Sleep Supps

Fenway

Awards
I have been taking melatonin on and off for years. I was recently talking to a doctor at the gym, and was informed there are many studies out there linking low testosterone to melatonin because melatonin suppresses testosterone production. Other studies suggest melatonin lowers sperm counts.

Now I am considering other sleep aids. I have since purchased x-dream (I know it has a form of melatonin in it) bulletproof and will buy the new animal product. I would appreciate suggestions from other that have tried these products as well as others.

Intellectual

Awards
I have tried tons of sleep aid and for me personally the most effective has been 5-htp. I take just one pill before sleep and not the recommended 3 that says on the bottle.

warsteiner

Awards
  • Established
Look into a GH product. PowerFULL worked well for me. Two caps 20 mins prior to bed and I was out like a light. MST Somnidren and Ghenerate also have good reviews for sleep quality.

matthias7

matthias7

Awards
  • Established
Old question many good threads on it. Buy a blue light lamp.

Bromomelatonin is in X-dreams, this ain't melatonin and is sure interesting.

monstermash

monstermash

Awards
  • Established
valerian by itself works great for me. I plan on trying Animal PM soon, we'll see how it goes.

AZMIDLYF

AZMIDLYF

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
LipotrophinPM does a great job for me.

CTDeuce

CTDeuce

MST Reppin Hard!
Awards
  • Established
Look into a GH product. PowerFULL worked well for me. Two caps 20 mins prior to bed and I was out like a light. MST Somnidren and Ghenerate also have good reviews for sleep quality.
you can view quite a few logs on somnidren gh right now here at AM!!

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
somnidren-gh by mst-buy this and :sleeping::sleeping::sleeping:i feel this is the best sleep aide you can buy without a prescription.

Fenway

Awards
Everyone's input is appreciated. So far, here is the list of products that have been suggested to me: Comatose, ZMA, Somatomax, Slumber Stack, 1-carboxy, bulletproof, somnidren, shut eye, skull cap, animal pm, 5-htp, powerful, nocturnabol, velerian, LipotrophinPM and xdreams. I think I will start with x-dreams and take it from there.

Velerian doesn't do s**t for me.

AZMIDLYF

AZMIDLYF

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Don't know if you can get it right now. Nutra hasn't had it for awhile...

CROWLER

CROWLER

Anabolic Innovations Owner
Awards
  • Established
What about a supplement with L-Theanine, 5-HTP, Val, Inositol and more . . . hmmmm wonder what that would be like ;)

EDIT my mistake I fixed the ingredients list

AZMIDLYF

AZMIDLYF

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
What about a supplement with L-Theanine, 5-HTP, Val, Mela and more . . . hmmmm wonder what that would be like ;)
:hitit:

CROWLER

CROWLER

Awards
  • Established
Well then get ready to hit it bro! :)

Fenway

Awards
I have x-dreams on hand already! But I know I am missing something...is AI coming out with one?

JN230

JN230

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
if you want a drink you cant get better than the Slumber stack, its got essential oils that are my fav part since im not always in the mood for the tea, but wow it really helps mellow you out and the sleep id deep, deep i SAY

Fenway

Awards
I will be sure to try it when it come out, then. Im also looking into Gabob, as this looks promising, too.

CTDeuce

CTDeuce

MST Reppin Hard!
Awards
  • Established
I will be sure to try it when it come out, then. Im also looking into Gabob, as this looks promising, too.
you can get a sample of Somnidren GH at our website bud. Do that. Enjoy. Smile. Thank me.

the end.

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
you can get a sample of Somnidren GH at our website bud. Do that. Enjoy. Smile. Thank me.

the end.
i agree, try the free sample!:dunno:

matthias7

matthias7

Awards
  • Established
What about a supplement with L-Theanine, 5-HTP, Val, Mela and more . . . hmmmm wonder what that would be like ;)
Not sure. Dabbling in melatonin/serotonin could cause test levels to dip. Personally I never liked melatonin. I only took it a few times but was never keen.

Slumber stack is an interesting combo.

CROWLER

CROWLER

Awards
  • Established
AZMIDLYF

AZMIDLYF

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
:439:

flash6610

Awards
I have tried a million different sleep supplements. Due to the fact that I work different hours at work. So far the best one I have come across is Somnidren GH. A few nights ago I tied Comatose. It did knock me out and I slept well. However, I woke up with a what I would call a, "hangover feeling". I think I would use Comatose again for those nights when nothing else seems to work.

Psychabinol

Awards
  • Established
Definitely recommend Animal PM for sleeping purposes, out of everything mentioned.

Somnidren-Gh is pretty good.

Alri Comatose is also pretty good.

