So Why Hasn't Mother Nature Put Out AntiEstrogenic Plants?

GOTSPEED

Awards
There's a ****load of test boosting herbs but I don't know a single antiestrogen herb. I heard that cordyceps decrease estrogen but is that even a herb? Cmon lets list all the estrogen decreasing herbs.

capnsavem

capnsavem

Awards
  • Established
oh sorry... thought this was another thread.

kingdong

kingdong

Awards
  • Established
Well, there are the cruciferous vegitables that contain compounds that put more estrogen in your urine, but the idea of them being anti-estrogen hasn't been proven. Those arn't really herbs either I think.

CrazyChemist

CrazyChemist

Awards
  • Established
oh sorry... thought this was another thread.
lol.

There needs to be an evolutionary benefit to the species for a trait to survive. The presence of testosterone boosting hormones in plants offer benefits to the plants in that they increase the growth rate of the plant stalk and increase the number of buds. (I can post studies but google this and you'll find info). I can't, however, derive a benefit to the plant which would explain the benefit of an anti-estrogen compound. I bet if you can think of such a stimulus, you can probably use directed evolution to culture plants containing AI-like compounds.

zb126

Awards
  • Established
lol.

There needs to be an evolutionary benefit to the species for a trait to survive. The presence of testosterone boosting hormones in plants offer benefits to the plants in that they increase the growth rate of the plant stalk and increase the number of buds. (I can post studies but google this and you'll find info). I can't, however, derive a benefit to the plant which would explain the benefit of an anti-estrogen compound. I bet if you can think of such a stimulus, you can probably use directed evolution to culture plants containing AI-like compounds.
Yeah, I'm in agreement with you here, one notable plant AI though is 7-methoxyflavone which was discovered in extracts from meliaceae and rutaceae plants.

freefall365

freefall365

Awards
  • Established
:tongue2:
Well, there are the cruciferous vegitables that contain compounds that put more estrogen in your urine, but the idea of them being anti-estrogen hasn't been proven. Those arn't really herbs either I think.
Yes cruciferous veggies like broccoli and cabbage are known to have this effect. How much you'd have to eat to see any noticable effect, I have no clue. I think eating these veggies regularly may have an estrogen balancing effect and be great for maintenance of levels though.

Crazy chemist: any ideas what possible effects estrogen limiting hormones may have on a plant? I'm guessing it's not telling their "boys" to produce more test :silly:

CrazyChemist

CrazyChemist

Awards
  • Established
:tongue2:

Yes cruciferous veggies like broccoli and cabbage are known to have this effect. How much you'd have to eat to see any noticable effect, I have no clue. I think eating these veggies regularly may have an estrogen balancing effect and be great for maintenance of levels though.

Crazy chemist: any ideas what possible effects estrogen limiting hormones may have on a plant? I'm guessing it's not telling their "boys" to produce more test :silly:
Lol - yeah i'm not really a botanist but I am a biochemical engineer. The closest I've come to plants is some device design with photosystem II. I'm not 100% sure which estrogen limiting hormones exist in plants nor whether their roles in the native organism have been studied. I'll browse the journals but I'm not sure what I will be able to find.

kingdong

kingdong

Awards
  • Established
I don't know about plants, but in humans, there really isn't much need for an AI unless you have done a cycle, or are morbidly obese. I'm not even so sure that obese people could actually increase there health by reducing estrogen. Some estrogen is good for health, and the joints. People who have to much were probably doing something a little unheathy to begin with.

iForce

Awards
  • Established
Nature provides all...

The AI found within Reversitol v2 is now considered the strongest natural AI ever discovered.

JN230

JN230

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
same AI in Resveritol v2 as Sustain alpha correct iforce?

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Stoked has both quercetin and trans-resveratrol, which delivers a nice 1-2 combination of herbal anti-E activity.

JN230

JN230

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
a good o=point i hadnt seen the new formula yet

bluehealer

bluehealer

Awards
  • Established
White button mushroom extract is a mild AI. AX uses it in MassFX.