Alpha-T2 + OxyElite Pro

  1. New Member
    AClockwrkOrng's Avatar
    Stats
    5'9"  165 lbs.
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    16
    Rep Power
    68
    Level
    3
    Lv. Percent
    98%

    Alpha-T2 + OxyElite Pro


    I am currently taking Jack3d and I was wondering if adding adding this stack plus Dermatherm Target would be safe. I am trying to target the unwanted fat around my abs and my "love handles"?

  2. Advanced Member
    russy_russ's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    907
    Rep Power
    644
    Level
    23
    Lv. Percent
    57.85%

    You cannot spot reduce fat.
  3. Advanced Member
    russy_russ's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    907
    Rep Power
    644
    Level
    23
    Lv. Percent
    57.85%

    Building muscle (myohypertrophy) has very little to do with oxidative capabilities, in general (yes, muscle is directly related to metabolic activity typically of carbohydrates and protein, which is why I said in general). Triglycerides must be broken down from adipose tissue-lipolysis, then enters plasma and is continued to b-oxidation and eventually is converted to acetyl-coa and enters the TCA cycle in active skeletal muscles, not surrounding muscle (for simplicity). To increase lipid metabolism, one would need to increase capillary beds and mitochondria (where lipid oxidation occurs) leading to and within a muscle cell.
    •   
       

  4. PESCIENCE.com
    nattydisaster's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  0 lbs.
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    10,378
    Rep Power
    3916500
    Level
    85
    Lv. Percent
    46.32%
    Achievements Activity AuthorityActivity ProActivity VeteranPosting ProPosting Authority

    Quote Originally Posted by AClockwrkOrng View Post
    I am currently taking Jack3d and I was wondering if adding adding this stack plus Dermatherm Target would be safe. I am trying to target the unwanted fat around my abs and my "love handles"?
    Yes, it would be beneficial.

    You can reduce fat in those areas since ALPHA-T2 targets A2-receptors, which burn fat in the stomach/love handle region.

    Great stack!
    Amino-IV - Not Your Average Amino
    SELECT Protein
    - Ultra-Premium Blend
    ALPHAMINE - Thermogenics...Redefined
  5. Advanced Member
    russy_russ's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    907
    Rep Power
    644
    Level
    23
    Lv. Percent
    57.85%

    Quote Originally Posted by nattydisaster View Post
    Yes, it would be beneficial.

    You can reduce fat in those areas since ALPHA-T2 targets A2-receptors, which burn fat in the stomach/love handle region.

    Great stack!
    You have no idea what you're talking about with respect to this topic. It's completely incorrect. Above is a simple explanation as to why you cannot spot reduce and no supplement will alter your biochemical processes to that extent.
  6. New Member
    acwingfoot's Avatar
    Stats
    6'2"  210 lbs.
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    171
    Rep Power
    148
    Level
    11
    Lv. Percent
    96.92%

    russy russ -

    what about cortisol blockers, i.e. Lean Xtreme, Reduce XT - that have studied to be shown to reduce VAT and fat directly related to the abdominal area?

    im not saying your wrong, but just rather an explanation to the above based on your stated opinion
  7. New Member
    AClockwrkOrng's Avatar
    Stats
    5'9"  165 lbs.
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    16
    Rep Power
    68
    Level
    3
    Lv. Percent
    98%

    Quote Originally Posted by russy_russ View Post
    Building muscle (myohypertrophy) has very little to do with oxidative capabilities, in general (yes, muscle is directly related to metabolic activity typically of carbohydrates and protein, which is why I said in general). Triglycerides must be broken down from adipose tissue-lipolysis, then enters plasma and is continued to b-oxidation and eventually is converted to acetyl-coa and enters the TCA cycle in active skeletal muscles, not surrounding muscle (for simplicity). To increase lipid metabolism, one would need to increase capillary beds and mitochondria (where lipid oxidation occurs) leading to and within a muscle cell.
    So what would you suggest would be helpful, on top of my normal cardio and ab workout.
  8. Advanced Member
    russy_russ's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    907
    Rep Power
    644
    Level
    23
    Lv. Percent
    57.85%

    Quote Originally Posted by acwingfoot View Post
    russy russ -

    what about cortisol blockers, i.e. Lean Xtreme, Reduce XT - that have studied to be shown to reduce VAT and fat directly related to the abdominal area?

    im not saying your wrong, but just rather an explanation to the above based on your stated opinion
    First you have to take into consideration the basis of the study (e.g is it something that can be tested to produce similar results each time), in what way will the test be administered and by whom (qualified scientist?), what are the confounding issues to the test which may skew the results, is there a way to reduce the confounding issues and were they completely eliminated?, was the research study peer reviewed?, are there other similar studies and how many?

