Mucuna Pruriens and L-Dopa

  1. Registered User
    fatburner2007's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    1,921
    Answers
    0

    Talking Mucuna Pruriens and L-Dopa


    Is there any difference between Mucuna Pruriens and L-Dopa?

    Noticed Cognitive Nutrition list there L-Dopa 250mg caps as just L-Dopa, but with a description of "L-DOPA is a naturally occurring amino acid found in the human brain and in certain plants (Macuna pruriens, or velvet bean)"

    I am looking at another brand that indicates MUCUNA PRURIENS EXTRACT STANDARDIZED TO 15% L-DOPA - 400 Mg per cap.

    Is there any difference between these two? Is the Cognitive Nutrition standardized to a higher % of L-Dopa?

    A couple of things I have heard about Mucuna Pruriens are the following:

    1. Effective for fat loss and beneficial when cutting.
    2. Effective for sustaining sexual activity for a longer duration and reduce the refractional period; treatment of premature ejaculation as it delays the process of ejaculation by simply toning down the sensitivity of male sex organs.

    Has anyone experience the above benefits? If so, is Mucuna Pruriens meant to be taken daily, prior to the gym or sexual activity, etc.?

  2. Registered User
    plenny's Avatar
    Stats
    5'6"  170 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Age
    40
    Posts
    997
    Answers
    0


    ive rtied "Maca Man" from GNC a few years ago.....i think it had the Maca puriens along with yohimbine...did nothing for sex drive...gave me the sweats real bad..and some energy.
  3. Registered User
    thebigt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    27,651
    Answers
    1


    Quote Originally Posted by fatburner2007 View Post
    Is there any difference between Mucuna Pruriens and L-Dopa?

    Noticed Cognitive Nutrition list there L-Dopa 250mg caps as just L-Dopa, but with a description of "L-DOPA is a naturally occurring amino acid found in the human brain and in certain plants (Macuna pruriens, or velvet bean)"

    I am looking at another brand that indicates MUCUNA PRURIENS EXTRACT STANDARDIZED TO 15% L-DOPA - 400 Mg per cap.

    Is there any difference between these two? Is the Cognitive Nutrition standardized to a higher % of L-Dopa?

    A couple of things I have heard about Mucuna Pruriens are the following:

    1. Effective for fat loss and beneficial when cutting.
    2. Effective for sustaining sexual activity for a longer duration and reduce the refractional period; treatment of premature ejaculation as it delays the process of ejaculation by simply toning down the sensitivity of male sex organs.

    Has anyone experience the above benefits? If so, is Mucuna Pruriens meant to be taken daily, prior to the gym or sexual activity, etc.?
    cheapest route is bulk 1-carboxy- dinoii says it is macuna puriens. or if you want to spend more get powerful.
    BPS REP-DERMACRINE/ENDOSURGE....COMBUSTION/DCP 2.0
    •   
       

  4. Registered User
    rochabp's Avatar
    Stats
    5'8"  205 lbs.
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    5,190
    Answers
    0


    look up i-gh-1 by LG sciences i think they have macuna extract for 99% l-dopa in a prop bend of 750mg a pill for 100 pills you can probably find it for 25-30 bucks
    The difference between who you are and who you want to be is what you do.
  5. Registered User
    thebigt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    27,651
    Answers
    1


    Quote Originally Posted by rochabp View Post
    look up i-gh-1 by LG sciences i think they have macuna extract for 99% l-dopa in a prop bend of 750mg a pill for 100 pills you can probably find it for 25-30 bucks
    looks interesting! max dose is 7 caps-it would go fast dosing it that high-at $30 bucks a pop. even at 4 caps would only be 25 days worth.
    BPS REP-DERMACRINE/ENDOSURGE....COMBUSTION/DCP 2.0
  6. Registered User
    fatburner2007's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    1,921
    Answers
    0


    Trying to send you a PM but it says your inbox is full :-(

    Quote Originally Posted by thebigt View Post
    cheapest route is bulk 1-carboxy- dinoii says it is macuna puriens. or if you want to spend more get powerful.
  7. Registered User
    rochabp's Avatar
    Stats
    5'8"  205 lbs.
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    5,190
    Answers
    0


