Gatorade protein recovery drink?

jumpshot903

jumpshot903

Awards
  • Established
I just saw an ad for it and looked it up online, has anyone tried it? It seems like they have a whole new line out of supplements one being and endurance formula which is supposed to help sodium levels in athletes or something? I just wanted to know if anyone has tried any of these products or has any talk about them.

Clickster

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
I heard about it. Don't think much about it. For two reasons... I can't stand the Gatorade company and prefer Powerade, and I highly doubt there is enough of anything to sway the drink to the point of it being better for performance or recovery.

Just my opinion.

vudoo

Awards
I've tried Accelerade before. It was like gatorade w/ hyrdolized whey in it. Tasted like gatorade. They don't sell it anymore though...

jumpshot903

jumpshot903

Awards
  • Established
I know it doesnt seem to good and being from a company like gatorade it will more likely be good tasting rather then good for you as is musclemilk i was just kinda seeing if anyone tried it.

ecupirate

Awards
if we are thinking of the same product then yes i have tried it. My friend plays for the football team and they get cases of this stuff for after workouts/practices ect. had a couple of them and they taste good and just have simple carbs and milk protein. very basic and to the point.

TheLastRonin

TheLastRonin

Awards
  • Established
They use HFCS in their products which is garbage and poison. Its trash for fat white boys in basketball jerseys. Make your own or buy a product from NP that is better for you.

mtd25

Awards
Powdered gatorade doesn't include HFCS and I mix some with whey protein, cheap, tastes like orange aid, and is the same type of Accellerade 4:1 ratio if you mix it right. Haven't seen the new product, but doubt I'd go for it when you can add Leucine and other goodies to spice up your own PWO drink.

TheLastRonin

TheLastRonin

Awards
  • Established
Powdered gatorade doesn't include HFCS and I mix some with whey protein, cheap, tastes like orange aid, and is the same type of Accellerade 4:1 ratio if you mix it right. Haven't seen the new product, but doubt I'd go for it when you can add Leucine and other goodies to spice up your own PWO drink.
This is true it doesn't, neither does the G2 series. They say that they are going to change all their drinks formulas as well. Thats good, but I still wouldn't want the dyes,hydrogenated oils and sucrose(unless it was natural, as in non processed natural maple syrup). Plain dextrose powder mixed with maltodextrin 50:50 and a scoop of whey is still the best to me.

killamac27

killamac27

Awards
The new Performance series with the grey labels don't have HFCS

Fenway

Awards
Sounds like another gimmick for Pepsi Co. to make some money

majormass

Awards
pepsi co has ties w/ muscle milk muscle milk rtd's are distributed out of all pepsi bottling plants. good business move ...you can say bad things all you want but this was a business move...they will make a killing! muscle milk does taste awesome...not the best muscle building product out there, but has taste down pat