Animal Pm - for sleep but also better recovery, you dont have to take days off this, no phenibut
Somnidren Gh, if you also want to boost Gh, but phenibut causes grogginess.(get a sample before u buy a full can)
Alri Comatose-Best one ive tried for just sleep purposes.(buy a sample back from Nutra)

Overall Animal Pm gave me the most results though, the sleep effects were okay by me. More like relaxation effects. Somnidren-gh will knock u out faster, but makes me pretty groggy the next day. Alri comatose might be the best, if u just want a better sleep.

The_Reverend

The_Reverend

Awards
  • Established
I recommend Somnidren. It's by far the best sleep supplement I've tried, and I've tried quite a few of them. The best part is that it does so much more for you then just get you to sleep well. Definitely give it a try.

matthias7

matthias7

Awards
  • Established
We will be lining up testers very soon :)
Presume this AI's sleep supp containing 5HTP and melatonin.

I'm not with AI on this one. If its very low dose melatonin =<0.3mg then okay.

AI have some very strong products, Stoked (which I use), Cycle Support (which I use), Perform, which has excellent reviews - if SunCloud says this stuff rocks you can't get better reps than that. The whole female libido booster concept has driven the forum crazy (or perhaps its just me ;) ): "Hi darling fancy some green tea? Its from Malaysia you know" ;) ;) "Oh okay what about trying this health supplement, its from the US you know"

Question So I support X-dreams with bromomelatonin but not a product with straight melatonin?

Yeah... the patent application of bromomelatonin explains how it achieves the deep sleep structure of benzos, without any of the problems benzos have (for most people they are more trouble than they are worth). Melatonin according to the patent can't do that. The theory is the deeper the sleep the more GH is released. Its not a bad theory at all.

My experience Deep sleep supps when they work give fantastic sleep and results. I just never took to melatonin.

Melatonin as an antiaging supplement has gold-plated reputation but most users dose low 0.25mg - I asked the Imminist forum this question. Most of them have been on melatonin for years.

Theory The idea of sleep supps is to speed regeneration/anabolism usually by increasing GH release. A possible drop in test is compensated by GH increase. There is no suggestion with melatonin GH is increased - the sleep structure doesn't change (bromomelatonin patent application). This is coupled with a link between high melatonin and low test levels. Somehow it appears the serotonin-melatonin pathway knocks the PT-axis.

Conclusion Using a serotinin booster (5HTP) and melatonin together ain't a good combo IMO. Sure if I wanted to live for ever - melatonin is the way to go. If I want muscle and keep muscle ...

Its just my opinion. Happy to be challenged and maybe the up and coming logs will prove me wrong.

matthias7

matthias7

Awards
  • Established
Actually if the UK manufactured the female libido booster all the girls would take it 'cause we're the heartland of abstinence and propriety. Right?

"Hi Darling would like to take this health supplement, its British"
Reply "No problem Honey thats definately got nothing to do with sex"

A_I_Sports_Nutrition

A_I_Sports_Nutrition

AI Sports Nutrition
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established

AI have some very strong products, Stoked (which I use), Cycle Support (which I use), Perform, which has excellent reviews - if SunCloud says this stuff rocks you can't get better reps than that. The whole female libido booster concept has driven the forum crazy (or perhaps its just me ;) ): "Hi darling fancy some green tea? Its from Malaysia you know" ;) ;) "Oh okay what about trying this health supplement, its from the US you know"

Question So I support X-dreams with bromomelatonin but not a product with straight melatonin?

Yeah... the patent application of bromomelatonin explains how it achieves the deep sleep structure of benzos, without any of the problems benzos have (for most people they are more trouble than they are worth). Melatonin according to the patent can't do that. The theory is the deeper the sleep the more GH is released. Its not a bad theory at all.

My experience Deep sleep supps when they work give fantastic sleep and results. I just never took to melatonin.

Melatonin as an antiaging supplement has gold-plated reputation but most users dose low 0.25mg - I asked the Imminist forum this question. Most of them have been on melatonin for years.

Theory The idea of sleep supps is to speed regeneration/anabolism usually by increasing GH release. A possible drop in test is compensated by GH increase. There is no suggestion with melatonin GH is increased - the sleep structure doesn't change (bromomelatonin patent application). This is coupled with a link between high melatonin and low test levels. Somehow it appears the serotonin-melatonin pathway knocks the PT-axis.

Conclusion Using a serotinin booster (5HTP) and melatonin together ain't a good combo IMO. Sure if I wanted to live for ever - melatonin is the way to go. If I want muscle and keep muscle ...

Its just my opinion. Happy to be challenged and maybe the up and coming logs will prove me wrong.
No need ad there is no Melatonin in this product it was a mistake.

UNCnate

UNCnate

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
No need ad there is no Melatonin in this product it was a mistake.
No melatonin. The idea was toyed with, but ultimately we decided not to include it.

Oh, and we agree on the melatonin dose as well.

