Natadrol May have anti-cancer properties and reduce liver damage

zb126

Awards
  • Established
Some really interesting info I found was that TC (the androgenic component of Natadrol) actually has been suggested to have anti-cancer activity and reduce liver damage. Thought I'd share the info over here in case anyone else is interested, too!

Tinospora cordifolia induces enzymes of carcinogen/drug metabolism and antioxidant system, and inhibits lipid peroxidation in mice
Phytomedicine, Volume 13, Issue 1, Pages 74-84
R. Singh, S. Banerjee, P. Kumar, K. Raveesha, A. Rao

The present study is an effort to identify a potent chemopreventive agent against various diseases (including cancer) in which oxidative stress plays an important causative role. Here, we investigated the effect of a hydroalcoholic (80% ethanol: 20% distilled water) extract of aerial roots of Tinospora cordifolia (50 and 100mg/kg body wt./day for 2 weeks) on carcinogen/drug metabolizing phase-I and phase-II enzymes, antioxidant enzymes, glutathione (GSH) content, lactate dehydrogenase and lipid peroxidation in liver of 8-week-old Swiss albino mice. The modulatory effect of the extract was also examined on extrahepatic organs, i.e., lung, kidney and forestomach, for the activities of GSH S-transferase (GST), DT-diaphorase (DTD), superoxide dismutase (SOD) and catalase. Significant increases in the levels of acid-soluble sulfhydryl (–SH) and cytochrome P450 contents, and enzyme activities of cytochrome P450 reductase, cytochrome b5 reductase, GST, DTD, SOD, catalase, GSH peroxidase (GPX) and GSH reductase (GR) were observed in the liver. Both treated groups showed decreased malondialdehyde (MDA) formation. In lung SOD, catalase and GST; in kidney SOD and catalase; and in forestomach SOD, DTD and GST showed significant increase at both dose levels of treatment. BHA (0.75%, w/w in diet), a pure antioxidant compound, was used as a positive control. This group showed increase in hepatic levels of GSH content, cytochrome b5, DTD, GST, GR and catalase, whereas MDA formation was inhibited significantly. In the BHA-treated group, the lung and kidney showed increased levels of catalase, DTD and GST, whereas SOD was significantly increased in the kidney and forestomach; the latter also showed an increase in the activities of DTD and GST. The enhanced GSH level and enzyme activities involved in xenobiotic metabolism and maintaining antioxidant status of cells are suggestive of a chemopreventive efficacy of T. cordifolia against chemotoxicity, including carcinogenicity, which warrants further investigation of active principle (s) present in the extract responsible for the observed effects employing various carcinogenesis models.

Modulation of Kupffer cell activity by Tinospora cordifolia in liver damage.
DS Nagarkatti, NN Rege, NK Desai, SA Dahanukar
Dept of Pharmocology, Seth GS Medical College, Parel, Bombay.,[/QUOTE]

Kupffer cells are major determinants of outcome of liver injury. Their activity was therefore studied in a model of chronic liver disease. The effect of Tinospora cordifolia, an indigenous agent with proven hepatoprotective activity, was evaluated on Kupffer cell function, using carbon clearance test as a parameter. Rats were divided into two major groups. In Gp I which served as normal control t1/2 of carbon was 9.48 +/- 4.14 min. GpII received horse-serum in a dose of 0.5 ml/100 gm b.w. i.p. for a period of 12 weeks and was divided into three sub-groups. In Gp IIA at the end of 12 weeks half-life of carbon was found to be significantly increased to 19.86 +/- 7.95 min (p < 0.01). Indicating suppressed Kupffer cell function in chronic liver damage. In Gp IIB treated with vehicle for 4 more weeks there was significant prolongation of half-life to 38.32 +/- 10.61 min (p < 0.01), indicating perpetuation of damage in absence of damaging agent. Whereas in Gp IIc, treated with Tinospora cordifolia t 1/2 was decreased to 14.24 7.74 min (p < .01), as compared to vehicle control indicating a significant improvement in Kupffer cell function and a trend towards normalization.

zb126

Awards
  • Established
nice! multipurpose supplement!
Yeah, its pretty cool that these plant extracts can have such beneficial effects on general health as well as help us get closer to our BB goals :D

Jurassic

Jurassic

Awards
I don't really understand how natadrol works.

ekdevil

Awards
but we dont even know how much tinospora cordifilia is in each tablet of Natadrol.anyone got an idea?

eatingisfun

eatingisfun

Awards
  • Established
The anti cancer dose is huge... 50-100mg/kg body weight = most people would need to take 4-10 grams per day.

donbx

Awards
So can i run it with hdrol, If not im throwing this **** away

Liftergym33

Liftergym33

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
This is exactly why I think it would stack well with a prohormone.
true, but with how ND is treating folks I dont see a need to mess with any PH's..but i do agree with you

donbx

Awards
true, but with how ND is treating folks I dont see a need to mess with any PH's..but i do agree with you
I was thinking of stacking it more towards 10-12 on a 50/75/75/75/75/75 Hdrol cycle

Resolve

Resolve

The BPS Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established

BoyFromAus

Awards
  • Established
yea i'd like to know how Natadrol works too in terms of anabolism.

Really what i'd wana know is, What's the anabolic : androgenic ratio of tinospora.

Space Viking

Awards
Inhibition of lipid oxidation would definitely not be a desirable trait to have in a supplement.

BoyFromAus

Awards
  • Established
Pretty sure T. cordifolia is primarily androgenic. The anabolic portion of ND is claimed to be the Orchioides, as I recall.
Ahhh k, that's interesting. I don't see the point of a substance which is androgenic but not anabolic.. other than aggression, what positive effect could it give?

zb126

Awards
  • Established
Exploring the universe of Ayurvedic botanicals to manage bacterial infections
Clinical Nutrition Insights 6,17, 1-3. 1998
Treadway, Scott

... The Indian plants possessing significant anti-microbial activity are Indian lilac or neem (Azadirachta indica), long pepper fruit (Piper longum), heart-leaved moonseed stem (Tinospora cordifolia) and amla fruit (Emblica officinalis), among others.
Sweet! :thumbsup: