200lbs, is 6 scoops (3 servings) split between Pre and Intra and 1 serving (2 scoops) immediately Post WO. I would consider this mega dosing.. bt wondering if once you get down to a pretty low BF%, but looking to break that plateau and continue shedding, that cutting your BCAA's say in half or just limiting to 1 serving pre and 1 serving intra would help bust out???

No calories, but still processed in the body as protein, correct?