CROWLER

CROWLER

Awards
  • Established

Actually I edited my post it doesn't have melatonin in for JUST the reasons you stated. ;)

I was going from memory and got it diff then what we have included in our alpha samples.

THANK YOU!

swoody

swoody

Awards
  • Established
This thread is extremely enlightening to me. I've always suspected that melatonin caused a dip in test... when I took it I always got symptoms of this. Also on a side note, benadryl and other antihistamine supps arent good long-term either... antihistamines are anti-cholinergic, meaning they deplete levels of acetylcholine causing brain fog, poor memory and most alarming flacid noodle (acetylcholine is an important neurotransmitter for erections)... so yeah... I guess staying away from melatonin would be the main bullet point of this presentation...

I've struggled with sleep problems for as long as I can remember. The only thing that hasn't given me side effects is if I can't sleep the night before, I get up early anyway, stay up all day without a nap until I crash at a reasonable hour at night. I occasionally have the random night where its hard for me to sleep, so really my main problem is getting knocked out enough to get to sleep. Once I'm there its all gravy... would Somnidren-GH accomplish this? Keep in mind I've developed a tolerance to even Halcion...FML.

A_I_Sports_Nutrition

A_I_Sports_Nutrition

AI Sports Nutrition
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
This thread is extremely enlightening to me. I've always suspected that melatonin caused a dip in test... when I took it I always got symptoms of this. Also on a side note, benadryl and other antihistamine supps arent good long-term either... antihistamines are anti-cholinergic, meaning they deplete levels of acetylcholine causing brain fog, poor memory and most alarming flacid noodle (acetylcholine is an important neurotransmitter for erections)... so yeah... I guess staying away from melatonin would be the main bullet point of this presentation...

I've struggled with sleep problems for as long as I can remember. The only thing that hasn't given me side effects is if I can't sleep the night before, I get up early anyway, stay up all day without a nap until I crash at a reasonable hour at night. I occasionally have the random night where its hard for me to sleep, so really my main problem is getting knocked out enough to get to sleep. Once I'm there its all gravy... would Somnidren-GH accomplish this? Keep in mind I've developed a tolerance to even Halcion...FML.
Wow Halcion is potent stuff. You are not at this time taking any sleeping meds are you? If so please consults a doctor before using any sleep supps. Benzo's and GABA can be a problem.

swoody

swoody

Awards
  • Established
Not currently no. I have consulted my physician (much more knowledgable of pharmacology and dietary supps than most) and we have discussed that very topic. My halcion tolerance is weird though... I took it last week one night after not taking it for MONTHS and still have an extremely high tolerance for it. Hooray for insomnia. The one thing that REALLY works for me (only for about a week though) is Ambien.

A_I_Sports_Nutrition

A_I_Sports_Nutrition

AI Sports Nutrition
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Not currently no. I have consulted my physician (much more knowledgable of pharmacology and dietary supps than most) and we have discussed that very topic. My halcion tolerance is weird though... I took it last week one night after not taking it for MONTHS and still have an extremely high tolerance for it. Hooray for insomnia. The one thing that REALLY works for me (only for about a week though) is Ambien.
Ambien is good as it is not a Benzo. Did you try Ambien CR also?

swoody

swoody

Awards
  • Established
Haven't tried that one yet. Whats the difference between the two versions? I appologize ahead of time that we are talking prescription sleeping meds in a dietary supp forum...

Fenway

Awards
Haven't tried that one yet. Whats the difference between the two versions? I appologize ahead of time that we are talking prescription sleeping meds in a dietary supp forum...
Ambian cr is ambian, but controlled release, same as any extended release. Lost of drug companies do this when the patent is going to run out. Now they can get another patent on the same drug, by making it controlled released or extended release. Rozerem works like melatonin, but has the same problem with test levels.

I am going to try the x-dream as I have it in hand. I will have to see what else I can get samples of, and will then pick my poison.

Fenway

Awards
Lunesta hands down (prescription)
Valerian tea (OTC)
Lunesta gave me gave the sensation I was chewing tin foil. Reminds me of the old road runner and coyote episode where the coyote is making soup with old tin cans. Nothing I did took the taste away, and the sleep was not good enough to deal with the sides.

A_I_Sports_Nutrition

A_I_Sports_Nutrition

AI Sports Nutrition
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Lunesta gave me gave the sensation I was chewing tin foil. Reminds me of the old road runner and coyote episode where the coyote is making soup with old tin cans. Nothing I did took the taste away, and the sleep was not good enough to deal with the sides.
Exactly the same experience I had with it.

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Lunesta hands down (prescription)
Valerian tea (OTC)
klonipin and restoril do a good job of putting me out-if i don't use more than 2-3 xweek-but both come with sides, the biggest side for me is very quick tolerance. the somnidren allowed me to get a break from the benzo's-and still get a decent nights sleep.