immune system boosters

kingdong

kingdong

Awards
  • Established
As far as I know, the only things that have been proven to boost the immune system are thing that actually fill nutritional deficiencies. Does anyone know of any other compunds that have been proven to boost the immune system?

P

Punisher63e

Awards
Glutamine. I think Glutathione as well... I've come across a few things but I can't remember them all. I would be interested to more knowledgeable input as well. I could definitely use some more things to boost my immune system.

kingdong

kingdong

Awards
  • Established
Well, if glutamine works, which is debateable, it would be filling a nutritional deficiency. Haveing said that though, I'm currently using it, because I still suspect it might do something when your really run down. I hope it at least helps me with digestion.

P

Punisher63e

Awards
Well supposedly glutamine is a huge part of your cellular structure, GI tract function and immune system. Wikipedia it lol. I supplement with like 4g a day, usually 2g in the morning a 2g at night. I work this stupid arse split shift right now and so I don't have too much time to devote to research and I'm trying to build a 2mo stack to go with my AMS PH stack... And I also have a condition that ****s with my immune system so anything I can learn about that would be helpful.

kingdong

kingdong

Awards
  • Established
Well, I hear it's good stuff for immunity when your sytem is dealing with extreme conditions, which sounds accurate to you.

kingdong

kingdong

Awards
  • Established
Back to the old question: Anyone notice an immune system boost from the exotic supplements? (If this doesn't make sense, read 1st post.)

Halo1999

Halo1999

Awards
Echinacea extract 800mg
Astragalus extract 300mg
shiltake, Maitake, and Reishi mushroom blend 200mg
Goldenseal extract 100mg

kingdong

kingdong

Awards
  • Established
Echinacea extract 800mg
Astragalus extract 300mg
Goldenseal extract 100mg
Did you make this concoction yourself? Do you honestly feel like it's working?

Halo1999

Halo1999

Awards
Did you make this concoction yourself? Do you honestly feel like it's working?
I did not come up with this combination of herbs myself. I take a vitamin called Immune Factors produced by Andrew Lessman. I purchased this vitamin off the HSN website. I take more during the winter so the amounts of the extracts differ as I take 3 or 4 a day. This vitamin works, as I did not get sick at all during the entire winter. To be honest my diet and exercise helps a lot also in keeping a strong immune system. I would highly recommend this product to anyone. Good Luck.

tnubs

tnubs

Awards
  • Established
Echinacea extract 800mg
Astragalus extract 300mg
Goldenseal extract 100mg
echinacea has some side effects if u take it too long so watch out. apparently just take it when ur sick. like maybe a week then stop and ur fine.

but high dosed vitamin D works well. im using 5000 iu's/day and i seriously didnt get sick all winter. it was crazy. i usually get sick 3 times or so. apparently ginseng works to boost immune. then digestive enhancers help too ive heard. like gut health, although im not sure how. a good daily multivitamin cant hurt either!

djbombsquad

djbombsquad

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Interferon booster. I can't source but if you pm me I can tell you, I am taking a interfron booster and have not been sick in over 5 years.

poison

poison

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Many mushrooms (cordyceps, reishi, maitake, etc)
Echinacea (short term only)
Garlic
Olive leaf extract
Oregano extract
Sambucol/elderberry

E

elivvt

Awards
Ionic silver nasal spray, nascent Iodine, Vit-D3, colostrum, immunoglobulins, beta 1,3 glucan, lactoferine, IFG-1 (Insulin Growth-Like Factor-1), AHCC (Active Hexose Correlated Compound), allicin from garlic, and probiotics will assist your immune system.

AdelV

AdelV

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Ionic silver nasal spray, nascent Iodine, Vit-D3, colostrum, immunoglobulins, beta 1,3 glucan, lactoferine, IFG-1 (Insulin Growth-Like Factor-1), AHCC (Active Hexose Correlated Compound), allicin from garlic, and probiotics will assist your immune system.
As he says.

Def some form of gut health product.

matthias7

matthias7

Awards
  • Established
High dose Vit D and Chinese mushrooms. Lions mane is one - which is also a noot.

Infections bounce of me easily including serious gum infections. Whether this is Vit Cs Bs and the shebang or Vit D and Lions mane I dunno. Lions mane cycle was pretty recent .. :dunno:

kingdong

kingdong

Awards
  • Established
To me, it seems like eating milligrams of a mushroom would be inferior to eating just one mushroom a week.

P

Punisher63e

Awards
Vit A, C and Zinc work together very well to boost your immune system. I have a downed immune system and I recently caught the flu and I took a high dose of all 3 and the next day I felt pretty well and then the day after I was outside shoveling snow in my shorts lol.

UNCfan1

UNCfan1

Awards
  • Established
Just to name a few.

Probiotics- Great gut health = great overall health.

Astragalus Root- Never tried before suppose to stimulate nautral killer cells.

Glutamine- 10-20mg boosts lymphocytes, marco****es and neutrophils which all help the immune system function.

NAC- Boosts glutahione levels.

Carnitines/CoQ-10- Keeps the mitochondria healthy.

Zinc- Stims killer cell production.

Vitamin C- No need to explain

Vitamin D- No need to explain

Garlic- Has antibacterial, antiviral, antifungal properties also stims killer cell activity.

Black, Green and White teas- No need to explain.

Fish/Omega -3- increases ****ocytes- increases white blood cells that destroy bacteria also protects against damage from infections.

These are a few that I have been reading about. There are more.