    Quote Originally Posted by thebigt View Post
    looks interesting! max dose is 7 caps-it would go fast dosing it that high-at $30 bucks a pop. even at 4 caps would only be 25 days worth.
    never mind if your gonna take 7 caps i was thinking more like 3 at night that would give you like 33 days, i agree with that bulk 1-carboxy- dinoii very cheap and its worth a shot
    The difference between who you are and who you want to be is what you do.
  8. Registered User
    fatburner2007's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    1,921
    Answers
    0


    Only problem is how much L-Dopa are you actually getting out of each cap:


    GH Secretagogue Complex 760 mg **
    Arginine Pyroglutamate
    Ornithine AKG
    Murcuna Puriens (standardized for 99% L-Dopa)
    Astragalus Membranaceus (Root)
    L-Lysine



    Quote Originally Posted by rochabp View Post
    look up i-gh-1 by LG sciences i think they have macuna extract for 99% l-dopa in a prop bend of 750mg a pill for 100 pills you can probably find it for 25-30 bucks
  9. Registered User
    rochabp's Avatar
    Stats
    5'8"  205 lbs.
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    5,190
    Answers
    0


    Quote Originally Posted by fatburner2007 View Post
    Only problem is how much L-Dopa are you actually getting out of each cap:


    GH Secretagogue Complex 760 mg **
    Arginine Pyroglutamate
    Ornithine AKG
    Murcuna Puriens (standardized for 99% L-Dopa)
    Astragalus Membranaceus (Root)
    L-Lysine
    but it looks like a good formula for GH secretion, or does l-dopa work on more than just GH, or is their main effect through GH secretion?
    The difference between who you are and who you want to be is what you do.
  10. Registered User
    fatburner2007's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    1,921
    Answers
    0


    Think I might start with a brand I found locally. It indicates MUCUNA PRURIENS EXTRACT STANDARDIZED TO 15% L-DOPA - 400 Mg per cap. How many caps would you do per day?

    Is it any more effective on the timinging? before the gym or sexual activity?


    Quote Originally Posted by thebigt View Post
    cheapest route is bulk 1-carboxy- dinoii says it is macuna puriens. or if you want to spend more get powerful.
  11. Registered User
    rochabp's Avatar
    Stats
    5'8"  205 lbs.
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    5,190
    Answers
    0


    Quote Originally Posted by fatburner2007 View Post
    Think I might start with a brand I found locally. It indicates MUCUNA PRURIENS EXTRACT STANDARDIZED TO 15% L-DOPA - 400 Mg per cap. How many caps would you do per day?

    Is it any more effective on the timinging? before the gym or sexual activity?
    so thats like 60 mg of l-dopa per cap, as for timing i really dont know but i would guess on empty stomach before going to sleep, i could be wrong so IDK
    The difference between who you are and who you want to be is what you do.
  12. Registered User
    fatburner2007's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    1,921
    Answers
    0


    So something like 6 caps per day? Have heard it is better to use earlier in the day as it may impact sleep.


    Quote Originally Posted by rochabp View Post
    so thats like 60 mg of l-dopa per cap, as for timing i really dont know but i would guess on empty stomach before going to sleep, i could be wrong so IDK
  13. UKStrength
    Guest
    UKStrength's Avatar


    Quote Originally Posted by rochabp View Post
    so thats like 60 mg of l-dopa per cap, as for timing i really dont know but i would guess on empty stomach before going to sleep, i could be wrong so IDK
    Definitely on an empty stomach, insulin reduces the GH response dramatically.
  14. Registered User
    thebigt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    27,651
    Answers
    1


    Quote Originally Posted by fatburner2007 View Post
    Think I might start with a brand I found locally. It indicates MUCUNA PRURIENS EXTRACT STANDARDIZED TO 15% L-DOPA - 400 Mg per cap. How many caps would you do per day?

