DHEA....Cycled?

triton185

triton185

Awards
  • Established
I take 100 mg of DHEA everyday and have been doing so for probably a year.......should I take time off?

BBB

BBB

Awards
  • Established
Until your reach the age of 45 it should be cycled. As with any hormone your body will quite producing if it's supplied externally. However, around the age of 45 your body’s production of DHEA has already dropped off significantly, in most individuals, and you need to add it to your diet for optimum health. It’s best to have your hormone levels tested to see if supplemental DHEA is required. I also like to take DIM alongside of DHEA to prevent shunting of DHEA to estrogen.

Ricky5145

Awards
  • Established
yeah i cycle off and on every 8 weeks. i use 300 mg a day for eight weeks with an AI and its phenomenal

zombiemuscle

zombiemuscle

Awards
  • Established
I love taking dhea to suppress my hpta!

matthias7

matthias7

Awards
  • Established
Suppression isn't the main concern.

Once you drop of it you'll get adrenal fatigue. You'll be fatigued until your adrenals take up the slack. 100mg oral isn't a massive dose but the fatigue might sting.

Look up "adrenal fatigue programs". We've answered this question in a million threads.

triton185

triton185

Awards
  • Established
Thanks guys......any benefits of 300mg vs 100mg?

zombiemuscle

zombiemuscle

Awards
  • Established
Suppression isn't the main concern.

Once you drop of it you'll get adrenal fatigue. You'll be fatigued until your adrenals take up the slack. 100mg oral isn't a massive dose but the fatigue might sting.

Look up "adrenal fatigue programs". We've answered this question in a million threads.
Suppression concerns me cuz a down regulated hpta means slower workout recovery and lowered test levels. Whatever benefit you get from dhea, it isn't worth the consequences.

Then again I'm only 25... If you are 40+ I'd say go for it!

Ricky5145

Awards
  • Established
DHEA gets tons, i mean tons of flak. Personally its been disgustingly phenomenal for me. in my opinion there hasnt been any were near a significant amount of testing done on DHEA to the point where anyone can draw a clear conclusion on the effects expecially at 300 mg dosages. Most test were run at 50 mg for people 40+. theres never been a study of 300 mg on a 25 year old and well never see one. Basically read up on it see what you find and decide for yourself. Everyones going to have a different claim, myself included. Thats why i got into it, people negged it i studied it tried it anyway and love it. but thats just me and my body.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
CorpKiller Male Anti-Aging Medicine 8
Supplements 2
Supplements 12
Supplements 14
Male Anti-Aging Medicine 21