Onion Juice....the next Steroid? WTF

Whacked

Whacked

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
http://www.ergo-log.com/onionjuice.html

Onion Juice triples Testosterone levels

Think of a dirt-cheap vegetable you can buy at every greengrocers and supermarket. Put it in a juicer, give the juice to rats for three weeks, and watch their testosterone level rise by 314 percent. According to research done at Tabriz University in Iran, fresh onion juice raises testosterone levels as much as substances like nolvadex or clomid.

In Iran many men who have fertility problems can’t afford to buy medicine. That’s why Iranian researchers are looking for alternatives to medicines like NAC and selenium. Studies show that antioxidants can increase production of testosterone and sperm in the testes. Studies have also shown that onions contain strong antioxidants. So the researchers put two and two together and bought ordinary onions – Latin name Allium cepa – on the market. They peeled the onions and put them in a domestic juicer made by Tefal. The juice they got is what they used in their trials.

Their subjects were a group of 8-week-old male rats. Of these, 10 were given ordinary food for 20 days. [Control] Ten other rats got 0.5 g per kg bodyweight of onion

juice, which was pumped into their stomachs using a tube. Another 10 rats were given the same treatment, but got 1 g/kg bodyweight/day.

The table below shows that after 20 days the onion juice had improved the sperm quality and increased the concentration of LH, FSH and testosterone in the rats’ blood.

Malondialdehyde is a mutagenic substance that is produced when free radicals damage the unsaturated fatty acids in cell membranes. The reduction in malondialdehyde concentrations that the researchers found indicates how the onion juice increases testosterone production: antioxidants in onion juice neutralise free radicals in the testes. The researchers suspect that the antioxidants in question are probably selenium compounds found in onions, and phenols such as quercetin and isorhamnetin [structural formulae shown above]. Isorhamnetin is also made in the body when enzymes convert quercetine with the help of S-adenosylmethionine.

The Iranian findings are not completely new. As long ago as 1967 an Egyptian researcher discovered that the testes of lab animals fed raw onion juice increase in size. At the moment there are quite a few animal studies which report that high doses of polyphenols like quercetin have a positive effect on the testes. But the effect of these is not as big as that of plain onion juice.

Source:
Folia Morphol (Warsz). 2009 Feb; 68(1): 45-51.

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
look for the price of onions to skyrocket.:439:

Xpballer

Awards
  • Established
**** all that.... i have to chop 70lbs of onions every other day at my job.... i wear two latex gloves on each hand, and my hands still STINK OF ONION days later.

Ill pass on this.

TheLastRonin

TheLastRonin

Awards
  • Established
Feed it to the rats. Eat the rats whole. Protein+onion power haha.

p5sky

p5sky

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
can I rub the onions directly on my sack, a homemade transdermal? Or just put some onions in the undies, its a 2fer: 1) onions increase test, 2) sack looks HUUUUGE

matthias7

matthias7

Awards
  • Established
I am already checking this one out.... heaving down antioxidants and then checking test levels.

I'm not detox-ing on onion rats however, so I guess my efforts are a waste of time.

Transdermal rat - at least you don't ingest the ears, claws and eyes - you leave them sticking to your skin. Pagan Europe did this with bears/wolves (well fur anyway) - suspect they might have tried rats but found it didn't boost test: MrBig probably used a bear, MrSmaller used a wolf, MrSmallerStill a fox and you guys want rats?

suncloud

suncloud

Awards
  • Established
mc onion-rat nuggets :) it counters the transfat....

oh God, now i'm violently ill.

soontobbeast

Awards
  • Established
so i wonder how many concentrated drops of onion juice would be the equivalent to what they used?

LG Sciences

LG Sciences

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
This was actually kind of already known, it is in the literature, but no company is going to sell onion powder so drink up!

AE14

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
onions give me rancid gas, I am going to pass here. ;)

matthias7

matthias7

Awards
  • Established
Or just put some onions in the undies,
If you're gonna do this MAKE SURE the onions go in the front of the undies ... not the rear.

Also make sure there is more than one and not three or more.

futrochem

futrochem

Awards
Just got my juicer today... Day one of ginger/onion juice. My eyes teared for about 30 mins and I thought I was going to puke for 15 mins of that. but im alive and will be drinking another tomorrow.
PS ginger has been shown to be androgenic thats why i threw it in.

