Mucuna Pruriens and L-Dopa

fatburner2007

fatburner2007

Awards
  • Established
Is there any difference between Mucuna Pruriens and L-Dopa?

Noticed Cognitive Nutrition list there L-Dopa 250mg caps as just L-Dopa, but with a description of "L-DOPA is a naturally occurring amino acid found in the human brain and in certain plants (Macuna pruriens, or velvet bean)"

I am looking at another brand that indicates MUCUNA PRURIENS EXTRACT STANDARDIZED TO 15% L-DOPA - 400 Mg per cap.

Is there any difference between these two? Is the Cognitive Nutrition standardized to a higher % of L-Dopa?

A couple of things I have heard about Mucuna Pruriens are the following:

1. Effective for fat loss and beneficial when cutting.
2. Effective for sustaining sexual activity for a longer duration and reduce the refractional period; treatment of premature ejaculation as it delays the process of ejaculation by simply toning down the sensitivity of male sex organs.

Has anyone experience the above benefits? If so, is Mucuna Pruriens meant to be taken daily, prior to the gym or sexual activity, etc.?

plenny

plenny

Awards
  • Established
ive rtied "Maca Man" from GNC a few years ago.....i think it had the Maca puriens along with yohimbine...did nothing for sex drive...gave me the sweats real bad..and some energy.

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote

Noticed Cognitive Nutrition list there L-Dopa 250mg caps as just L-Dopa, but with a description of "L-DOPA is a naturally occurring amino acid found in the human brain and in certain plants (Macuna pruriens, or velvet bean)"

I am looking at another brand that indicates MUCUNA PRURIENS EXTRACT STANDARDIZED TO 15% L-DOPA - 400 Mg per cap.

Is there any difference between these two? Is the Cognitive Nutrition standardized to a higher % of L-Dopa?

2. Effective for sustaining sexual activity for a longer duration and reduce the refractional period; treatment of premature ejaculation as it delays the process of ejaculation by simply toning down the sensitivity of male sex organs.

Has anyone experience the above benefits? If so, is Mucuna Pruriens meant to be taken daily, prior to the gym or sexual activity, etc.?
cheapest route is bulk 1-carboxy- dinoii says it is macuna puriens. or if you want to spend more get powerful.

rochabp

rochabp

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
look up i-gh-1 by LG sciences i think they have macuna extract for 99% l-dopa in a prop bend of 750mg a pill for 100 pills you can probably find it for 25-30 bucks

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
look up i-gh-1 by LG sciences i think they have macuna extract for 99% l-dopa in a prop bend of 750mg a pill for 100 pills you can probably find it for 25-30 bucks
looks interesting! max dose is 7 caps-it would go fast dosing it that high-at $30 bucks a pop. even at 4 caps would only be 25 days worth.

fatburner2007

fatburner2007

Awards
  • Established
Trying to send you a PM but it says your inbox is full :-(

cheapest route is bulk 1-carboxy- dinoii says it is macuna puriens. or if you want to spend more get powerful.

rochabp

rochabp

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
looks interesting! max dose is 7 caps-it would go fast dosing it that high-at $30 bucks a pop. even at 4 caps would only be 25 days worth.
never mind if your gonna take 7 caps i was thinking more like 3 at night that would give you like 33 days, i agree with that bulk 1-carboxy- dinoii very cheap and its worth a shot

fatburner2007

fatburner2007

Awards
  • Established
Only problem is how much L-Dopa are you actually getting out of each cap:

GH Secretagogue Complex 760 mg **
Arginine Pyroglutamate
Ornithine AKG
Murcuna Puriens (standardized for 99% L-Dopa)
Astragalus Membranaceus (Root)
L-Lysine

rochabp

rochabp

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Only problem is how much L-Dopa are you actually getting out of each cap:

GH Secretagogue Complex 760 mg **
Arginine Pyroglutamate
Ornithine AKG
Murcuna Puriens (standardized for 99% L-Dopa)
Astragalus Membranaceus (Root)
L-Lysine
but it looks like a good formula for GH secretion, or does l-dopa work on more than just GH, or is their main effect through GH secretion?

fatburner2007

fatburner2007

Awards
  • Established
Think I might start with a brand I found locally. It indicates MUCUNA PRURIENS EXTRACT STANDARDIZED TO 15% L-DOPA - 400 Mg per cap. How many caps would you do per day?