    Is it any more effective on the timinging? before the gym or sexual activity?
    that is a weak percentage, what is recommended dose?



    follow the dosing of powerful since it is a l-dopa product.
    BPS REP-DERMACRINE/ENDOSURGE....COMBUSTION/DCP 2.0
  15. Registered User
    fatburner2007's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    1,921
    Answers
    0

    Thumbs up


    Recommended dosage indicates 6-8 caps per day; does that still seem too low? Thought I would just try this first, then maybe end up going the bulk route, but haven't been able to find it in bulk yet.

    Also, how does this compare to 1-carboxy-dinoii?


    Quote Originally Posted by thebigt View Post
    that is a weak percentage, what is recommended dose?



    follow the dosing of powerful since it is a l-dopa product.
  16. Registered User
    thebigt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    27,651
    Answers
    1


    Quote Originally Posted by fatburner2007 View Post
    Recommended dosage indicates 6-8 caps per day; does that still seem too low? Thought I would just try this first, then maybe end up going the bulk route, but haven't been able to find it in bulk yet.

    Also, how does this compare to 1-carboxy-dinoii?
    that's 3200mg total and 480mg of l-dopa if my math is right.

    i have no idea how it will compare to 1-carboxy-btw dinoii is who i was quoting when i said 1-carboxy is mucuna.
    BPS REP-DERMACRINE/ENDOSURGE....COMBUSTION/DCP 2.0
  17. Registered User
    fatburner2007's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    1,921
    Answers
    0


    LOL; was wondering about that LOL

    so it is 1-carboxy; not at all familiar with it as you can tell.

    Guess the real question then is 1-carboxy = or better than Mucuna Pruriens?

    As for what I am going to start with, does a daily dose of 480mg of l-dopa sound about right?



    Quote Originally Posted by thebigt View Post
    that's 3200mg total and 480mg of l-dopa if my math is right.

    i have no idea how it will compare to 1-carboxy-btw dinoii is who i was quoting when i said 1-carboxy is mucuna.
  18. Registered User
    thebigt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    27,651
    Answers
    1


    Quote Originally Posted by fatburner2007 View Post
    LOL; was wondering about that LOL

    so it is 1-carboxy; not at all familiar with it as you can tell.
    yes, 1-carboxy is what you are looking for. it is very popular, many guys on here use it often-mostly because it works and is cheap.
    BPS REP-DERMACRINE/ENDOSURGE....COMBUSTION/DCP 2.0
  19. Registered User
    fatburner2007's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    1,921
    Answers
    0

    Arrow


    Any idea how it works in bulk form? Is it tolerable to swallow?

    As for what I am going to start with, does a daily dose of 480mg of l-dopa sound about right?

    Still haven't really heard from anyone on the effectiveness to prolong activity during sexual activity; have seen that as a claim, but not sure if anyone has actually experienced it.



    Quote Originally Posted by thebigt View Post
    yes, 1-carboxy is what you are looking for. it is very popular, many guys on here use it often-mostly because it works and is cheap.
  20. Registered User
    thebigt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    27,651
    Answers
    1


    Quote Originally Posted by fatburner2007 View Post
    Any idea how it works in bulk form? Is it tolerable to swallow?

    Still haven't really heard from anyone on the effectiveness to prolong activity during sexual activity; have seen that as a claim, but not sure if anyone has actually experienced it.
    it is nasty, you have to spoon it down and chase with water, lol. but it's worth it, imo. i have used it often and you get used to it.


    how it works is increased dopamine will reduce prolactin, prolactin goes up when you have sex. it is the prolactin buildup that causes you to not get hard again right away after you ejaculate. less prolactin = better sex. also prolactin competes with test, so if you have high prolactin you will probably have lower test. in theory, lowering prolactin should raise test.
    BPS REP-DERMACRINE/ENDOSURGE....COMBUSTION/DCP 2.0
  21. Running with the Big Boys
    Board Sponsor
    poison's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  190 lbs.
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Age
    40
    Posts
    5,904
    Answers
    0


    Whenever you take it, it MUST BE ON AN EMPTY STOMACH. That means at least 2 hours after food, and wait an hour after dosing to eat. I hear some guys like it pre-workout, so eat 2.5 hours before, dose 1/2hr before, and avoid carbs for another hour. Sounds like hell to me, but good for a cut. It does work great for sleep, I took some Lipotopin PM the other night on a totally empty stomach and slept AWESOME. 6 hours felt like 8.
  22. Registered User
    thebigt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    27,651
    Answers
    1