    There are many studies, you have to decipher which are more valid and credible than others.
  9. Advanced Member
    russy_russ's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    907
    Rep Power
    644
    Level
    23
    Lv. Percent
    57.85%

    Quote Originally Posted by AClockwrkOrng View Post
    So what would you suggest would be helpful, on top of my normal cardio and ab workout.
    A diet that is conducive to fat loss (not necessarily fat oxidation) (e.g no restriction of carbohydrates, less than 30% fats) I'm not going to get into a debate with everyone on why for the millionth time. Take it or leave it (not directed to any particular individual, just in general)
  10. PESCIENCE.com
    nattydisaster's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  0 lbs.
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    10,378
    Rep Power
    3916500
    Level
    85
    Lv. Percent
    46.32%
    Achievements Activity AuthorityActivity ProActivity VeteranPosting ProPosting Authority

    Sometimes things can be over analyzed as well...

    Fact: High amounts of A2-receptors exist in neck, stomach, lower back, love handles, chest.
    Fact: Active A2-receptors inhibit lipolysis in said areas
    Fact: Ingredients in ALPHA-T2 inactivate A2-receptors
    Fact: Inactivation of A2-receptors allows more lipolysis to occur in said areas
    Amino-IV - Not Your Average Amino
    SELECT Protein
    - Ultra-Premium Blend
    ALPHAMINE - Thermogenics...Redefined
  11. PESCIENCE.com
    nattydisaster's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  0 lbs.
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    10,378
    Rep Power
    3916500
    Level
    85
    Lv. Percent
    46.32%
    Achievements Activity AuthorityActivity ProActivity VeteranPosting ProPosting Authority

    Quote Originally Posted by russy_russ View Post
    First you have to take into consideration the basis of the study (e.g is it something that can be tested to produce similar results each time), in what way will the test be administered and by whom (qualified scientist?), what are the confounding issues to the test which may skew the results, is there a way to reduce the confounding issues and were they completely eliminated?, was the research study peer reviewed?, are there other similar studies and how many?

    There are many studies, you have to decipher which are more valid and credible than others.
    This could be said for 98% of supplements...almost a "guilty until proven innocent" outlook. Not saying it's a bad outlook though

    Quote Originally Posted by russy_russ View Post
    A diet that is conducive to fat loss (not necessarily fat oxidation) (e.g no restriction of carbohydrates, less than 30% fats) I'm not going to get into a debate with everyone on why for the millionth time. Take it or leave it (not directed to any particular individual, just in general)
    I agree with this. I have lost fat both from cutting out fat significantly, as well as proper carb cycling.
    Amino-IV - Not Your Average Amino
    SELECT Protein
    - Ultra-Premium Blend
    ALPHAMINE - Thermogenics...Redefined
  

  
 

Similar Forum Threads

  1. Liquid clen/alpha t-2/oxyelite pro stack
    By ih8uselessppl in forum Weight Loss
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 06-16-2011, 03:09 PM
  2. SAVE on Alpha-T2, OxyElite Pro and ERASE Stack!
    By nattydisaster in forum Nutraplanet
    Replies: 70
    Last Post: 06-12-2011, 09:28 PM
  3. Replies: 25
    Last Post: 05-31-2011, 06:19 PM
  4. SAVE $25 on Alpha-T2, OxyElite Pro, and Erase Stack!
    By nattydisaster in forum Company Promotions
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 12-16-2010, 03:33 PM
  5. Getting into shape for summer with Alpha-T2 & OxyELITE Pro
    By Mindless in forum Supplement Logs
    Replies: 92
    Last Post: 07-20-2010, 11:59 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Log in
Log in