My Dad needs to sleep, Need opinions!!!!

Page 1 of 2 12 Last
  1. Exclamation My Dad needs to sleep, Need opinions!!!!


    ok guys post your best best best sleep aids, dad cant sleep the night through, im looking at alteril, reduction PM, somnidrenGH at 1/2serv due to cost, champion nutrition sleep aid..... whats your thoughts and input?


  2. tylenol PM?

  3. Melatonin works WONDERS for me and is very cheap. I'd recommend giving that a shot.
    •   
       


  4. sorry guys, hes tried pure GABA, and Melatonin, and no tylenol PM you dont get into REM sleep with it, try it and notice you are groggy as **** the next day

  5. Melatonin used in conjunction with GHenerate/I-GH-1 has produced some of the most deeply relaxing, restful, sleep I've ever experienced. Not only do I sleep like a baby, and have extremely vivid dreams, I wake up refreshed and energized.

  6. valerian root and zma possibly

  7. and also a good HARD workout or a good amount of cardio. Basically somthing that will drain all your energy. Works wonders for me.

  8. if the cost of somnidren was an issue, look again it's on sale at nutra. i am 51 and work 3rd shift-somnidren is the best otc sleep aid i have tried-trust me i have tried plenty.

  9. well yes it is on sale but that is still pretty expensive, what aobut sleep hangover on somnidren? and do u use 1 scoop or 1/2?

  10. Quote Originally Posted by JN230 View Post
    sorry guys, hes tried pure GABA, and Melatonin, and no tylenol PM you dont get into REM sleep with it, try it and notice you are groggy as **** the next day
    Hmmm...... Does he exercise regularly? Is he otherwise healthy? If everything else in his life is going alright then he should probably see a doctor. And if the problem is so bad that it's really adversely affecting his life quality then something like Ambien might be the best option.

  11. he ust started exercising and its helping a little but hes also type 2 so im trying to increase muscle growth to increase insulin sensativity.....

    less drugs the better
    hes also 57 so less hormones overall= less sleep generally for older folks

  12. I would be happy to send you a sample of a brand new sleep aid we will be bringing to market.

    If you would like just send me an email at info [at] AnabolicInnovations.com
    It was formulated by Nathan (UNCNate) who also formulated TestoPRO and HGHpro.
    Sleep Supplement 3Z BCAA: Red Raspberry and Lemon flavors
    HGH/sleep enhancer: HGHpro
    Test Booster: TestoPRO and STOKED!
    Preworkout: MANIAC Fruit Punch and Pink Lemonade

  13. Quote Originally Posted by JN230 View Post
    he ust started exercising and its helping a little but hes also type 2 so im trying to increase muscle growth to increase insulin sensativity.....

    less drugs the better
    hes also 57 so less hormones overall= less sleep generally for older folks
    low test might be his main problem, i started on trt 8/28/09 and feel a hundred percent better. sleep can also be effected by low test-get him tested, if it is low test he will be very thankful when trt kicks in. can't put into words how much better i feel.

  14. Ya dont take tylenol PM you are so groggy the next day it sucks...

    Prescription:
    My friend is an insomniac and he takes Lunesta. i tried one when i was having trouble sleeping during my law school finals. It knocked me out and i felt great the next day.

    Herbal:
    also try Valerian its a natural way to fall asleep.
    Chamomile
    Melatonin
    Tryptophan


    Over the counter:
    Compoz, Sleepinal, Sominex and Nytol
    Unisom its a different chemical compound then the ones above so if those dont work try unisom..

  15. Quote Originally Posted by thebigt View Post
    low test might be his main problem, i started on trt 8/28/09 and feel a hundred percent better. sleep can also be effected by low test-get him tested, if it is low test he will be very thankful when trt kicks in. can't put into words how much better i feel.
    what form of TRT are you using? pellets injections, cream?
    and is it synthetic or bioidentical, and did u get insurance to cover it?

