I need a good stack!

M

MiniMedic

Awards
I'm relatively new to working out. I'm not looking to get huge. I am 5'2" and 113 lbs (up from 109 in 1 1/2 months). I am currently taking Nitrix, T-Bomb II, and Protein shake. I've ordered Havoc by Primaforce and it is on the way. I am currently deployed to Afghanistan and figured it would be a good time to get my body to a good healthy base line. My goal weight would be 125-130. I've used Havoc last deployment and had 1o lbs of weight gain. I just want a good stack that can help me gain some weight in 1-2 months, then I'm gonna start the P90x program to tone out, and then maintain the weight and mass once I reach my goal.

Rosie Chee

Rosie Chee

The Female Terminator
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I'm relatively new to working out. I'm not looking to get huge. I am 5'2" and 113 lbs (up from 109 in 1 1/2 months). I am currently taking Nitrix, T-Bomb II, and Protein shake. I've ordered Havoc by Primaforce and it is on the way. I am currently deployed to Afghanistan and figured it would be a good time to get my body to a good healthy base line. My goal weight would be 125-130. I've used Havoc last deployment and had 1o lbs of weight gain. I just want a good stack that can help me gain some weight in 1-2 months, then I'm gonna start the P90x program to tone out, and then maintain the weight and mass once I reach my goal.
I assume you are female, based on your statistics (correct me if I'm wrong)?

Since you're "relatively new to working out", then I do not recommend anything but the STAPLE supplement products for you:
* Creatine - if you are doing resistance training
* Multivitamin
* Good Fats - if you do not get enough in your diet
* Protein Powder - if you do not get enough protein in your diet (which you should be able to, at your weight)
* BCAAs

I highly recommend AGAINST using Havoc, especially if you are a female and are "relatively new to working out", since this is a PROHORMONE, and the last thing you need to do to gain weight is turn immediately to hormonal products! And I sincerely hope that you did your research before you used it last time, since it is highly inadvisable.

If you're "relatively new to working out", then you can EASILY gain mass, simply by EATING AND TRAINING for it! Make sure that you are eating ABOVE Maintenance calories; are LIFTING WEIGHTS (limit the cardio, unless you want to keep it in for cardiovascular benefits), and focus on compound, multijoint lifts for 6-12 reps per set; and not overtraining, allowing your body adequate recovery.

~Rosie
Team APPNUT

WarMachine000

WarMachine000

Awards
  • Established

Since you're "relatively new to working out", then I do not recommend anything but the STAPLE supplement products for you:
* Multivitamin
* Protein Powder - if you do not get enough protein in your diet (which you should be able to, at your weight)
* BCAAs

I highly recommend AGAINST using Havoc, especially if you are a female and are "relatively new to working out", since this is a PROHORMONE, and the last thing you need to do to gain weight is turn immediately to hormonal products! And I sincerely hope that you did your research before you used it last time, since it is highly inadvisable.

If you're "relatively new to working out", then you can EASILY gain mass, simply by EATING AND TRAINING for it! Make sure that you are eating ABOVE Maintenance calories; are LIFTING WEIGHTS (limit the cardio, unless you want to keep it in for cardiovascular benefits), and focus on compound, multijoint lifts for 6-12 reps per set; and not overtraining, allowing your body adequate recovery.

~Rosie
Team APPNUT
Sound advice!

M

MiniMedic

Awards
I'm a male, just built small. No offense taken. I did a fair amount of research last time, and I got pretty good results. I've only more so done research, and asked the physicians assistant that I work with about it. I think I've been gaining a decent amount of weight in the past 1 1/2 months (about 4-5 lbs). As for diet, that is something I'm still very confused on, and currently trying to do as much research as I can. I'm trying to find out if I should just eat what ever I want, or 5 small meals a day lots of protein, limit carbs to early in the day.

