Post your pre and post-workout shakes!

BB Ambitious

Awards
Alright so here's what I'm going with for pre-workout, don't be to harsh I'm still new to this haha. Any recommendations for how many servings of each or other substitutes would be awesome!

Damn I cant link anything, so I had to get rid of the links but here is what they are.

Pre-Workout:
Oats and Whey
Leucine
Maltodextrin Carbo Gain
Creatine Monohydrate

And for Post Workout:

Creatine Monohydrate
Oats and Whey
Dextrose

So what's yours?

manosduras

manosduras

Awards
  • Established
post workout

1 scoop ultimate nutrition %100 whey- mocha cocoa
1 scoop ultimate nutrition protein isolate- chocolate creme

flightposite

flightposite

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
heres mine.

pre
preMax or anadrualic state or rpm depends how i feel.

tnubs

tnubs

Awards
  • Established
pre...BCAA's and GMS.
post...BCAA's

works well

manosduras

manosduras

Awards
  • Established
heres mine.

pre
preMax or anadrualic state or rpm depends how i feel.

had a few sample packs of rpm and they were the bizness. was bustin through my workouts real quick.

seunim

seunim

Awards
  • Established
pre: 2 ready 4 war, 2 scoops jacked, 2 scoops anadraulic pump, 5 g creatine :yikes:

post: dymatize whey isolate + waxy maize + BCAAs + glutamine + leucine

acwingfoot

Awards
pre - BCAA's (XTEND) + bulk ALCAR + Kre-Alkalyn

post - BCAA's (XTEND)
20 - 30 min later - 2 scoops WPI

just started using ALCAR and LOVE IT! great addition esp. for anyone trying to get off stims

Jurassic

Jurassic

Awards
Alright so here's what I'm going with for pre-workout, don't be to harsh I'm still new to this haha. Any recommendations for how many servings of each or other substitutes would be awesome!

Damn I cant link anything, so I had to get rid of the links but here is what they are.

Pre-Workout:
Oats and Whey
Leucine
Maltodextrin Carbo Gain
Creatine Monohydrate

And for Post Workout:

Creatine Monohydrate
Oats and Whey
Dextrose

So what's yours?
2 hours before
Energy bar and milk

45 minutes pre
10-20 ounces chocolate milk with:
GPLC
Caffeine
Vitamin-C

Xtend and gatorade throughout workout

Post-workout:
60grams carbs from fruit juice + 30grams whey protein and 5 grams creatine mono

strester

strester

Awards
  • Established
Pre: Purple Wraath, Creatine Mono
Intra: Xtend
Post: Golden Gains (lifting days) Whey + Banana (evening cardio)

TxHomeGrown

Awards
Looking for a new preworkout right now, so I don't take anything unless you count meal an hour before I go.

Post workout: ~35g ON whey, 80g dextrose

dumbhick3

dumbhick3

Awards
  • Established
Looking for a new preworkout right now, so I don't take anything unless you count meal an hour before I go.

Post workout: ~35g ON whey, 80g dextrose
I'd add 5g CreaPure Creatine mono to your post-workout since you are already putting down 80g of dextrose.

Preworkout:
-Aminojin 5-10g Aminojin iBCAAs
-1-2 servings MAP
-2 servings Con-Cret Creatine HCL

Postworkout:
-1 serving of Protein Factory's Beefcake Shake formula (50% oatmuscle; the rest is protein blends + MCTs)
-1 scoop of CFM WPI (also from PF, but ON makes a nice, "natural" one too)
-5g super plasma protein (PF)
-->All of the above mixed into one nice milkshake:).

flightposite

flightposite

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
I'd add 5g CreaPure Creatine mono to your post-workout since you are already putting down 80g of dextrose.

Preworkout:
-1-2 servings MAP
-2 servings Con-Cret Creatine HCL

Postworkout:
-1 serving of Protein Factory's Beefcake Shake formula (50% oatmuscle; the rest is protein blends + MCTs)
-1 scoop of CFM WPI (also from PF, but ON makes a nice, "natural" one too)
-5g super plasma protein (PF)
-->All of the above mixed into one nice milkshake:).
how do you like the con-cret? dh3 ive looked at it before but wasnt sure if it was any better than plain mono.

funkd0c

funkd0c

Awards
  • Established
Pre- 500mg Yellow Gold, 50g WMS, 2g Beta Alanine, 5g creatine mono, grape juice

Post- 50g WMS, 30g WPI, 2g Beta Alanine, 5g creatine mono

Love it!

dumbhick3

dumbhick3

Awards
  • Established
I like the con-cret creatine HCL a lot. The best way to describe it is like the strength of creatine mono (which is arguably as good as it gets in crea-land) but without the bloat/subcutaneous water retention. It also doesn't have to be taken with a large amount of dextrose or fruit juice in order to exert its maximum effects which is nice. It is my favorite creatine hands down and requires no loading, etc. The effects come on quick. The downside is that it costs a $hitload compared to creatine mono. I've tried the caps and the powder and they work equally well, though the powder is out of this world sour (not even a big scoop of Vitaberry can hide the taste which says a lot). Can't be a girly man though (lol). And I use the Vitaberry to cover up the iBCAAs and all the other crap that I mix in one shake at the same time, so the Vitaberry still serves a purpose. I don't eat my veggies either, so I count the latter as close enough (LOL).

To answer your question before rambling on anymore, I think that con-cret creatine is at least as effective as a similar dose of creatine mono and maybe a bit more effective. I like its convenience personally. Also, some people can't stomach creatine mono without a trip to the toilet too. It never bothered me, but my old workout partner couldn't take it for this reason.

There is -one- study (sponsored by Promera, makes of Con-Cret) that seems to indicate that creatine HCL is a good bit superior to mono on the basis of total plasma uptake (at equivalent doses). Of course, one sponsored study means diddly. On the other hand, the proof is in the product in this case and in my experience.

Honestly, I haven't used PP's CreaPure creatine mono. I've used non-CreaPure Creatine Monohydrate (Higher Power, lol; Nutrex Vitargo), Creatine Phosphate (EAS Phos****en), CEE mixed with other bizarre creatine formulations (name escapes me), etc, and Con-Cret smokes them all.

Vitargo by Nutrex was pretty darn effective; the only problem is, the stuff will only dissolve in lukewarm water and it tastes pretty blah on top of being tepid. I actually called BB.com b/c I couldn't get it to dissolve in cold water and they told me to do this; it worked, but what a pain. (This was years ago; I would never call BB.com nowadays-they probably record their conversations for the FDA). It is supposedly low GI yet capable of shuttling the creatine mono to the muscles anyway (like dextrose), but it still comes up to 70g of carbs per serving which limits its usefulness to me.

I don't doubt that CreaPure is the best creatine mono out there, and almost all the creatine studies are on the mono, etc. If I wanted something cheaper than the Con-Cret stuff, then I would probably just go with the CreaPure. I do like the no-nonsense nature and cheap cost of CreaPure Creatine Mono. If I want to add sugar, then I will add my own sugar. If I want extra, useless ingredients in my creatine, then I can dig some of those up as well. I don't want to pay extra for a proprietary blend of pink coloring, flavoring, dextrose, and non-CreaPure Creatine Mono.

For you mono and CreaPure users out there, does everyone still generally take it with a hefty serving of simple carbs or can CreaPure be mixed with some sugar-free like Vitaberry and still get good effects?

naturalguy

naturalguy

Universal Nutrition
Awards
  • Established
Pre - Animal Pump

Intra - Intra-Aid

Post - Torrent

iForce Dave

iForce Dave

Awards
  • Established
Preworkout Meal (2hrs prewo): 60g Carbs 60g Protein 0g Fats

(1 hr preworkout) 10 caps hemavol

15 mins prewo Maximize V2

Intraworkout: BCAAs Creatine Mono, 70g Vitargo S2

Post Workout: 30g Hydrowhey

Post Meal 30mins Later: 60g Carbs, 60g Protein, 0g Fats

dumbhick3

dumbhick3

Awards
  • Established
Preworkout Meal (2hrs prewo): 60g Carbs 60g Protein 0g Fats

(1 hr preworkout) 10 caps hemavol

15 mins prewo Maximize V2

Intraworkout: BCAAs Creatine Mono, 70g Vitargo S2

Post Workout: 30g Hydrowhey

Post Meal 30mins Later: 60g Carbs, 60g Protein, 0g Fats
You drink Vitargo during your workout? No heavy-in-the-stomach feeling?

