lowest/highest dosage of creatine possible for beneficial reasons

R1balla

R1balla

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
what is the lowest amount of creatine mono that one can take that can still be affective? also, i take iso mass protein that has creatine in it and i also take 5g of creatine mono by itself Post workout. i know 5g is about normal, but is this too much that im taking?

monstermash

monstermash

Awards
  • Established
5g plus what's in your shake is plenty IMO.

10 g in split in two doses in the norm for mono.

SamuraiSid

Awards
As creatine mono is a very safe supp and very cheap, Id assume the suggested 5g serving is effective, and I would suggest no less than 5g per day to ensure adaqueate phosphocreatine levels.

As for the high end of the spectrum... Creatine monohydrate is very safe, and the worst thing your going to do to yourself is two-fold:

1) waste money

2) your ass will explode all over the inside of your pants.

but your nowhere near that level yet.

R1balla

R1balla

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
As creatine mono is a very safe supp and very cheap, Id assume the suggested 5g serving is effective, and I would suggest no less than 5g per day to ensure adaqueate phosphocreatine levels.

As for the high end of the spectrum... Creatine monohydrate is very safe, and the worst thing your going to do to yourself is two-fold:

1) waste money

2) your ass will explode all over the inside of your pants.

but your nowhere near that level yet.

thanks for the dosage advice. i will follow it. as far as safeness goes, i wouldnt go as far as completely safe. my buddy has had 2 kidney stones from it and my uncle has had blood in his urine from creatine. not a trace of blood (where u cant see with the naked eye) but like red blood in his urine

R1balla

R1balla

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
any muscle gain, and not water weight gain, expected from mono? ive always used CEE and this is my first run on mono.

monstermash

monstermash

Awards
  • Established
any muscle gain, and not water weight gain, expected from mono? ive always used CEE and this is my first run on mono.
mono is good for mass gain in my experience, while CEE has been good for an endurance boost. Keep in mind everyone is different.

Also as far as it being safe...meh. I wouldn't call it that. The one study done in south africa with rugby players showed a huge increase of DHT with the 20g loading phase and DHT remained high throughout use.
(not sure which thread had the link).

DHT is bad for the prostate and if creatine raises DHT long term use would not be safe.

jumpshot903

jumpshot903

Awards
  • Established
I use Green Magnitude and ive used just 1 scoop which is 5 grams pre workout and have gotten good results i tried two scoops a day and didnt see a difference.

R1balla

R1balla

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
sorry for controlled labs reps or owners...but i hate green mag. i have tried it two times and didnt notice a darn thing, not weight, not strength not anything. this also happened to me with Neovar. didnt notice anything. i like (so far) my iso mass which has alot of different types of creatine in it, then my creatine mono post workout. i take that back about green mag...i tried it post workout rather than pre the 2nd time and gained one pound in 5 weeks lol