I do cardio about 5 days a week. Weight Training in the morning, and Cardio at night of vice versa. I also alternate, one day I do high impact 80-90% max HR, then the next low impact 60-70% Max HR. I do this because I want to lose the 1/2 layer of fat off of my abs. Also, because being in the army I get tested on cardiovascular fitness.

John Smeton

John Smeton

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote

* Multivitamin
* BCAAs

~Rosie
Team APPNUT
This above advice is excellent advice

MiniMedic may I suggest you prioritize special emphasis on learning to count calories so you know whether or not you are even hitting maintenance calories or getting above maintenance calories.

I can bet with all that cardio and not counting your calories you are falling short of maintenance.

M

MiniMedic

Awards
Ok advice taken, I found a maintenance calorie calculator online. I think you may be right smeton, I hadn't thought about it until you said so. I got so focused on losing that fat that I didnt realize with the amount of excersize Im doing I am probably not taking in enough calories.

What is BCAA? I was trying to stay away from creatine because I heard all it does is put water mass, and you lose it when you stop using it. (correct me if that is wrong) I'm also trying to do all this before I go home for leave at the end of June, which is why I opted for the Havoc. Since I've already ordered it I am going to use it.

Will it be a problem to use, Nitrix, Creatine with the Havoc? From my research I havent read anything that states it would be a problem. Thank you all for the input and this is all helping me out alot.

Just to add, I've also quit using tobacco and everything. My main goal is to create a good baseline weight for me to maintain for the rest of my life, and lead a healthy lifestyle for my family.

M

MiniMedic

Awards
And also I was looking to add a pre and post workout liek dark rage and dark matter by MHP

islandmagic

islandmagic

Awards
  • Established
Ok advice taken, I found a maintenance calorie calculator online. I think you may be right smeton, I hadn't thought about it until you said so. I got so focused on losing that fat that I didnt realize with the amount of excersize Im doing I am probably not taking in enough calories.

What is BCAA? I was trying to stay away from creatine because I heard all it does is put water mass, and you lose it when you stop using it. (correct me if that is wrong) I'm also trying to do all this before I go home for leave at the end of June, which is why I opted for the Havoc. Since I've already ordered it I am going to use it.

Will it be a problem to use, Nitrix, Creatine with the Havoc? From my research I havent read anything that states it would be a problem. Thank you all for the input and this is all helping me out alot.

Just to add, I've also quit using tobacco and everything. My main goal is to create a good baseline weight for me to maintain for the rest of my life, and lead a healthy lifestyle for my family.
I am little worried now that i have read your post if you do not know what BCAA is stop all your supps and just have a good diet as stated...

Since you are new to supps I suggest you research everything and get an understanding of what Supps can do and their limitation… if you just google BCAA (branched chain amino acids) you find all kinds of links…. Also Creatine I would do Crepure… But I think you need to listen to Rosie advice she the real deal and have very good Knowledge… just my 2 cents.. do as you like…..

Rosie Chee

Rosie Chee

The Female Terminator
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I'm a male, just built small. No offense taken. I did a fair amount of research last time, and I got pretty good results. I've only more so done research, and asked the physicians assistant that I work with about it. I think I've been gaining a decent amount of weight in the past 1 1/2 months (about 4-5 lbs). As for diet, that is something I'm still very confused on, and currently trying to do as much research as I can. I'm trying to find out if I should just eat what ever I want, or 5 small meals a day lots of protein, limit carbs to early in the day.
Regardless of whether you are a male or female, since you stated that you are "relatively new to working out", my advice in post #2 still stands re supplementation and training.

Re diet, if you're trying to GAIN mass, then you need to be eating MORE than Maintenance, as I said. If you are, then yes, as John mentioned, it would be very beneficial for you to know how many calories you were consuming, so that you know if you are even getting in ENOUGH. Either way, 5-6 meals daily would be the way to go, get in at least 1g of protein per pound of body mass, and don't think about limiting carbohydrates.