Is it any more effective on the timinging? before the gym or sexual activity?

rochabp

rochabp

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Think I might start with a brand I found locally. It indicates MUCUNA PRURIENS EXTRACT STANDARDIZED TO 15% L-DOPA - 400 Mg per cap. How many caps would you do per day?

so thats like 60 mg of l-dopa per cap, as for timing i really dont know but i would guess on empty stomach before going to sleep, i could be wrong so IDK

fatburner2007

fatburner2007

Awards
  • Established
So something like 6 caps per day? Have heard it is better to use earlier in the day as it may impact sleep.

so thats like 60 mg of l-dopa per cap, as for timing i really dont know but i would guess on empty stomach before going to sleep, i could be wrong so IDK

UKStrength

Definitely on an empty stomach, insulin reduces the GH response dramatically.

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote

that is a weak percentage, what is recommended dose?

follow the dosing of powerful since it is a l-dopa product.

fatburner2007

fatburner2007

Awards
  • Established
Recommended dosage indicates 6-8 caps per day; does that still seem too low? Thought I would just try this first, then maybe end up going the bulk route, but haven't been able to find it in bulk yet.

Also, how does this compare to 1-carboxy-dinoii?

that is a weak percentage, what is recommended dose?

follow the dosing of powerful since it is a l-dopa product.

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Recommended dosage indicates 6-8 caps per day; does that still seem too low? Thought I would just try this first, then maybe end up going the bulk route, but haven't been able to find it in bulk yet.

Also, how does this compare to 1-carboxy-dinoii?
that's 3200mg total and 480mg of l-dopa if my math is right.

i have no idea how it will compare to 1-carboxy-btw dinoii is who i was quoting when i said 1-carboxy is mucuna.

fatburner2007

fatburner2007

Awards
  • Established
LOL; was wondering about that LOL

so it is 1-carboxy; not at all familiar with it as you can tell.

Guess the real question then is 1-carboxy = or better than Mucuna Pruriens?

As for what I am going to start with, does a daily dose of 480mg of l-dopa sound about right?

that's 3200mg total and 480mg of l-dopa if my math is right.

i have no idea how it will compare to 1-carboxy-btw dinoii is who i was quoting when i said 1-carboxy is mucuna.

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
LOL; was wondering about that LOL

so it is 1-carboxy; not at all familiar with it as you can tell.
yes, 1-carboxy is what you are looking for. it is very popular, many guys on here use it often-mostly because it works and is cheap.

fatburner2007

fatburner2007

Awards
  • Established
Any idea how it works in bulk form? Is it tolerable to swallow?

As for what I am going to start with, does a daily dose of 480mg of l-dopa sound about right?

Still haven't really heard from anyone on the effectiveness to prolong activity during sexual activity; have seen that as a claim, but not sure if anyone has actually experienced it.

yes, 1-carboxy is what you are looking for. it is very popular, many guys on here use it often-mostly because it works and is cheap.

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Any idea how it works in bulk form? Is it tolerable to swallow?

Still haven't really heard from anyone on the effectiveness to prolong activity during sexual activity; have seen that as a claim, but not sure if anyone has actually experienced it.
it is nasty, you have to spoon it down and chase with water, lol. but it's worth it, imo. i have used it often and you get used to it.

how it works is increased dopamine will reduce prolactin, prolactin goes up when you have sex. it is the prolactin buildup that causes you to not get hard again right away after you ejaculate. less prolactin = better sex. also prolactin competes with test, so if you have high prolactin you will probably have lower test. in theory, lowering prolactin should raise test.

poison

poison

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Whenever you take it, it MUST BE ON AN EMPTY STOMACH. That means at least 2 hours after food, and wait an hour after dosing to eat. I hear some guys like it pre-workout, so eat 2.5 hours before, dose 1/2hr before, and avoid carbs for another hour. Sounds like hell to me, but good for a cut. It does work great for sleep, I took some Lipotopin PM the other night on a totally empty stomach and slept AWESOME. 6 hours felt like 8.

