dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Who else but Rush Limbaugh just got done analyzing and comparing the number of deaths from Ephedra to the number of deaths caused by Smoking and obesity. He made the observation that the 155 deaths over the years have not be conclusively linked to Ephedra, yet they banned it.

He then went on to call the "Nanny State" ridiculous, citing the Ephedra example.

First of all, ::: applause:::

Second of all, whether or not you agree with Rush Limbaugh, it would be great to send an email to him, letting him know that you totally agree with his stance on this isse - and let him know about the pending PH legislation as further example of the growing nanny state.

[email protected]

VanillaGorilla

Awards
  • Established
That reasoning is really a true conservative position. For some reason allot of people think that getting rid of GWB will solve the supplement problem. Even though I consider my self a conservative I have never really liked Rush for some reason. Even when I agree with him there is something about him that puts me off. I am glad that someone in the media has said something intelligent about ephedra though. I was watching Scarborough country a few weeks ago and he called steroids dope. I must say that whole drug thing they tried to get rush on was the biggest bunch of BS. Even if he did do what they said he did.

VanillaGorilla

Awards
  • Established
What's going on with the case against him?

Number 5

Awards
That reasoning is really a true conservative position.
it's a true liberal position as well. i'd send the guy an email, but it might backfire since i'm not american.

as for the case against rush, i may be wrong here (so please correct if you have better info), but as far as i know he has not been charged and he denies having bought the stuff illegally and claims instead to only have taken what his doctor prescribed him.

jjjd

Awards
  • Established
iirc, the case was for "Dr Shopping". basically, that means getting concurrent prescriptions for the same substance (iirc, it was Oxycontin - a schedule II narcotic)) from different doctors. this is a technique that drug seekers use to get prescribed recreational quantities - multiple prescriptions at the same time.

anyways, that was the CLAIM.

fwiw, i have never heard of ANY first time offender getting any time for dr. shopping.

it's considered a "weak charge". at worst, it's probation.

if he even did it in the first place

jjjd

Awards
  • Established
i haven't forgot that. but under the concept of the "rule of law" it would be wrong to give rush a harsher sentence for a given drug crime than others routinely get, merely because of his political views.

VanillaGorilla

Awards
  • Established
Don't forget that even though the conservative viewpoint it to eschew big government (the ephedra thing), Rush is still excited to send everyone up the river for smokin some dope:
JB there is a difference between prescription pain killers and crack and heroine. It's not like they found 100 kilos of coke in the trunk of his car. Rush didn't do a 180 and go cry on Opra that he had a disease.
From what I read on his case is that they basically wanted to go on a fishing expedition with his help and they violated the Doctor patent privacy. It's also funny that the story came out right after he made the comments about McNabb.

jboogie

Awards
JB there is a difference between prescription pain killers and crack and heroine. It's not like they found 100 kilos of coke in the trunk of his car. Rush didn't do a 180 and go cry on Opra that he had a disease.
From what I read on his case is that they basically wanted to go on a fishing expedition with his help and they violated the Doctor patent privacy. It's also funny that the story came out right after he made the comments about McNabb.
Well, my main point was that just because he's not supporting the ephedra ban doesn't mean he's a good guy. He's still all for locking people up and stiff penalties for things like, oh, I dunno, say AAS.

But since we're about to swerve wildly offtopic anyways...

For starters, cocaine is schedule 3, just like dbols. Rush was a stressed out guy not a party person, so he had a preference for OxyContins, which the DEA has as schedule 2 (that means more abuse potential, and less medical value). Heroin is schedule 1, where the "bad" drugs like pot,acid and e hang out.

Interestingly though, there are plenty of sites online that will happily show the "safe" way to slam OC's. My understnading of the qualitative effects of slammed H and slammed OC is that they're very similar.

Now that I've shown the dangerously thin line between OC and heroin, we go back to Rush. Is he crushing them up and injecting them IV? Probably safe to say no.

But is this just a case of the man out to get him? His housekeep says she scored over 4300 pills for him over the course of a month and a half. This would certainly suggest that he was an "abuser".

You claim that he "didn't do a 180 and go cry on Opra that he had a disease". Then why did he go into rahab immediately? If there's one thing that Rush has taught us, drug addiction is clearly NOT a disease. Rehab is useless for a hardened street thug like Rush! He should have been immediately sent to a federal pound-me-in-this-ass prison and they should have thrown away the key. That's the only way these people will learn!

Anyways, I apoligize for posting the most off-topic message ever, but the moral to the story is that Rush Limbaugh is NOT a good guy.

VanillaGorilla

Awards
  • Established
Well, my main point was that just because he's not supporting the ephedra ban doesn't mean he's a good guy. He's still all for locking people up and stiff penalties for things like, oh, I dunno, say AAS.
There are a few issues here. My point was in that link you posted that the drugs he was talking about were mainly heroine and crack which causes people to do pretty stupid things to keep their addiction going. So there is a difference between a crack head and someone who is abusing prescription drugs. I think most people would agree that Rush isn't going to go rob a pharmacy and kill someone in the process.That being said I didn't realize that he was taking Oxy Contins with is similar to heroine.
Then why did he go into rahab immediately? If there's one thing that Rush has taught us, drug addiction is clearly NOT a disease.
My point is he took responsibly for his actions. His said he had a problem that he needed to take care of and went into rehab. The press would have love it if he came out saying he's not responsible for it because it's a disease but he didn't do that.
The second issue is the legality of the way law enforcement handled the cases. My understanding of it is they did some questionable things. If that's the cases it doesn't matter if he did it or not the case should be thrown out. Also people who got in trouble for the same kind of thing usually gets a slap on the wrist. Look at the way Robert Downey Jr. was treated. Why should rush be given more time simply because he is a conservative?

