Yohimbine questions.

FTMGuy

Awards
How does yohimbine HCl play into fat loss since it helps in the release FFA's? Do the effects change on a low carb diet? I did a search (on this board) and couldn't find any real good info on yohimbine HCl. From what I have read on yohimbine you wouldn't want to take it with anything that would cause a insulin spike because it realease FFA into your system right?

Over on Lyle board he says to take .2mg/kg of TBW and 200mg of cafeine 30-60 mins before cardio 3-6 hours after a meal (on a empty tummy). For a cutting diet.

houseman

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
How does yohimbine HCl play into fat loss since it helps in the release FFA's? Do the effects change on a low carb diet? I did a search (on this board) and couldn't find any real good info on yohimbine HCl. From what I have read on yohimbine you wouldn't want to take it with anything that would cause a insulin spike because it realease FFA into your system right?

Over on Lyle board he says to take .2mg/kg of TBW and 200mg of cafeine 30-60 mins before cardio 3-6 hours after a meal (on a empty tummy). For a cutting diet.
Just as a side note... making an oral yohimbine solution tastes like ASS!

My original batch was made with water and mint extract but it still makes me shiver and shake trying to down one ml.

I am going to try it this weekend with an alcohol like Rum 151 (if I can find it). Does anyone else have a version of an oral solution working that tastes half decent?

Sorry for the hijack... figured since we were talking Yohimbine... this might be applicable :)

Also, I find when I take upwards of 40mg at once... my body does not like it that much :p But boy oh boy so I shiver and shake for the next few hours. Heh.

A

jweave23

Awards
  • Established
sorry, don't have too much time now but will respond more later. A search on Pubmed with "yohimbine" will yield some results. My understanding is that yohimbine can increase blood glucose levels (as can other alpha 2 antagonists I believe), so you shold try to limit carsb when using it, yes. :)

Dwight Schrute

Dwight Schrute

I am faster than 80% of all snakes
Awards
  • Established
  • Legend!

Didn't I answer this for you already?

FTMGuy

Awards
Yohimbine, Ephedrine, Norephedrine, Synephrine, etc....all helps in releasing and oxidizing fats. Yohimbine has an added benefit of targeting Alpha 2 receptors which is predominatly the "stubborn" fat but also increase water retention so you have to remember that when judging its effectiveness.
That was the answer from the other thread.

Do the effects change on a low carb diet?
Does this mean yohimbine followed by slow cardio would be best? Or what is the best way to use it on a low carb diet? Do you take all 22mg at once or through out the day? I read to take it all right before cardio (is this correct)?