  16. Quote Originally Posted by JN230 View Post
    what form of TRT are you using? pellets injections, cream?
    and is it synthetic or bioidentical, and did u get insurance to cover it?
    injectable test cyp-it cost's me $8 for a 10ml vial-with insurance. i think it cost's $120 without insurance, but even at 200mg weekly that's only 1ml so it lasts a long time.

  17. I have tried everything and honestly nothing worked as well as the prescription but i guess that can be expected. I used to have so much trouble sleeping back in law school...

  18. Quote Originally Posted by TheU View Post
    I have tried everything and honestly nothing worked as well as the prescription but i guess that can be expected. I used to have so much trouble sleeping back in law school...
    i have a prescription for klonipin, and i am able to alternate it with somnidren. i was given a free jug of the new somnidren a few months ago and liked it so much i have bought 2 more.

  19. has anybody ever posted a sticky on sleep aids? this comes up pretty often. i use doxylamine succinate(generic unisom 192 for like $7 @ costco) have used my share of benadryl(tylenol pm, you-name-it pm,sominex, nytol etc...) have tried most herbs(valerian, hops, chamomile, passion flower, kava, etc, etc...) also, phenibut/gaba, tryptophan, melatonin, theanine, zma, etc... for me, sleep is a highly subtle thing & i really dont succeed by bludgeoning myself into a stupor or unconsciousness. there's a big difference between knocked out & a good nights sleep. a remedy that help one time wont help the next, very tricky.

  20. Meletonin and velerian root together always did me wonders in the days of me abusing drugs...Its funny I was taking this stuff before I got into bodybuilding..

  21. Unisom sleep gels work great for me.

  22. well just letting you know. some nights I would only need like 2 pills of meletonin then again other nights I need like 8. So I mean I beleive it does work...just know our situation and stress level.

  23. Benadryl 50mg
    Melatonin 6mg


    Take it ~2 hours when you want to start sleeping. Warning though: Its going to make you graugy the next day.

  24. ShapiroMD wrote:
    Benadryl 50mg
    Melatonin 6mg
    That will knock out a horse. Also try SLOW release melatonin - easy to buy.

    S-Gh appears to work on the principle of synergy. S-Gh 1/2 dose + either of the above should also work.

    If it doesn't a Remalton script (I've probably spelt that wrong). That will cost $$$. It avoids benzos.

    We do need to make a sleep sticky. Watch for tolerance BTW.

  25. If you ever have a serious problem combining a benzo based drug with CBT will provide a long term solution to insomnia. The benzo will be tapered after a few months - along with the CBT - but the technique has to last a life time.

  26. Quote Originally Posted by CROWLER View Post
    I would be happy to send you a sample of a brand new sleep aid we will be bringing to market.

    If you would like just send me an email at info [at] AnabolicInnovations.com
    It was formulated by Nathan (UNCNate) who also formulated TestoPRO and HGHpro.
    Good offer. The advantage of this stuff is melatonin isn't used (we had this argument before). The problem with melatonin (and why I'd never touch the stuff) is that it knocks out test levels.

    6mg melatonin is ALOT. Bioman uses more in fact.

    TestoPRO has an excellent reputation BTW.

    I've got a heap of melatonin that I'm never gonna use. I never took to it, never will.

  27. Quote Originally Posted by CROWLER View Post
    I would be happy to send you a sample of a brand new sleep aid we will be bringing to market.

    If you would like just send me an email at info [at] AnabolicInnovations.com
    It was formulated by Nathan (UNCNate) who also formulated TestoPRO and HGHpro.
    One day I'll find out about stuff like this BEFORE you guys
    RcB Since 09-06-2011 20:55 EST, Post 49

  28. Quote Originally Posted by matthias7 View Post
    Good offer. The advantage of this stuff is melatonin isn't used (we had this argument before). The problem with melatonin (and why I'd never touch the stuff) is that it knocks out test levels.

    6mg melatonin is ALOT. Bioman uses more in fact.

    TestoPRO has an excellent reputation BTW.