Power Nutrition

Unfortunately, Rushs' opinion to the "average" American, don't mean ****. With him being a so called "user", he's really not an outstanding spokesman. We need Oprah!!!!!!

jjjd

Awards
  • Established
jboogie, get your facts straight.

first of all, cocaine is schedule II (2) not III.

heroin IS schedule I. you are right.

the distinction is that cocaine, like oxy, has a "legitimate medical use". it is used (among other things) in nasal surgery. heroin (in the US) does not have legitimate medical use

the other issue, is how he got them, if illegally at all. Dr. shopping IS illegal. it is also in and of itself, in every jurisdiction i am aware of, treated as a relatively minor drug offense.

IF he is guilty of Dr. shopping, he should get the standard sentence. which, for somebody with no priors is a deferred prosecution at best, probation at worse

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Unfortunately, Rushs' opinion to the "average" American, don't mean ****. With him being a so called "user", he's really not an outstanding spokesman. We need Oprah!!!!!!

Pardon the pun, but Fat Chance getting Oprah...

Rush has over 20,000,000 listeners, MANY of whom are politically vociferous and would contact their local politicians.

We are trying to get Rick Collins to contact Rush and set up and interview on his show to represent the USFA's position.

Email email email - let him know there are ratings to be had.

jboogie

Awards
jboogie, get your facts straight.

first of all, cocaine is schedule II (2) not III.
I double checked and you are correct, the yayo is schedule II. My apologies, I stand corrected. :)

jjjd

Awards
  • Established
all one needs to do is get a prescription for cocaine and you can snort away! :)

i have heard MD's are a little reluctant to prescribe it, though.

i wonder why. :l

iirc, oxycontin was ORIGINALLY schedule III but was bumped to schedule II due to all the idiots who were crushing and snorting it (hillbilly heroin) a fair # of whom were OD'ing.

OC is a very effective opiate. I would hope that the minority of people who abuse it would not negatively affect those who NEED it legitimately.

VanillaGorilla

Awards
  • Established
We are trying to get Rick Collins to contact Rush and set up and interview on his show to represent the USFA's position.
That would be pretty cool if that would happen, has Rick Collins said any thing about it yet?
I heard the company that makes stackers are the only one fighting the ephedrine ban. They had a story on the news that they were trying to get a judge to put a hold on the ban until it's appealed. Has any one heard if the judge has ruled on it or not yet?

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Judge ruled against Stacker.

bioman

bioman

Awards
  • Established
I really don't see the point in picking and choosing what talking head we want as an ally. Rush, Oprah, Sally..who the frick cares. At this point we need all the friends we can get..even if some of them don't agree with every aspect of our agenda.

This IS the 11th hour and we don't have the luxury of being selective.

jweave23

Awards
  • Established
I really don't see the point in picking and choosing what talking head we want as an ally. Rush, Oprah, Sally..who the frick cares. At this point we need all the friends we can get..even if some of them don't agree with every aspect of our agenda.

This IS the 11th hour and we don't have the luxury of being selective.
I agree. I think Rush is a moronic, outspoken, small-minded fool with a loud mouth, and a talent for broadcasting. He represents bascially everything I despise in conservatives, but will I (in a shallow and vain attempt for a personal interest in the ephedra ban) respect his opinion on this issue. ;)

VanillaGorilla

Awards
  • Established
I agree. I think Rush is a moronic, outspoken, small-minded fool with a loud mouth, and a talent for broadcasting. He represents basically everything I despise in conservatives
You can't really say he is a moron. Rush may be many things but he's not stupid except maybe for that whole Mcnabb thing. I don't know that you can say he is small minded either. What you basically said was you disagree with his views so that makes him stupid. I can think of many examples on the other side of "moronic, outspoken, small-minded fool with a loud mouth" on the other side. The bottom line is Rush has been pretty much the only one in the media that I know of that actually was some what intelligent when talking about it. I think most of the main stream media (who are to the left of Lenin) would share you're opinion of Rush. If people with that political view are so smart why haven't they done an intelligent story about ephedrine or at least presented both sides of the issue? Instead all they do is sensational negative stories on most supplements. Hell, even with creatine they say the side effects aren't known but it leads to cramping.

dsade

dsade

NutraPlanet Fanatic
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
lifted

lifted

Awards
  • Established

But since we're about to swerve wildly offtopic anyways...

For starters, cocaine is schedule 3, just like dbols. Rush was a stressed out guy not a party person, so he had a preference for OxyContins, which the DEA has as schedule 2 (that means more abuse potential, and less medical value). Heroin is schedule 1, where the "bad" drugs like pot,acid and e hang out.

Interestingly though, there are plenty of sites online that will happily show the "safe" way to slam OC's. My understnading of the qualitative effects of slammed H and slammed OC is that they're very similar.

Now that I've shown the dangerously thin line between OC and heroin, we go back to Rush. Is he crushing them up and injecting them IV? Probably safe to say no.

But is this just a case of the man out to get him? His housekeep says she scored over 4300 pills for him over the course of a month and a half. This would certainly suggest that he was an "abuser".

You claim that he "didn't do a 180 and go cry on Opra that he had a disease". Then why did he go into rahab immediately? If there's one thing that Rush has taught us, drug addiction is clearly NOT a disease. Rehab is useless for a hardened street thug like Rush! He should have been immediately sent to a federal pound-me-in-this-ass prison and they should have thrown away the key. That's the only way these people will learn!

Anyways, I apoligize for posting the most off-topic message ever, but the moral to the story is that Rush Limbaugh is NOT a good guy.
BUMP...Good post, and I agree with you 100%...well said.. ;)