creatine dose, interesting read

jherman08

jherman08

Awards
  • Established
So that would mean supplements containing like 5-10g of creatine per serving could be used at 1/2 scoop servings? Such as sizeon/cellmass, etc.. (of course everything else will be split in half too, but creatine is the main component of these)

meathed

meathed

Awards
Some good sources to corroborate the theory. Sounds well thought out to me.

qwerty33

qwerty33

Awards
  • Established
yea. thats y i buy creatine mono and most of my supps are only pure products and mix as i choose. like beta-alanine ibcaa ect..

tnubs

tnubs

Awards
  • Established
2g a day o.0 thats so low but i would feel much safer taking 2g/day over 10g

R1balla

R1balla

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
i have had kidney problems from creatine, my uncle has, and my friend has. mine was just sharp pain. my uncle peed out blood for a week, my friend had 2 kidney stones. they both used it straight, 10g for a year though. i prefer to cycle it every other month or so. seems to me 2g is low, i always do 5g after loading phase. i get sharp pains in my kidneys around day 5 of creatine use so now i make sure to drink aaaalllllot of water (about 2 gallons daily). anybody try 2g a day??? im curious how this works compared to 5g. i always thought 5 was max, anything else is a waste and is only hurting you. any thoughts?

tnubs

tnubs

Awards
  • Established
i have had kidney problems from creatine, my uncle has, and my friend has. mine was just sharp pain. my uncle peed out blood for a week, my friend had 2 kidney stones. they both used it straight, 10g for a year though. i prefer to cycle it every other month or so. seems to me 2g is low, i always do 5g after loading phase. i get sharp pains in my kidneys around day 5 of creatine use so now i make sure to drink aaaalllllot of water (about 2 gallons daily). anybody try 2g a day??? im curious how this works compared to 5g. i always thought 5 was max, anything else is a waste and is only hurting you. any thoughts?
that would scare me if i had pain from creatine. i take 5 grams 3 times a week (workout days)

qwerty33

qwerty33

Awards
  • Established
according to the article. 2g is what you lose ed. so if you take 5, its unnecessary.

UNCnate

UNCnate

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
People have been over doing it with creatine for years.

The maintenance dose for creatine is 0.029g/kg.

Whoever thought they could put a blanket statement on something and say "take 5 grams per day" was short sighted.

Bionic

Bionic

Awards
  • Established
People have been over doing it with creatine for years.

The maintenance dose for creatine is 0.029g/kg.

Whoever thought they could put a blanket statement on something and say "take 5 grams per day" was short sighted.
I believe it was companies selling creatine and it's great for moving product. It's just like protein. Every actual study that I've seen always talks about ingesting anywhere from 1-2 Grams/KILO of BW but ever since I've joined the boards I only see people talking about 1-2 grams/LBS of BW.

AnthonyIOSOS

AnthonyIOSOS

Awards
  • Established
This sounds good to me. I have recently started to learn that sometimes more is not necessary. If we follow this protocol we can save our selves money and possible health issues.

Great information. I am not taking creatine at this time, but I will experiment with this on next cycle through.

qwerty33

qwerty33

Awards
  • Established
This sounds good to me. I have recently started to learn that sometimes more is not necessary. If we follow this protocol we can save our selves money and possible health issues.

Great information. I am not taking creatine at this time, but I will experiment with this on next cycle through.
thanks, also im on creatine now in pct. 2g seems to be working great after the loading

islandmagic

islandmagic

Awards
  • Established
Dam glad I saw this!!! Order Creatine From primordial performance… I was going to just do the protocol loading of Creatine- Since I have read this I am going to try it … I was going to have a log “Called Going Back to the Basics” using Primordial Performance Products… The log is to see if using the basic Supps you can gain Mass with a good diet!!! Great thanks for the read! Look for my log starting this FridaY

My stack is
Toco -8
Creatine
IBCAA
MAP

qwerty33

qwerty33

Awards
  • Established
Dam glad I saw this!!! Order Creatine From primordial performance… I was going to just do the protocol loading of Creatine- Since I have read this I am going to try it … I was going to have a log “Called Going Back to the Basics” using Primordial Performance Products… The log is to see if using the basic Supps you can gain Mass with a good diet!!! Great thanks for the read! Look for my log starting this FridaY

My stack is
Toco -8
Creatine
IBCAA
MAP
sounds good man. a tub of creatine mono from primordial arrived at my door today. Its pure as hell and 200 servings of 5g. so well over a year and half at 2-2.5g a day. send me a pm with your log m8

poison

poison

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Nono, that's bull****! You need pre- post- and intra creatine intake! 10gr a day is good! Swole pumps, brodawg!

:rolleyes: I've been saying 2-5 gr a day is fine for years now, and no one paid any attention. My vagina is feeling sandy.

R1balla

R1balla

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
hahaha awesome. everywhere i have read is 5g daily. now a random site says 2g. whats the proof than in 5g dosage, the other 3g turns into creatinine?