Of course diets high in fruits and veggies really helps as well.

AdelV

AdelV

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Just to name a few.

Probiotics- Great gut health = great overall health.

Astragalus Root- Never tried before suppose to stimulate nautral killer cells.

Glutamine- 10-20mg boosts lymphocytes, marco****es and neutrophils which all help the immune system function.

NAC- Boosts glutahione levels.

Carnitines/CoQ-10- Keeps the mitochondria healthy.

Zinc- Stims killer cell production.

Vitamin C- No need to explain

Vitamin D- No need to explain

Garlic- Has antibacterial, antiviral, antifungal properties also stims killer cell activity.

Black, Green and White teas- No need to explain.

Fish/Omega -3- increases ****ocytes- increases white blood cells that destroy bacteria also protects against damage from infections.

These are a few that I have been reading about. There are more.

Of course diets high in fruits and veggies really helps as well.
great post.

matthias7

matthias7

Awards
  • Established
****ocytes- increases white blood cells that destroy bacteria also protects against damage from infections.

Increases oocytes! So we our stacks are going to make us pregnant :biglaugh:

Gee talk about estrogens contaminating the water supply, gyno and now pregnancy.

Its tough being a guy in a changing world.

BBB

BBB

Awards
  • Established
Beta Glucan is the best immune system enhancer known to science. Vit D3 (4000 IU/day) and Vit C is really all that is needed for immune system health. I saw a show several weeks ago where a notable PHD said that people to take 4000 IU of vit D3 daily and have a reatively healthy immune system, never get colds or the flu. D3 weakens all viruses so that the immune system can easily destroy them.

wastedwhiteboy2

wastedwhiteboy2

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Any of your anti cortisol supps will increase your immune system. Cortisol decreases it.

F

Fenway

Awards
I'm new here, so take this for what its worth. Dannon makes a product you drink called DanActive with is a probiotic drink that is backed with clinical studies that suggest it strengthens your body's immunity and has active cultures in it as well. Can be purchased at your local grocery store. I have been taking 1 on off days, and 2 on work out days and notice a difference.

I can also offer the following suggestion with regard to vitamins and supplements. For a long time I thought they were all basically the same, and boy oh boy, was I wrong. I have done a ton of research on this, and also consulted with a nutritionist or two, and learned the following:

Food is the best source for vitamins and minerals, but there is no way we can get all the vitamins and minerals from food alone. When it comes to vits and minerals, almost every company uses man made components (synthetics) which are not the best form. All you have to do is read the label to see what the source of the individual vitamin or mineral is. Another way to test how effective the product is you are taking is to place a pill in a glass of water. If it is not dissolved within 30 minutes, the product not able to optimized by your body effectively.

The best products you can take use plant based sources as opposed to synthetic sources. Plant based sources always dissolve in the water. This is often seen on the label as naturally occurring nutrients and phytochemicals. One of the best products I have seen is Liquid Health complete multiple or Now brand also has a liquid. Both of these products use plant based components with liquid fiber and digestion resistent prebiotic blends. All you have to do is read the label of liquid health and you can see very few compare.

I currently use animal pak with is largely made of synthetic components, but it contains some items that I have not found in one other source without taking multiple products. However, animal pak wants you to take two packages on workout days. Instead of taking the second pak, I take Liquid Health. I have never felt better.

For what it is worth, I also take iso-opc for the polytheniols and bilflavonoids...it also I helps to eliminate free radicals, and boosts your immune system. I can honestly say, placebo effect or not, I have never felt better, and feel like **** when I run out and dont have more on hand. Take it for what its worth, just my two cents. Hope the info helps.

tnubs

tnubs

Awards
  • Established
fenway, im sure theres much cheaper sources for probiotics than that. i know nutraplanet has some (NOW brand) that ive been using lately thats really help with absorbtion/digestion. i think most people know that natural is better than lab made but, like u said, its just hard sometimes to get it all from diet. and i trust my super cheap centrum multivitamin over nothing. i rly wana try animal pak at least one time in my life since everyone seems to like it but its price prohibitive. ADAM (NOW brand) multivitamin is pretty awesome too. i tried one bottle and it had a pretty strong ingredient listing plus its capsules for easy absorbtion, instead of condensed material that i feel like may take a while to start dissolving

F

Fenway

Awards
fenway, im sure theres much cheaper sources for probiotics than that. i know nutraplanet has some (NOW brand) that ive been using lately thats really help with absorbtion/digestion. i think most people know that natural is better than lab made but, like u said, its just hard sometimes to get it all from diet. and i trust my super cheap centrum multivitamin over nothing. i rly wana try animal pak at least one time in my life since everyone seems to like it but its price prohibitive. ADAM (NOW brand) multivitamin is pretty awesome too. i tried one bottle and it had a pretty strong ingredient listing plus its capsules for easy absorbtion, instead of condensed material that i feel like may take a while to start dissolving
Liquid Health is about $25.00 for 1 month supply.
Animal pak is about $25.oo for 44 at dps nutrition
I can see ur point about Adam, and it looks pretty solid. But money is not an issue for me at the moment, so I'll keep my current regiment.

As for the iso-opc, all the vits and minerals in the world are not going to do what this supp does for free radicals, immune system, anti-imflamation, and cell repair. At $15.00 a month, I have no plans to stop taking it any time soon.

JN230

JN230

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
glutathione is a great one but i havent gotten sick since summer when i added Vitaberry its nice and makes my unflavored supps taste better so its a keeper for me