Ebaneezor

Ebaneezor

Awards
Pre:

2 Kre-alk capsules
4 NOC capsules
2 scoops Vasocor
1 scoop BCAA's

1 scoop Glutacor
1 scoop whey protein Nu-Tek Pro 5
2 scoops mass fuzion

AK32408

AK32408

IBE/PHF Rep
Awards
  • Established
Pre/Intra Workout - White Flood, Purple InTrain, and Purple Wraath

Post Workout - Chocolate Milk

b0z

b0z

Awards
Pre- CL White Flood
Intra-CL Purple Wrath
Post-XF Ultra Peptide PB&C, CL Green Mag

BB Ambitious

Awards
So can anyone give me kind of basic instruction on what each should contain for and maybe some examples of each.
Pre-
Intra-
Post-

iForce Dave

iForce Dave

Awards
  • Established

Impact25

Awards
Pre- 2 scoops Jacked
Post- 4 Scoops Cytogainer....yum

funkd0c

funkd0c

Awards
  • Established
This thread already does that
I think he is asking what actual ingredients should make up the shakes. Most ppl posting on the thread are using corporate named products (I.e. Purple intrain, white flood, vitargo, etc.) which doesn't lend itself to what is actually in the products.

Correct me if I'm wrong

BB Ambitious

Awards
I think he is asking what actual ingredients should make up the shakes. Most ppl posting on the thread are using corporate named products (I.e. Purple intrain, white flood, vitargo, etc.) which doesn't lend itself to what is actually in the products.

Correct me if I'm wrong
You are correct

funkd0c

funkd0c

Awards
  • Established
So can anyone give me kind of basic instruction on what each should contain for and maybe some examples of each.
Pre-
Intra-
Post-
Each one depends on what you like, want, and believe in.
For instance, most preWO supps have creatine, arginine, beta alanine, caffiene, and maybe a little bit of carbs or geranium extract for added focus or energy. Second, intra-WO shakes I never do. So I can't help you there. I don't believe in lifting for more then 45 min to an hour.
Third, postWO are usually comprised of fast digesing carbs, protein and/or BCAA's, beta alanine, and maybe some glutamine.

What I posted earlier is what I like now. But here are some pre and post workout blends that I have loved.

Pre- 60mg geranium extract(1,3-dimethylamine), 5g creatine monohydrate, 2g beta alanine, 5g glutamine, 4g arginine AKG, and one large cup of coffee

post- 60g waxy maize starch, 15g BCAA's, 5g creatine, 2g beta alanine, 5g glutamine, stirred into 8-12 oz of grape juice

I take the pre workout supplements 30 minutes before working out and the post workout supplements immediately after. The 45 min later I have a whole food meal. I constantly change up some ingredients based on what I can afford, but I always have and stand by: creatine mono, coffee, beta alanine, waxy maize starch, grape juice. Like when I don't have money for BCAA's I just replace it with whey protein isolate. It's a cheaper alternative and still effective.

AK32408

AK32408

IBE/PHF Rep
Awards
  • Established
You are correct

Here's the breakdown of what the supplements usually contain..

pre - a nitric oxide supplement with creatine

intra - a mix of beta alanine, bcaa's and eaa's

post - fast acting carbs and protein

BB Ambitious

Awards
Here's the breakdown of what the supplements usually contain..

pre - a nitric oxide supplement with creatine

intra - a mix of beta alanine, bcaa's and eaa's

post - fast acting carbs and protein
Alright well thanks, I'll do some testing and see what I like, thanks people.

Piledahlaren

Piledahlaren

Awards
  • Established
can you actually see the difference from using fast carbs instead of slower like powdered oats after training? been using fast carbs with whey my first 3 years of training but now only powdered oats with whey. I cant see or feel a difference.. should I ? anyway here is my pre intra and post drink

1 hour pre training = chicken and broccoli or a small whey & oats shake

intra 10g bcaa, 3g citrulline, 2g beta-alanine mix

post 40g whey/egg/casein + 50g oats shake