Activating androgens?

BoyFromAus

Awards
  • Established
hi guys, I saw this in an Advertisement today. Part of the ad (from email btw) said :

Who else wants to gain muscle this summer? (you're going to want to read this one)

There is a dirty little secret that the mainstream companies don't want you to learn about test boosters that may change your mind about buying supplements. The secret is that they don't actually build muscle! Although many test boosters claim to raise testosterone levels, when you look under the covers at STUDIES THAT THEY PAID FOR, the truth is revealed, none of them seem to build muscle!

"Test Boosters Don't Work?"

No, because boosting androgens is only one aspect of building muscle and without activating those androgens, you are literally pissing your money down the drain. I know, you don't want to step up to the dark side and do anabolic steroids or prohormones and with today's climate of drug testing and witch hunting, I don't blame you!
The part in bold confused me. What does it mean by Activating Androgens?

I can't see how endogenous testosterone (well exogenous for that matter too) would be 'inactive'. Can someone please clarify this as i'd like to know whether there's something i don't know about or if the ad is talking BS..

cheers

MAxximal

MAxximal

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
The influence of testosterone (T) on skeletal muscle protein synthesis is mediated by the androgen receptor (AR). T binding to the AR converts the latter to a transcription factor; the T-AR complex then translocates to the nucleus and associates with DNA to regulate androgen-specific gene expression.1
Animal and clinical studies indicate that the AR signaling pathway is required for appropriate development of skeletal muscles, since it regulates increases in lean muscle mass, muscle strength, and muscle protein synthesis. The physiological importance of AR for muscle protein accretion has been demonstrated, as muscle hypertrophy is attenuated by AR blockade.

BoyFromAus

Awards
  • Established
The influence of testosterone (T) on skeletal muscle protein synthesis is mediated by the androgen receptor (AR). T binding to the AR converts the latter to a transcription factor; the T-AR complex then translocates to the nucleus and associates with DNA to regulate androgen-specific gene expression.1
Animal and clinical studies indicate that the AR signaling pathway is required for appropriate development of skeletal muscles, since it regulates increases in lean muscle mass, muscle strength, and muscle protein synthesis. The physiological importance of AR for muscle protein accretion has been demonstrated, as muscle hypertrophy is attenuated by AR blockade.
u're totally correct.

The ad never mentioned anything about the sensitivity of ARs and the Androgen - AR affinity. It just made it sound like testosterone can have an 'active' state or 'inactive' state and that their supplement puts testosterone in an 'active' state.

sanchezgreg18

sanchezgreg18

Awards
  • Established
isnt this from the natadrol ad?

BoyFromAus

Awards
  • Established
isnt this from the natadrol ad?
Lol yes.

i purposely didn't mention the name as I didn't wana look like i'm having a go at the product or the advertising (and i'm not). I just wanted some clarity on the theory they're referring to when talking about Activating the androgens.

sanchezgreg18

sanchezgreg18

Awards
  • Established
Lol yes.

i purposely didn't mention the name as I didn't wana look like i'm having a go at the product or the advertising (and i'm not). I just wanted some clarity on the theory they're referring to when talking about Activating the androgens.
o, got ya