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Whenever you take it, it MUST BE ON AN EMPTY STOMACH. That means at least 2 hours after food, and wait an hour after dosing to eat. I hear some guys like it pre-workout, so eat 2.5 hours before, dose 1/2hr before, and avoid carbs for another hour. Sounds like hell to me, but good for a cut. It does work great for sleep, I took some Lipotopin PM the other night on a totally empty stomach and slept AWESOME. 6 hours felt like 8.
absolutely empty stomach-no carbs.

good advice.

poison

poison

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I even think protein interferes, bigt, personally.

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
I even think protein interferes, bigt, personally.
it does, but carbs cause a spike in insulin which is the real culprit in my understanding.

poison

poison

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
For sure. Maybe protein is more of a digestion issue than an insulin issue.

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
For sure. Maybe protein is more of a digestion issue than an insulin issue.
could be-best bet is just to keep it empty.:beerchug:

fatburner2007

fatburner2007

Awards
  • Established
Sounds like the best approach. I ended up going with 1-carboxy bulk and just placed my order...looking forward to it.

When I ordered bulk 1,3, someone had suggested mixing it with so much water (Crystal Light) so it is dissolved and the taste is muted. Can the same be done with 1-carboxy or should it only be mixed as you use it?

Going 5 days on, 2 days off and taking it preworkout or before bedtime.

could be-best bet is just to keep it empty.:beerchug:

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
your best bet is direct to the mouth, then chase with your beverage of choice...
you bet. stuff is nasty, no matter what you mix it with. throw it back and chug.

wedlund6

Awards
  • Established
i am on my second tube of somnidren and i like it i have used l-dopa for years it works great on the sex drive on cycle and during pct.i have used it solo also. you need to cycle off it from time to time. right now i take it mon.thru thur.then fri, sat, sun off i have been running that way for about 2 months now with no tolerance build up yet.

fatburner2007

fatburner2007

Awards
  • Established
Which is why I decided to go with the Mucuna Pruriens caps :drive:

After getting alot of feedback between L-Dopa and Mucuna Pruriens, it appears the studies show that Mucuna Pruriens is actually more effective. Was even going to go with PowerFULL, but seems for value vs. effectiveness, Mucuna Pruriens should do the job just fine.

Figure 2 - Effect of l-DOPA and Mucuna pruriens seed powder feeding on plasma testosterone, LH and prolactin level

stuff is nasty, no matter what you mix it with.

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Which is why I decided to go with the Mucuna Pruriens caps :drive:

After getting alot of feedback between L-Dopa and Mucuna Pruriens, it appears the studies show that Mucuna Pruriens is actually more effective. Was even going to go with PowerFULL, but seems for value vs. effectiveness, Mucuna Pruriens should do the job just fine.

Figure 2 - Effect of l-DOPA and Mucuna pruriens seed powder feeding on plasma testosterone, LH and prolactin level
let us know how it goes, and good luck!

fatburner2007

fatburner2007

Awards
  • Established
Of all the feedback I have been receiving, alot of people of notice how since starting these type of supplements, they have noticed an improvement in their skin. Is this typical and if so, curious what causes this.

eatingisfun

eatingisfun

Awards
  • Established
Of all the feedback I have been receiving, alot of people of notice how since starting these type of supplements, they have noticed an improvement in their skin. Is this typical and if so, curious what causes this.
It's typical of increased GH

narraboth

Awards
  • Established

The relationship between L-dopa and mucuna is already explained by someone above.

I just want to add my thinking:
1. it's not sure that either mucuna or l-dopa can help you loss fat. people think it can increase GH, but you can't say so that it can help fat loss, that's too quick linking.

2. In theory, more dopamine is not link to longer period. Some illegal dopamine booster can stop you from ejeculation, yes, but they act in a different mechanism. Personally, I feel that maybe l-dopa can make sex more enjoyable, but can not longer my duration, actually I feel it made my duration shorter. It doesn't toning down my male organ sensitivity: it increases the sexual sense. For reducing refractional period, I am not sure either, I haven't count the time. I don't think shorter refractional period is that important for sex, unless it's really short, so short that you can do it again immediately before your partner cool down.

3. Both mucuna and l-dopa is cheap as bulk powder, and all taste not bad; personally i won't buy expensive mucuna or l-dopa in capsules with a fancy name, but maybe you think it's more reliable than unnamed bulk stuffs, also an idea, up to you.

4. Playing with your dopamine system is not risk free, I would suggest anyone who wants to buy this kind of product do some reading, see what you definitely shouldn't take at the same time in case very bad sides might happen.