Pre/Post-Workout Suggestions?

BigBeazy

BigBeazy

Awards
  • Established
Hey guys, I need some suggestions for a new pre and post workout supplement. I currently take Jacked for a pre workout with arginine and citrulline throught the day, and for a post workout i have glycomaize and protein.

Ive tried nearly all availible pre workouts availible at my local Vitamin Shoppe, and the only other post workout i ever used is Dark Matter which really didnt do very much for me but it did taste great.

RCL86

RCL86

Awards
  • Established
whats wrong with your current supps? jack3d is a pretty solid pre wo, i like it a lot. i just ordered some muscle marinade, gonna give it a shot also

BigBeazy

BigBeazy

Awards
  • Established
I love Jack3d but i haven't switched off it for more than a few weeks for about a year now, since it came out last spring. I like to try different pre-workouts and I just wanted to know if there are any other worthy ones out there. Also, Its very convient to just mix a powder with water such as Dark Matter after a workout because due to my schedule i can't bring protein with me, milk goes bad, and protein with water, forget about it.

RCL86

RCL86

Awards
  • Established
Yeah, well if you like jack3d id try muscle marinade. Im more into the focus pre wo's vs cocaine effect and muscle marinade sounds like it is a really solid pre. ON makes a post workout called AfterMax that ive used and had good results with, maybe worth checkin into

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Don't forget to supplement with BCAAs pre/during training to kickstart protein synthesis.

BigBeazy

BigBeazy

Awards
  • Established
AfterMax Is the same thing as my Glyco/Protein blend, just done for me right? And i still would have to bring milk and crap not like a powdered Post. I got the WalMart brand of Bcaa's and does it really make a difference even though i get tons in my protein shakes? And i keep hearing about this Muscle Marinade, has anyone tried it yet?

sanchezgreg18

sanchezgreg18

Awards
  • Established
walmart sells bcaas? im guessing they are pills and ud pretty much have to take a half or whole bottle to equal the same amount u can get in a few scoops of recoverpro or Xtend. and about muscle marinade theres logs here and on other forums

BigBeazy

BigBeazy

Awards
  • Established
Well Body Fortress and Six Star Muscle are both brands that sell to walmart, Fortress i believe sells excusivley to Walmart, Ive seen Six Star In Vit Shop before. I got the Body Fortress one awhile ago, I just dont see the big deal in it. Seems like another useless thing i have to buy. If i dont get bigger, stronger, or more ripped from it, whats the point?

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Well Body Fortress and Six Star Muscle are both brands that sell to walmart, Fortress i believe sells excusivley to Walmart, Ive seen Six Star In Vit Shop before. I got the Body Fortress one awhile ago, I just dont see the big deal in it. Seems like another useless thing i have to buy. If i dont get bigger, stronger, or more ripped from it, whats the point?
When dosed properly, yes. Also, there is a huge difference between peptide-bound amino acids and free-form amino acids. I swear I've said that at least 100 times now. If you're really skeptical, look up the effects of Leucine on protein synthesis.

BigBeazy

BigBeazy

Awards
  • Established
If there really is a guarantee this works, ill buy it. But this still doesn't solve my dilema of a post workout drink.

BigBeazy

BigBeazy

Awards
  • Established
I know its the most important Bcaa, everytime i search for protein i was told thats the most important one to look for and to make sure there are high ammounts of it. But things like Anabolic Halo(This blows, never use it), Dark matter, stuff like that i can just add some water and ride out would be best for me. I bought the Dark Matter and didn't see any real results, but i might try it again. I just don't want to blow 50$ on some more garbage.

tnubs

tnubs

Awards
  • Established
When dosed properly, yes. Also, there is a huge difference between peptide-bound amino acids and free-form amino acids. I swear I've said that at least 100 times now. If you're really skeptical, look up the effects of Leucine on protein synthesis.
just curious what the difference btwn 10g BCAA's and 40g whey protein would be as each has about 5g leucine. i take a ton of BCAAs now with good results but ive been wondering what the difference would be if i switched to using a bunch of whey when i would usually dose BCAAs as it would be about the same price for the same amt of leucine

and OP, you wont see results with anything unless your diet is in check. make sure you are getting your bodyweight in grams of protein per day and have a solid routine (no overtraining and keeping it balanced). diet really is what its all about, sadly, it took me a few yrs to realize that