Sheeshbars Needs YOU

Sheesh

Awards
  • Established
Hey Guys,
As some of you may know, I've been working on a few low-carb follow-ups to the Original Sheeshbars. Well, I have some good news. I have the recipes for 4 different flavors finalized. I'm very happy with the end-product I've produced, but I need to tell you guys of a few changes that will arrive with this new bars.

Some of you have been complaining that sheeshbars orders take a little too long to ship-out. That's because I actually make the bars after I receive your order, rather than make a bunch of them and then ship them out. However, on some days, being a full-time student I just don't have the time to go through the lengthy production process.

Well, things are about to change. I have been negotiating a contract with one of the premiere FDA-approved contract protein bar manufacturers. These guys are truly top-notch in what they do. The bars that you will now end up getting will be packaged very similarly to "real" protein bars, in nice wrappers and boxes, etc. The bars themselves will be made with the utmost scrutiny, as meeting label claims is my priority with these bars. Once they are made, I will be shopping them around to various retailers, so hopefully those of you who like them will be able to get them at rapid speed from these retailers, or even from me, as shipping them won't take me too long. Also, shelf-life of the bars will probably in the ballpark of 2 years.

However, I do have a few questions for you guys before I truly finalize the recipe and give these guys the go-ahead from production. I'd appreciate it if you could answer any or even all of them for me.

1) Is a good-tasting, wholesome low-carb protein bar something you're interested in?

2) How often would you consume such a bar (above)?

3) What do you think is a fair price for a box of 12 protein bars, based on what other companies have out? Note that these bars will contain only the finest whey protein and milk protein isolates.

4) Is there anything you specifically look for in a protein bar?

5) What is the minimum amount of protein that you want in one of these bars?

6) How important is packaging when you go to choose a protein bar?

7) What flavors of low-carb protein bars would you like to see?

8) If you have anything else to add in terms of what you'd like to see in a protein bar, please answer it under #8.

Thanks alot guys! I really appreciate you guys taking the time to answer these questions. :D

- Rishesh

Sticks

Get big or die trying
Awards
  • Established
Personally the only way i'm going to purchase protein bars is if the price is around $1 a bar. If it's any higher than this i would rather just stick w/ real food. Also if i were to use protein bars it would be preworkout, and would probably also be interested in a bar with a good amount of slow burning carbs. As far as grams of protein anything under 40 would be to low. Taste wise anything w/ chocolate, and peanut butter is great. This is probably asking a lot from you, but i'm just being honest. If i can't afford it I'm obviously not going to buy it. Good luck with everything.

bioman

bioman

Awards
  • Established
1.Since I get stuck working out of town and often out in the woods bar MRP are of interest to me. Protein shakes while camping is a bit of a nuisance.

2. I might consume the bars for a week at a time once or twice a month

3. IF amount of protein is around 40 grams per bar I'd pay 2-3$ a pop. I'm prepared to pay for convienience since I'd only use these for camping.

4. The bar has to be palatable. Can't force down the whey concentrate/soy bars..blah. The bar should be free of crap like soy, gluten, simple sugars et cetera. It should be clean in and of itself.

5. Answer is biased as to my own protein requirments. I'd like to see at least 35-40 grams per bar..which is tough to accomplish I know.

6. packaging is irrelevant to me however something environmentally friendly would be cool. Use of recycled paper/chipboard would be a plus.

7. Flavors--you must be a glutton for punishment to ask this, lol. I favor fruit flavors over candy-chocolate flavors. Examples of this are CLIF Bar's apricot and apple-cranberry crunch. I realize that for low carbs bars that this would likely be un-doable.

sawastea

Awards
What suggestions are you planning to implement, if any?

I.N.O.N.

Awards
1) Is a good-tasting, wholesome low-carb protein bar something you're interested in?
Yes....And very interested carrying in my store
1 Each Day
3) What do you think is a fair price for a box of 12 protein bars, based on what other companies have out? Note that these bars will contain only the finest whey protein and milk protein isolates.
I think that $ 13.99 sounds right. Nothing over $15 for 12 bars.
Good Taste, Proper amount of ingredients Listed on Label, Clean
15 to 25 grams of Protein per Bar :)
Nicely packaged, able to sell well!!!
Chocolate Peanut Butter

supersoldier

supersoldier

She thinks my traps'rrrr sexy!
Awards
  • Established
How 'bout an oatmeal based high carb, lowfat, high protein (30g+) bar that tastes delicious? Put me down for a few boxes :D

bioman

bioman

Awards
  • Established
How 'bout an oatmeal based high carb, lowfat, high protein (30g+) bar that tastes delicious? Put me down for a few boxes :D

Ditto.

You could have Sheesh low carb and Sheesh EXTREME! Bulking Bars.

sawastea

Awards
School should be coming to an end soon. Time to start MASS-PRODUCING these puppies

Sheesh

Awards
  • Established
Last I knew the low carb bars were just about ready.
Still working out a few things with the manufacturer. I'll keep you guys posted.

As for the low-fat, high protein bar, that could be another field for me to navigate once I finish this project.

toastynoodles

Board Supporter
Awards
whats new witth the low carbs bars?????

morfiend

Awards
  • Established

Yes, if it's low-carb I like my bars to have some kind of good fat in it though.

2-3 times a week maybe.

$10-15 depending on how big they are. The prices some protein bar makers charge are outrageous.

NO SOY!!, taste..

20 grams. really depends on how big they are.. smaller bars are nice because you can eat 2 if you want more food.

scale of 1-10.. about a 4. I dont care what it looks like, as long as it's sealed.

i agree w/ above poster about the fruit flavors. blueberry, strawberry, something crunchy.

8) If you have anything else to add in terms of what you'd like to see in a protein bar, please answer it under #8.

a bar like the Odyssey bar by premier protein would be awesome. coconut almond w/ 30g of protein... tastes awesome. i only buy one once in awhile because theyre so fucking expensive.. if you made them cheap enough i'd buy and eat them all the time.

LCSULLA

Awards
  • Established
Yeah I def. would buy some. My priorities are:
1. Taste, If it could taste like a U-turn while not having the crap, you would make a mint.
2. High protein- 30-40 grams
3. Low carbs-12-18grams
4. ANd some good fat.
Thats what i am looking for. And I would pay 1-2 bucks a bar.