    Quote Originally Posted by poison View Post
    Whenever you take it, it MUST BE ON AN EMPTY STOMACH. That means at least 2 hours after food, and wait an hour after dosing to eat. I hear some guys like it pre-workout, so eat 2.5 hours before, dose 1/2hr before, and avoid carbs for another hour. Sounds like hell to me, but good for a cut. It does work great for sleep, I took some Lipotopin PM the other night on a totally empty stomach and slept AWESOME. 6 hours felt like 8.
    absolutely empty stomach-no carbs.


    good advice.
    BPS REP-DERMACRINE/ENDOSURGE....COMBUSTION/DCP 2.0
  23. Running with the Big Boys
    Board Sponsor
    poison's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  190 lbs.
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Age
    40
    Posts
    5,904
    Answers
    0


    I even think protein interferes, bigt, personally.
  24. Registered User
    thebigt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    27,651
    Answers
    1


    Quote Originally Posted by poison View Post
    I even think protein interferes, bigt, personally.
    it does, but carbs cause a spike in insulin which is the real culprit in my understanding.
    BPS REP-DERMACRINE/ENDOSURGE....COMBUSTION/DCP 2.0
  25. Running with the Big Boys
    Board Sponsor
    poison's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  190 lbs.
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Age
    40
    Posts
    5,904
    Answers
    0


    For sure. Maybe protein is more of a digestion issue than an insulin issue.
  26. Registered User
    thebigt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    27,651
    Answers
    1


    Quote Originally Posted by poison View Post
    For sure. Maybe protein is more of a digestion issue than an insulin issue.
    could be-best bet is just to keep it empty.
    BPS REP-DERMACRINE/ENDOSURGE....COMBUSTION/DCP 2.0
  27. Registered User
    fatburner2007's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    1,921
    Answers
    0


    Sounds like the best approach. I ended up going with 1-carboxy bulk and just placed my order...looking forward to it.

    When I ordered bulk 1,3, someone had suggested mixing it with so much water (Crystal Light) so it is dissolved and the taste is muted. Can the same be done with 1-carboxy or should it only be mixed as you use it?

    Going 5 days on, 2 days off and taking it preworkout or before bedtime.


    Quote Originally Posted by thebigt View Post
    could be-best bet is just to keep it empty.
  28. Registered User
    thebigt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    27,651
    Answers
    1


    Quote Originally Posted by testosteronet View Post
    your best bet is direct to the mouth, then chase with your beverage of choice...
    you bet. stuff is nasty, no matter what you mix it with. throw it back and chug.
    BPS REP-DERMACRINE/ENDOSURGE....COMBUSTION/DCP 2.0
  29. Registered User
    eatingisfun's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    782
    Answers
    0


    Quote Originally Posted by poison View Post
    For sure. Maybe protein is more of a digestion issue than an insulin issue.
    From what I've read, whey protein will cause a small insulin response

    Edit:
    http://tnation.tmuscle.com/free_onli...ageNo=0#bottom
  30. Registered User
    wedlund6's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  264 lbs.
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Age
    43
    Posts
    583
    Answers
    0


    i am on my second tube of somnidren and i like it i have used l-dopa for years it works great on the sex drive on cycle and during pct.i have used it solo also. you need to cycle off it from time to time. right now i take it mon.thru thur.then fri, sat, sun off i have been running that way for about 2 months now with no tolerance build up yet.
  31. Registered User
    fatburner2007's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    1,921
    Answers
    0

    Thumbs up


    Which is why I decided to go with the Mucuna Pruriens caps

    After getting alot of feedback between L-Dopa and Mucuna Pruriens, it appears the studies show that Mucuna Pruriens is actually more effective. Was even going to go with PowerFULL, but seems for value vs. effectiveness, Mucuna Pruriens should do the job just fine.

    Figure 2 - Effect of l-DOPA and Mucuna pruriens seed powder feeding on plasma testosterone, LH and prolactin level



    Quote Originally Posted by thebigt View Post
    stuff is nasty, no matter what you mix it with.
  32. Registered User
    thebigt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    27,651
    Answers
    1


    Quote Originally Posted by fatburner2007 View Post
    Which is why I decided to go with the Mucuna Pruriens caps

    After getting alot of feedback between L-Dopa and Mucuna Pruriens, it appears the studies show that Mucuna Pruriens is actually more effective. Was even going to go with PowerFULL, but seems for value vs. effectiveness, Mucuna Pruriens should do the job just fine.

    Figure 2 - Effect of l-DOPA and Mucuna pruriens seed powder feeding on plasma testosterone, LH and prolactin level
    let us know how it goes, and good luck!
    BPS REP-DERMACRINE/ENDOSURGE....COMBUSTION/DCP 2.0
  33. Registered User
    fatburner2007's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    1,921
    Answers
    0


    Of all the feedback I have been receiving, alot of people of notice how since starting these type of supplements, they have noticed an improvement in their skin. Is this typical and if so, curious what causes this.
  34. Registered User
    eatingisfun's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    782
    Answers
    0


    Quote Originally Posted by fatburner2007 View Post
    Of all the feedback I have been receiving, alot of people of notice how since starting these type of supplements, they have noticed an improvement in their skin. Is this typical and if so, curious what causes this.
    It's typical of increased GH
  35. Registered User
    narraboth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    263
    Answers
    0


    Quote Originally Posted by fatburner2007 View Post
    Is there any difference between Mucuna Pruriens and L-Dopa?
    I am looking at another brand that indicates MUCUNA PRURIENS EXTRACT STANDARDIZED TO 15% L-DOPA - 400 Mg per cap.

    Is there any difference between these two? Is the Cognitive Nutrition standardized to a higher % of L-Dopa?

    A couple of things I have heard about Mucuna Pruriens are the following:

    1. Effective for fat loss and beneficial when cutting.
    2. Effective for sustaining sexual activity for a longer duration and reduce the refractional period; treatment of premature ejaculation as it delays the process of ejaculation by simply toning down the sensitivity of male sex organs.


    Has anyone experience the above benefits? If so, is Mucuna Pruriens meant to be taken daily, prior to the gym or sexual activity, etc.?
    The relationship between L-dopa and mucuna is already explained by someone above.

    I just want to add my thinking:
    1. it's not sure that either mucuna or l-dopa can help you loss fat. people think it can increase GH, but you can't say so that it can help fat loss, that's too quick linking.

    2. In theory, more dopamine is not link to longer period. Some illegal dopamine booster can stop you from ejeculation, yes, but they act in a different mechanism. Personally, I feel that maybe l-dopa can make sex more enjoyable, but can not longer my duration, actually I feel it made my duration shorter. It doesn't toning down my male organ sensitivity: it increases the sexual sense. For reducing refractional period, I am not sure either, I haven't count the time. I don't think shorter refractional period is that important for sex, unless it's really short, so short that you can do it again immediately before your partner cool down.

    3. Both mucuna and l-dopa is cheap as bulk powder, and all taste not bad; personally i won't buy expensive mucuna or l-dopa in capsules with a fancy name, but maybe you think it's more reliable than unnamed bulk stuffs, also an idea, up to you.

    4. Playing with your dopamine system is not risk free, I would suggest anyone who wants to buy this kind of product do some reading, see what you definitely shouldn't take at the same time in case very bad sides might happen.
  •   

      
     

Similar Forum Threads

  1. Mucuna Pruriens
    By fatburner2007 in forum Supplements
    Replies: 57
    Last Post: 04-09-2013, 07:31 PM
  2. L-dopa/mucuna pruriens dosage?
    By AtomicFox in forum Supplements
    Replies: 23
    Last Post: 04-09-2013, 09:35 AM
  3. Is my Mucuna Pruriens (L-Dopa) standardized too low?
    By Super Saiyan in forum Supplements
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 04-27-2010, 12:49 PM
  4. 1-carboxy vs. Mucuna Pruriens
    By fatburner2007 in forum Supplements
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 04-11-2010, 07:18 PM
  5. Bulk mucuna pruriens?
    By de49152 in forum Supplements
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 12-17-2007, 06:30 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Log in

Log in