amino acid overdose

JohnnieFreeze

JohnnieFreeze

Awards
  • Established
metabolic acidosis..anyone ever experienced this problem?

tnubs

tnubs

Awards
  • Established
which aminos and what dosages? i really doubt thats the cause. maybe the temperature change did it ;)

matthias7

matthias7

Awards
  • Established
Its a funny post.

Good entertainment value. I haven't managed to laugh all day.

Too much protein on a body building forum! Erhh.. yeah right.

Check you creatinine levels - if they are fine, you're fine with aa intake.

tnubs

tnubs

Awards
  • Established
i went to the tanning bed the other day and got burnt up pretty good since its been a while since my pale @ss was out in the sun... im pretty itchy. but im also megadosing BCAAs... no telling which one caused it! ahh lol

MK9

MK9

Awards
  • Established
The sun tan did it, moisturize your skin.. Dont go all Oil of Olay, but keep it from drying, and the itch may be resolved.
MK9

tnubs

tnubs

Awards
  • Established
The sun tan did it, moisturize your skin.. Dont go all Oil of Olay, but keep it from drying, and the itch may be resolved.
MK9
lol it was a joke, ive acutally been using that aloe vera stuff and it works the best i think for sunburns. i dont like being greasy from lotion all day

matthias7

matthias7

Awards
  • Established
Did you put EAA or BCAA in the oil? Thats what it must be.

Quit the aminos and your skin will stop itching.

tnubs

tnubs

Awards
  • Established
Did you put EAA or BCAA in the oil? Thats what it must be.

Quit the aminos and your skin will stop itching.
im cycling. right now im using bcaa's in the oil. u know, to absorb into the skin and make my skin swole. eventually instead of shedding skin cells ill just grow and grow till i have the skin of a rhino. then ill be unstoppable!

JohnnieFreeze

JohnnieFreeze

Awards
  • Established
No such thing as stupid questions...just stupid answers.(which
say more about the character of the responder than they ever will about the questioner.)
Enjoy yourselves.

tnubs

tnubs

Awards
  • Established
google "metabolic acidosis". It happens
this and leucine tolerance are what i worry about. i didnt know there was an actual name for it. ive been megadosing BCAA's and i know its pretty acidic. but i figure since a lot of ppl have done it for longer than me w/o dieing i have hope i will be ok.

what exactly were u taking?

ps, you could balance it out w/baking soda? thats what the first link that popped up said but i duno how that would taste...

Vengeance187

Vengeance187

Awards
ive been megadosing BCAA's and i know its pretty acidic. but i figure since a lot of ppl have done it for longer than me w/o dieing i have hope i will be ok.
I'm pretty sure BCAA's are alkaline(so is whey). Just because it's PH balance is acidic outside of the body, doesn't mean it will have an acidic effect on your body's PH balance.

JohnnieFreeze

JohnnieFreeze

Awards
  • Established
this and leucine tolerance are what i worry about. i didnt know there was an actual name for it. ive been megadosing BCAA's and i know its pretty acidic. but i figure since a lot of ppl have done it for longer than me w/o dieing i have hope i will be ok.

what exactly were u taking?

ps, you could balance it out w/baking soda? thats what the first link that popped up said but i duno how that would taste...
I was double dosing a product called Luetor as well as 10 grams a day of various L-Carnitines( alcar/plcar/tartrate)
come to think of it I was also taking concentrated drops of fulvic acid...lol.. So yes, a definite PH imbalance occured. Unfortunately I didnt find out about the baking Soda until recently...but Ill start asap..also will see what my doc thinks

dave12

Awards
  • Established
No such thing as stupid questions...just stupid answers.(which
say more about the character of the responder than they ever will about the questioner.)
Enjoy yourselves.
If this is regarding my stupid answer, it was supposed to be stupid. Find Rodja ask him I've seen him talking about metabolic acidosis more than once. If there's an issue he would have some insight.

tnubs

tnubs

Awards
  • Established
I was double dosing a product called Luetor as well as 10 grams a day of various L-Carnitines( alcar/plcar/tartrate)
come to think of it I was also taking concentrated drops of fulvic acid...lol.. So yes, a definite PH imbalance occured. Unfortunately I didnt find out about the baking Soda until recently...but Ill start asap..also will see what my doc thinks
not sure if it would be the leutor. if your double dosing, im doing the equivalent of dosing 4x+ that. carnitine was pointlessly high, tho. id stick to half that on the carnitines and maybe just stick to one at a time and do like 3g? never heard of fulvic acid till just now, it looks pretty cool. but if ur worried maybe trade for ginseng? just because it has acid in the name doesnt necessarily make it bad. i couldnt find the pH but it could just be slightly acidic.

tnubs

tnubs

Awards
  • Established
If this is regarding my stupid answer, it was supposed to be stupid. Find Rodja ask him I've seen him talking about metabolic acidosis more than once. If there's an issue he would have some insight.
and copy & paste the answer here for more to read :)

capnsavem

capnsavem

Awards
  • Established
im cycling. right now im using bcaa's in the oil. u know, to absorb into the skin and make my skin swole. eventually instead of shedding skin cells ill just grow and grow till i have the skin of a rhino. then ill be unstoppable!
LOL... you're nuts tnub :tongue2:

matthias7

matthias7

Awards
  • Established
A very informative and intelligent thread. :hammer: