Page 1 of 2 12 Last
  1. New Member
    Stats
    6'0"  245 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    24.63%

advice on stack for 17yr old?

this year all the seniors on our football team at my high school decided we want to have a really good season. we want to get really strong over summer conditioning and wanted to take a really complete stack. were all 16 to 18 years old. since im vaguely educated on this they asked me to do some research and tell them how much it would cost. i want to make sure i get something good... but mostly non hormonal. i researched gaspari`s monster mass stack and it looked almost perfect for our goals.its super pump 250, size on, plasma jet, halodrol-50, novadex xt, and intrapro all for around 200 bucks (we made a deal with our local supp shop).the new halodrol formula is not like the old one because there is no hormones in it. i know there are a lot of people who know more about this than i do.just wondering if this is a good idea or there is something that works better or something better for you so any advice would be greatly appreciated.

2. Professional Member
    Stats
    5'10"  195 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    89.47%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

IMO you are going waaay overboard. Keep your stack basic with the essentials. At your age, most football teams train really hard. But there's no diet considerations in the equation whatsoever. In that case, start with a protein powder. My personal favorites are Axis Clutch Chocolate and ON Mocha.

The next thing you want is strength. Creatine is your can't miss choice and is safe for someone your age. The Gaspari creatine has good feedback so that would be fine. You'll find that there's tons of popular creatines, and in my opinion, most are very similar.

So the protein and creatine are MANDATORY for you in my opinion. The optional inclusion is the preworkout mix. A lot of people like SuperPump, but a lot of people have bad stomach issues with SuperPump as well. You might want to take a look at Axis SMASH or Nutrex Hemo Rage Black... positive feedback is more consistent with the 2 that I suggested instead of the SuperPump.

Finally, Skip the halodrol, skip the plasmajet, skip the Novedex. None of them are necessary for your goals. Remember the supp shop guy's job is convince you that you need his supplements. His job is NOT to make sure they are worth your money and he's not considering your goals.

Finally, take a look at www.nutraplanet.com We all make orders from that site and I'll personally vouch for their good prices and fast shipping.
  3. New Member
    Stats
    6'0"  165 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    17.32%

Just good protein
    •   

4. New Member
    Stats
    6'0"  245 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    24.63%

the reason for the plasma jet is its a nitrous oxide and a lot of the guys wanted to use halodrol to get their mass up and i figured since it was included the nova couldn't hurt since we were taking halodrol(even though its not a ph) anyway... most of the guys have their hearts set on it sort of and the were really excited bout the test boosters thats why i was looking for alternatives if they were safer not really to take them out all together unless its absolutely nessicary
  5. Elite Member
    Stats
    5'9"  201 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    30.79%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting ProPosting Authority

protein and carbs. if you're all out bulking and going for strength, i'd take them pre training, post training, pre gym, and post gym. 25g protein, 50-100g carbs in each. and have a bcaa drink to sip on when thirsty. test boosters won't do a whole lot at your age (at least that's what i've heard - i'm on the fence on this idea), and there's a lot of gains to be gotten from the bare bones basics. keep it simple, keep it cheap, and train hard. once you've gotten all you can from the basics, then add stuff in. not before.

with regards to nitrous oxide, you can increase NO levels by not smoking, and i know some of you guys do that on weekends at parties.
  6. New Member
    Stats
    6'0"  245 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    24.63%

whats a good simple but complete stack then?
  7. Professional Member
    Stats
    5'10"  195 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    89.47%

Quote Originally Posted by myleslup View Post
    most of the guys have their hearts set on it sort of and the were really excited bout the test boosters
    Just because you're excited to take a supplement doesn't mean it's gonna blow you guys up. I bet not one person in this thread will suggest that the test booster is what you need to reach your goals. Same with the nitrous oxide. Choose wisely young man.

Edit: in response to your last post, protein and creatine. It sort of looks like you want to look at a fancy ad and label though so we might not be able to help you???
  8. New Member
    Stats
    6'0"  245 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    24.63%

im not interested in buying the supp with the most hype behind it im interested in buying with the most science behind it ... ive experimented a little and have a vague idea but i was just interested in info from someone who knew more and i know protein and creatine and bcaa is the basics but what brands and where can i get it?
  9. New Member
    Stats
    5'10"  198 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    65.33%

Purus muscle marinade, BCAA's, and a **** ton of food and sleep. Oh yeah, Lots of hard work in the weight pile.
  10. Diamond Member
    Stats
    6'0"  215 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    63.79%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityActivity VeteranPosting ProPosting AuthorityPosting Veteran

whats a good simple but complete stack then?
    You are already on a Test booster...it's called youth!! Now to take advantage of it you need to eat big and within reason clean. Celc is spot on about the protein and creatine. Spend the rest of the stack money on steak and eggs. Your stats say 6'0" 230 so eating doesn't seem to be a problem if the BF% is good to go. Start lifting some heavy compound movements and watch the growth happen young man.
    Always open light. Itís not what you open with, itís what you finish with. Louie Simmons
  11. Diamond Member
    Stats
    6'0"  215 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    63.79%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityActivity VeteranPosting ProPosting AuthorityPosting Veteran

im not interested in buying the supp with the most hype behind it im interested in buying with the most science behind it ... ive experimented a little and have a vague idea but i was just interested in info from someone who knew more and i know protein and creatine and bcaa is the basics but what brands and where can i get it?
    Go to the top of this page and click on STORE...they will have everything you need!!
    Always open light. Itís not what you open with, itís what you finish with. Louie Simmons
  12. New Member
    Stats
    6'0"  245 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    24.63%

generic or brand name?
    and buy bulk ingredients or premixed?
  13. New Member
    Stats
    6'2"  201 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    66.56%

Check out Nutraplanet's bulk BCAA's. They are a good price and I really like the consistency of it. I personally prefer Scivation Whey protein or Optimum Nutrition Gold & Nitro Core, but this is completely a personal preference. It matters little what I like, it matters a great deal what you and your teammates will like. For creatine, there is too many out there really. I am not sure but I think Nutra has a bulk monohydrate, maybe someone else can chime in on that. I personally use BSN Cellmass simply because I've used it for so long it's just habit. I do like the niacin feeling from it though. Hope that helps. Nutraplanet is the place to order from though for sure. You'll get free shipping with a bulk order and I can almost guarantee you will save a ton over what you'd pay at your local nutrition store.
  14. New Member
    Stats
    6'0"  245 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    24.63%

did some research ... which creatine works best?
    kre alkalyn.. dicreatine malate ..ester..or regular monohydrate?
  15. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'11"  190 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    81.03%
    Achievements Posting Pro

Everyone will have their own opinion on this one. My favorite is Creapure Creatine Monohydrate. You can pick it up for a cheap price at Primordial Performance's website.

Also...a GREAT strength supplement is NOS Ether by Get Diesel nutrition. Along with JP8, also by Get Diesel, pre-workout it's a sick combo. But that could get on the pricier side. Then again, if you're smart and don't waste your money on the Halodrol and Novedex XT you'll have plenty of $$ for it. If you decide to look into that:

training days: JP8 pre (most people only need 1 scoop) and NOS Ether post.
    Non-traning days: NOS Ether 2x a day as directed on the container.
  16. New Member
    Stats
    6'0"  245 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    24.63%

thanks i really appreaciate all yalls input i kinda kno what im talkn bout but im no guru like some of yall
  17. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'11"  190 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    81.03%
    Achievements Posting Pro

thanks i really appreaciate all yalls input i kinda kno what im talkn bout but im no guru like some of yall
    re-read my post. I edited it while you replied. NOS Ether and JP8 make a sick one two punch.
  18. Advanced Member
    Stats
    5'7"  190 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    81.8%

Protein and carbs
    Amino Acids
    Vitamins

if you want add some:

Creatine
    Glutamine

What ever happen to old fashioned body building. Every kid wants to jump on every supplement right away. At your age you can see a lot of progress from the basics. Keep the calories healthy and high. Good luck.
  19. Advanced Member
    Stats
    5'11"  195 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    54.03%

gonna throw in my two cents: Protein, carbs, creatine mono, BCAA's. stick with the basics.
  20. Professional Member
    Stats
    5'10"  195 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    89.47%

I personally prefer the monohydrate. Even the prop blends that I like the most are usually based on monohydrate.