I do cardio about 5 days a week. Weight Training in the morning, and Cardio at night of vice versa. I also alternate, one day I do high impact 80-90% max HR, then the next low impact 60-70% Max HR. I do this because I want to lose the 1/2 layer of fat off of my abs. Also, because being in the army I get tested on cardiovascular fitness.
That's fine. But if you want to GAIN MASS, then you NEED TO EAT ENOUGH TO COVER ALL of your energy expenditure!

Losing the fat should NOT be an issue if you're trying to GAIN mass.

BCAA are branch chain amino acids. Do a Google search - you'll find plenty of information.

Re creatine, if you are resistance training, then this should be a staple! As far as "put on water mass", this assumption would be INcorrect. Creatine can hold INTRAcellular water, yes - this is what makes your muscles look fuller - but if all else is right, this extra weight may be barely noticeable, and I can tell you from personal experience that I barely hold water when I use creatine.

You can use any creatine product.

And also I was looking to add a pre and post workout liek dark rage and dark matter by MHP
You CAN add pre and post workout products, but right now that should NOT be your focus. Preworkout products could help with energy and postworkout products may hep you get in some more calories, but neither is essential, especially for someone who is "relatively new to working out." As I said, get the BASICS and your FOUNDATION right BEFORE trying to build a structure!

~Rosie
Team APPNUT

WarMachine000

WarMachine000

Awards
  • Established

I know you're thinking "I'll take all this stuff and get huge" but it doesn't work that way (a goal of adding 20% of your bodyweight is a huge change in musculature in my opinion)
You're thinking "I'm getting all this overseas pay, so it's cool"
I know - I did 3 tours myself.
If you're just starting out it might take several weeks or a couple of months, but dedication, consistency, diet, and keeping motivational are your BEST allies. Take a multi and some supplemental protein, but vasodilators and everything else? Your body is still learning how to respond to weight training.
Stay hard, warrior- mentally. The physical will follow.
Eventually you'll hit a plateau, then that's when the other supps help.
Hope this helps.
Thanks for your service.

islandmagic

islandmagic

Awards
  • Established
I know you're thinking "I'll take all this stuff and get huge" but it doesn't work that way (a goal of adding 20% of your bodyweight is a huge change in musculature in my opinion)
You're thinking "I'm getting all this overseas pay, so it's cool"
I know - I did 3 tours myself.
If you're just starting out it might take several weeks or a couple of months, but dedication, consistency, diet, and keeping motivational are your BEST allies. Take a multi and some supplemental protein, but vasodilators and everything else? Your body is still learning how to respond to weight training.
Stay hard, warrior- mentally. The physical will follow.
Eventually you'll hit a plateau, then that's when the other supps help.
Hope this helps.
Thanks for your service.
Pain is weakness leaving the body

WarMachine000

WarMachine000

Awards
  • Established
One other thing- anything you put in your body, you should know "why". Learn about vitamins, minerals, protein, fats, carbs. That will take long enough! Then- why creatine, Sakhalin, citrulline malate or whatever. How do they effect the body. Supps, even illegal ones, aren't a quick fix. And nothing worth having, even a powerful physique, comes easy.
Thanks for listening

gymaddict20

gymaddict20

Awards
  • Established
I will agree with everyone on here. I have used Havoc aka Epi on a few different occasions. You are no where close to where you need to be to run this. Stay natural, learn to eat right and workout. I am curious as to how much you gained on your last run the havoc? Also what did you use for PCT?

I am pretty sure I speak for everyone when I say we do appreciate your service and what your doing for our country. If it wasn't for the individuals like yourself defending our country we wouldn't have the privileges to use AM. We will all support you the best we can.

M

MiniMedic

Awards
Thank you all for your input and I do appreciate all of you for taking the time to help me. I've calculated my maintenance and bulking calories/nutrient intakes and am now being mindful. I'll hold off on the supps for now and see where I get from there. This has been very helpful for me, and thanks again.