making my own formestane...quick question!!!

hammerhead69

Awards
so im ordering some bulk Formestane powder (5g) and some Penetrate (8oz) and im going to make a homebrew transdermal :) only question is,i have read the article on here about making transdermal form and also another how-to article (different site). the FAQ on here reccomends mixing the form and penetrate with some DMSO (whatever that is?) or some type of alcohol...while other FAQ's i have seen reccomend just mixing up JUST the penetrate and form.

which would be the better method??

SonicSWOLE

SonicSWOLE

Awards
  • Established
so im ordering some bulk Formestane powder (5g) and some Penetrate (8oz) and im going to make a homebrew transdermal :) only question is,i have read the article on here about making transdermal form and also another how-to article (different site). the FAQ on here reccomends mixing the form and penetrate with some DMSO (whatever that is?) or some type of alcohol...while other FAQ's i have seen reccomend just mixing up JUST the penetrate and form.

which would be the better method??
Research, research, research....you'll find your answers.

Use the "Search Forums" application. ;)

hammerhead69

Awards
Research, research, research....you'll find your answers.

Show Threads Show Posts
well i have been googling the hell out of it and scrounging around on here.

heres the "how-to" from Penetrate, they say simply mix the two together and carefully heat and your good to go

according to a forum post on here...

Alternate Mixing Method For Bulk Form & Penetrate - Paraphrased from Redwolf

Take a glass beaker and add 4ml of Benzyl Alcohol to it.

Add 5g Formestane to glass beaker containing BA (Benzyl Alcohol) or DMSO (Can be found at your local Cattle / Farmer Supply Store for about $8 bottle)

Add 6ml Penetrate and mix ( if closed container "shake like hell" )

Add half bottle penetrate ( 4oz ? )

Voila! No grit at all

SonicSWOLE

SonicSWOLE

Awards
  • Established
Good digging! You can also look for a thread by Neoborn. The only thing about these methoids is that I beleive they may be from a different formula of Penetrate. I think(I am not sure) that it used to be similar to the e-form in which it weas an alcohol based spray as opposed to a lotion which it currently is. I have made it just using the directions on Primordial Performances website for the Topical Solution (same thing) and it came out fine. The only recommendation I have is that you break down the formestane in a mortar with pestle before hand. It'll make it much easier to get into the solution.

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Good digging! You can also look for a thread by Neoborn. The only thing about these methoids is that I beleive they may be from a different formula of Penetrate. I think(I am not sure) that it used to be similar to the e-form in which it weas an alcohol based spray as opposed to a lotion which it currently is. I have made it just using the directions on Primordial Performances website for the Topical Solution (same thing) and it came out fine. The only recommendation I have is that you break down the formestane in a mortar with pestle before hand. It'll make it much easier to get into the solution.
pp sold just the carrier and many told me it was great for formestane-but that is great advice about the mortar and pestle. i think directions would be the same for the new penetrate as the old- but a pm to dsade would probably be a good idea.

hammerhead69

Awards
pp sold just the carrier and many told me it was great for formestane-but that is great advice about the mortar and pestle. i think directions would be the same for the new penetrate as the old- but a pm to dsade would probably be a good idea.
thanks man. i just got in the form powder (5g) and the bottle of penetrate today. should i heat up the penetrate boil or microwave or just stir in the form while the penetrate is at room temp???

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
thanks man. i just got in the form powder (5g) and the bottle of penetrate today. should i heat up the penetrate boil or microwave or just stir in the form while the penetrate is at room temp???
fill a pan about 2inches from top full of water and bring to a boil. turn off heat and put a jar or bottle [remove penetrate from plastic bottle] with the penetrate in the pan of water. slowly add the form. when it cools a little shake like hell-if it doesn't go into solution put it back on the heat until almost reaching a boil and shake again.

hammerhead69

Awards
fill a pan about 2inches from top full of water and bring to a boil. turn off heat and put a jar or bottle [remove penetrate from plastic bottle] with the penetrate in the pan of water. slowly add the form. when it cools a little shake like hell-if it doesn't go into solution put it back on the heat until almost reaching a boil and shake again.
awesome!! thanks again bro

matthias7

matthias7

Awards
  • Established
No need to search ...

1. 5g formestane = half a bottle Penetrate
2. Dissolve formestane in skin friendly organic solvent (benzyl alcohol is recommended)*
3. Heat the Penetrate in a bowl of boiling water
4. Add the Penetrate to the dissolve formestane for good mixing or the dissolved formestane into the bottle of Penetrate for convenience
5. Make sure everything is thoroughly mixed

Done.

* I haven't used benzyl alcohol as my solvent

If any of this is disputed, post here and lets all learn some new tricks.