The dicreatine malate has good feedback and so does creatine gluconate. Run some searches for those and I'll bet most of the feedback is good for those creatine variations.

I also prefer ON Gold Standard and Axis Clutch. ON has a real good Mocha flavor and the Axis chocolate taste great. Gotta drink shakes every day so they might as well taste good
  21. New Member
    Stats
    6'9"  4 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    16.64%

this year all the seniors on our football team at my high school decided we want to have a really good season. we want to get really strong over summer conditioning and wanted to take a really complete stack. were all 16 to 18 years old. since im vaguely educated on this they asked me to do some research and tell them how much it would cost. i want to make sure i get something good... but mostly non hormonal. i researched gaspari`s monster mass stack and it looked almost perfect for our goals.its super pump 250, size on, plasma jet, halodrol-50, novadex xt, and intrapro all for around 200 bucks (we made a deal with our local supp shop).the new halodrol formula is not like the old one because there is no hormones in it. i know there are a lot of people who know more about this than i do.just wondering if this is a good idea or there is something that works better or something better for you so any advice would be greatly appreciated.
    I seriously think if you're 17, you should forget about all the supps and make all of us older crowd proud by stacking some JB.
    E-Pharm Nutrition Representative
    WARNING: I tend to speak my mind and will verbally assault you if you are a tool. My words do not necessarily represent the official opinion of E-Pharm, but most likely, they do.
  22. New Member
    Stats
    6'0"  245 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    24.63%

What's JB?
  23. New Member
    Stats
    6'9"  4 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    16.64%

What's JB?
    son.........

jailbait
    WARNING: I tend to speak my mind and will verbally assault you if you are a tool. My words do not necessarily represent the official opinion of E-Pharm, but most likely, they do.
  24. Advanced Member
    Stats
    5'7"  190 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    81.8%

Quote Originally Posted by celc5 View Post
    I personally prefer the monohydrate. Even the prop blends that I like the most are usually based on monohydrate.

The dicreatine malate has good feedback and so does creatine gluconate. Run some searches for those and I'll bet most of the feedback is good for those creatine variations.

I also prefer ON Gold Standard and Axis Clutch. ON has a real good Mocha flavor and the Axis chocolate taste great. Gotta drink shakes every day so they might as well taste good
    I to prefer monohydrate over the other forms of creatine. The studies, price and results of monohydrate helped with my decision.

I have also tried Controlled Labs Green Bulge which contains dicreatine malate and Magnesium creatine chelate which worked great for me. Another product I enjoyed would be Sci-Fit Kre-Alkalyn which seems to work great for me. Though I have tried these products I also go back to good ol' creatine monohydrate.
  25. New Member
    Stats
    6'3"  217 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    7.88%

this is the same thing thats happening with my football team for senior year. but there is more use of hormones involved...im pretty mutch trying to figure out what stuff to take (other than protein shakes and creatine) and have been trying to figure out the details on different types of test boosters and overall knowledge on how to get YACKED!
  26. New Member
    Stats
    6'0"  245 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    24.63%

Quote Originally Posted by SexyRexy View Post
    this is the same thing that's happening with my football team for senior year. but there is more use of hormones involved...im pretty much trying to figure out what stuff to take (other than protein shakes and creatine) and have been trying to figure out the details on different types of test boosters and overall knowledge on how to get YACKED!
    hey man id stay away from hormones personalty... u feel good while your on em but as soon as u get off everything stops regardless of what other supp u take and how much you keep at it... and it sorta discourages you so if i was you id stay away from them(i have personalty experimented and its no good)... plus u haven't even peaked test production that's wen your 18-21 years old.. so u don't need test boosters and hormones will mess up your endocrine system especially if you don't pct correct... that's y i didn't want to get my team on anything hormonal it can mess you up that gaspari stack doesn't have much hormonal in it... only nova... that halodrol is non hormonal... i think... but still i don't think were going to take it because everyone on here said it was no good for us...
  27. New Member
    Stats
    5'8"  165 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    48.46%

What high school do you go to? I need to inform your coach to pick up extra small polo shirts for the whole team so you can all start your preppy college frat boy days off right.

Seriously though, if a 17yr old has his heart set on a test booster, he must be making up for something... Like his hypogonadism. Take the advice of the guys here and just use some good protein proteins and make sure you get 8+hrs of sleep and take your vitamins/minerals and amino acids.
  28. New Member
    Stats
    6'9"  4 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    16.64%

Quote Originally Posted by BurghHardcore View Post
    re-read my post. I edited it while you replied. NOS Ether and JP8 make a sick one two punch.
    clear your damn inbox
  29. New Member
    Stats
    6'2"  201 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    66.56%

Quote Originally Posted by Punisher63e View Post
    What high school do you go to? I need to inform your coach to pick up extra small polo shirts for the whole team so you can all start your preppy college frat boy days off right.

Seriously though, if a 17yr old has his heart set on a test booster, he must be making up for something... Like his hypogonadism. Take the advice of the guys here and just use some good protein proteins and make sure you get 8+hrs of sleep and take your vitamins/minerals and amino acids.
    ...Exactly how did that help?
  30. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'11"  190 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    81.03%
    Achievements Posting Pro

Quote Originally Posted by Beejis60 View Post
    clear your damn inbox
    Clear
  31. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'7"  240 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    0.06%

Halodrol and Novadex can screw up your puberty, and leave your hormones screwed up for life. I know you probably think your done with puberty, but when your 24, your not gonna look at 17 years olds as people who are finished developing.
  32. New Member
    Stats
    6'9"  4 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    16.64%

Quote Originally Posted by BurghHardcore View Post
    Clear
    pm sent wrd
  33. New Member
    Stats
    6'0"  167 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    50.19%

isnt hadrol-50 a ph? im not sure, but i would think so or they wouldnt have u taking novadex xt. if u dont want anything hormanal just becareful what your buying
  34. New Member
    Stats
    6'0"  245 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    24.63%

They took the old halodrol 50 off tha market in 04 or 05 but the new stuff is a "Maximal Muscle Myotrophic Developer" but I could be wrong
  35. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'7"  240 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    0.06%

Ya. I know it's different stuff. I would still research wether it affects hormones or not.
  36. New Member
    Stats
    5'10"  235 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    75.11%

food ,food and more food and when you run outta food?drink a protein shake!!!your natural levels should be 2-3x higher than most people on this site!!if thats not enough creatine will help and is safe from what most studies have shown if you respond to it...dont be in such a hurry it takes time and consistancy but will pay off in the end!!
  37. New Member
    Stats
    6'0"  167 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    50.19%

They took the old halodrol 50 off tha market in 04 or 05 but the new stuff is a "Maximal Muscle Myotrophic Developer" but I could be wrong
    listen to kingdong, research the ingredients to make sure its really not hormonal
  38. Professional Member
    Stats
    5'10"  195 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    89.47%

"Maximal Muscle Myotrophic Developer"
    I heard it has micro-crystalization synthesis too
  39. cmc
    Stats
    5'9"  193 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    15.52%

5 shots of onion juice per day. Women love it too.
  40. Board Supporter
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    49.59%

Oh man...to be young again with the knowledge I have now

EAT-LIFT-SLEEP
    REPEAT

My 16yo son is to the point where he is really serious about gaining the weight for football. We are constantly buying bread cause he packs himself 3 PB&J sandwichs to eat between classes along with his lunch. He has packed on 20lbs of lean muscle in the past 4 months without the use of supps, except for the post W/O weightgain shake.

Similar Forum Threads

1. next stack considering? Advice?
    By at1010 in forum Supplements
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 05-09-2010, 12:08 PM
  2. Mass stack advice for hair advice
    By Cupcakemafia in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 12-24-2009, 02:25 AM
  3. Advice on stack
    By mrutah in forum Supplements
    Replies: 2