- 03-17-2010, 08:47 PM
Looking into taking a hyaluronic acid product for basic joint health and my to help with my herniated disc. Besides basic pills, been looking into a product called Hylarub( a lotion with hyaluronic acid) and Hylasoak (a hyaluronic acid bath salt). Anyone familiar with these products or hyaluronic acid?
- 03-17-2010, 09:49 PM
I use hyaluronic acid from Now Foods and if I am trying to heal an injury I take 4 caps
a day 2 in th a.m. with breakfast and 2 in the p.m. with dinner and that works pretty
well. When you take 4 caps a day that gives you 200mg of hyaluronic acid a day.
When you get over your injury than you can take 2 caps a day just to help your joints
and tendons stay healthy.
- 03-17-2010, 10:20 PMBoard Sponsor
- 6'0" 190 lbs.
- Join Date
- Oct 2004
- Rep Power
Orange triad contains a nice dose of the stuff.
03-22-2010, 08:42 PM
You want to see where the hyaloronic acid is derived from. Stay away from the Sodium Hyalaurate and go for the rooster-comb derived stuff (which is more expensive - isn't it always that way?). Seriously, if you're looking for the stuff in bulk, you may try horse supply online stores for the cheapest price. HA is big in the equine world
Similar Forum Threads
- By MAxximal in forum SupplementsReplies: 0Last Post: 08-04-2010, 11:45 AM
- By Beige in forum SupplementsReplies: 4Last Post: 03-06-2007, 12:56 PM
- By william3162 in forum SupplementsReplies: 3Last Post: 08-31-2006, 10:41 PM
- By rrgg in forum SupplementsReplies: 7Last Post: 09-21-2005, 02:24 PM