    I've got a heap of melatonin that I'm never gonna use. I never took to it, never will.
    totally agree, nyone under 40 i believe shouldnt be taking melatonin, it wil **** up your natural levels of it anyway and its a great blood brain barrier protector if i remember superhumanradio right, also heps protect against alzheimers

  29. Instead of supplements, look at what may cause a trigger?

    For example, is he consuming any caffeine or alcohol within 4 hours of bedtime? A coca cola, a glass of wine...even a little bit of these can dramatically alter your body's sleep regulation mechanism.

  30. Quote Originally Posted by stxnas View Post
    One day I'll find out about stuff like this BEFORE you guys
    Crowler did not inform you that you have been blacklisted from future products.
    Ask me for samples of the new RecoverPRO and Maniac. 3Z is coming July 1st Facebook for more info and maybe a great deal on it coming.
    http://twitter.com/#!/TeamAISports
    http://www.facebook.com/AISportsNutrition

  31. i have had sleeping problems since i was a child, it is even worse when i have something important to do early the next day-i will go to bed early planning to get up early, doesn't work. i will just lie in bed trying to sleep until i am wide awake, then i just get up and watch tv or sit at computer until i eventually fall asleep. i am a diagnosed insomniac, and the only things that have helped are prescription klonipin and otc somnidren gh.

  32. Quote Originally Posted by matthias7 View Post
    ShapiroMD wrote:


    That will knock out a horse....


  33. It'd take out a blue whale as well |-)

    BigT ask for a script for Ramelteon, the insurance should cover it (?). Just approved by the much loved FDA. Bit of a break through for serious stuff.

  34. Quote Originally Posted by GregW View Post
    Instead of supplements, look at what may cause a trigger?

    For example, is he consuming any caffeine or alcohol within 4 hours of bedtime? A coca cola, a glass of wine...even a little bit of these can dramatically alter your body's sleep regulation mechanism.
    nope none of that...

    oh and he tried the somnidren last night which was a gracious sample by the people at MST!!!!!!

    but he didnt like it didnt do much for him no clue why but eh well keep trying i guess

  35. "Trigger" is CBT speak.

    Some cases of insomnia can be cured via CBT, but you've got to take it seriously otherwise its pointless. Its all about association and targeted drug usage to build the association between the bedroom and getting to sleep. Insomniacs (I'm not one) associate "the bed" with insomnia, which reinforces the insomnia - its about breaking the cycle.

    somnidren... thats very generous.

  36. Quote Originally Posted by JN230 View Post
    nope none of that...

    oh and he tried the somnidren last night which was a gracious sample by the people at MST!!!!!!

    but he didnt like it didnt do much for him no clue why but eh well keep trying i guess
    wow! i am at a loss.

  37. Quote Originally Posted by matthias7 View Post
    It'd take out a blue whale as well |-)

    BigT ask for a script for Ramelteon, the insurance should cover it (?). Just approved by the much loved FDA. Bit of a break through for serious stuff.
    i don't respond to melatonin, at any dose.

  38. Quote Originally Posted by thebigt View Post
    i don't respond to melatonin, at any dose.
    Your not the only one that and Valerian Root did zero was a big.

    FAIL
    Ask me for samples of the new RecoverPRO and Maniac. 3Z is coming July 1st Facebook for more info and maybe a great deal on it coming.
    http://twitter.com/#!/TeamAISports
    http://www.facebook.com/AISportsNutrition

  39. Quote Originally Posted by pembroke3355 View Post
    Your not the only one that and Valerian Root did zero was a big.

    FAIL
    ramelteon is a melatonin agonist.
  

  
 

Similar Forum Threads

  1. Replies: 12
    Last Post: 12-18-2010, 03:25 PM
  2. Replies: 18
    Last Post: 08-16-2010, 04:17 PM
  3. Replies: 10
    Last Post: 04-09-2009, 12:40 AM
  4. Need opinions on these sleep supps
    By A_I_Sports_Nutrition in forum Supplements
    Replies: 18
    Last Post: 11-29-2007, 10:12 PM
Log in
Log in