Dosing- ginger: 600mg/kg of bw onion:1g/kg is optimal but there is no way I am drinking over a pound of onion juice. Ill do 1-2 onions a day

omni

omni

Awards
  • Established
Joking aside, I'm intrigued by this but did the rats smell like onions? Onion rat with garlic shampoo...hmm how much protien is in a rat?

Bionic

Bionic

Awards
  • Established
Just got my juicer today... Day one of ginger/onion juice. My eyes teared for about 30 mins and I thought I was going to puke for 15 mins of that. but im alive and will be drinking another tomorrow.
PS ginger has been shown to be androgenic thats why i threw it in.

Dosing- ginger: 600mg/kg of bw onion:1g/kg is optimal but there is no way I am drinking over a pound of onion juice. Ill do 1-2 onions a day
??? It would only be 3.6 oz.

andrew732

andrew732

Awards
  • Established
My question is how much onions are needed to get the desired effect? too lazy to do math lol

Bionic

Bionic

Awards
  • Established
My question is how much onions are needed to get the desired effect? too lazy to do math lol
You need a gm of juice per kilo of BW for, at least, 21 days. You can't say how may onions you'd need because there's no standard amount of juice per onion.

suncloud

suncloud

Awards
  • Established
i hope someone that's really bored runs a log of onion juice for 30+ days.

massive reps if someone is willing to put up smelling like this for a month.

i'll double the reps if you include rats....

andrew732

andrew732

Awards
  • Established
You need a gm of juice per kilo of BW for, at least, 21 days. You can't say how may onions you'd need because there's no standard amount of juice per onion.
Dang, I need at least 77gs of onion juice a day LOL, that is a crap load.

ProteinMurder

Awards
  • Established
I LOVE dogs, and they call them mans best friend (rightly so) but seriously......where would Western medicine be without Rats/mice?? :D

MMAnabolics

MMAnabolics

Awards
How's aboot adding spinach, broccoli and tumeric?
and beer.....
^_^

soontobbeast

Awards
  • Established
LOL, how much is a lb of onions?

i would buy the onion juice they sell. just type onion juice in google shopping.

would make it alot easier than eating that many damn onions

futrochem

futrochem

Awards
for the onion I would need 1g/kg @ 100kgs I need 100 grams which would be 3.6 oz by like you said... I wasn't thinkin and was doing 28g in a lb not oz. but it will be 3.6oz by weight not volume. I have a food scale I will measure it out by weight today and start logging this. But it is the ginger that i am most exzcited about it increased prostate weight in rats = androgenic. It also increased teste weight as well.

So I will do 2.14 oz by weight of ginger
and 3.6oz by weight of onion

Bionic

Bionic

Awards
  • Established
Are you going to eat a measured chunk of ginger? Juice it? What's the protocol? Ginger has other good properties.

futrochem

futrochem

Awards
I will zero the scale with a cup on it and add the juice(from juicer) by weight

Enjineer

Awards
I've heard from many people that you should reduce the dose that provided benefits in rats 6 times in order to get an equivilent effect in humans... So this means you only need .16 grams of onion juice per Kg of bodyweight to illicit the same response found in rats... Should make this more reasonable... Also, it would be nice if there was a way to extract teh antioxidant responsible for t boost and put it in like a capsule or something :) Dunno if that is even possible but maybe something for entreprenuers to look into?

Jurassic

Jurassic

Awards
What about garlic? It supposedly has one of the most powerful antioxidants "Allicin" which is available in capsule form. Somebody could try mega-dosing on that.

Jurassic

Jurassic

Awards
Could onion powder work as apposed to the onion juice?
3lb's for ~15 USD
Could stack it with Allicin :D

RoadBlocK

RoadBlocK

Awards
  • Established
I've heard from many people that you should reduce the dose that provided benefits in rats 6 times in order to get an equivilent effect in humans... So this means you only need .16 grams of onion juice per Kg of bodyweight to illicit the same response found in rats... Should make this more reasonable... Also, it would be nice if there was a way to extract teh antioxidant responsible for t boost and put it in like a capsule or something :) Dunno if that is even possible but maybe something for entreprenuers to look into?
Interesting, that would definitely change the dynamics of the plan.

Enjineer

Awards
Interesting, that would definitely change the dynamics of the plan.
:) Would be nice to have some cheap, safe pills that increased T by 3x... I'd be on those 365 days a year lol... But seriously, i'm considering trying this onion juice thing for a month or two to see how profound the T boost really is in humans... Will feel like an idiot explaining myself to my soon to be puzzled family though... "im drinking onions to make me stronger"

Celso

Awards
Correction: you would have to eat ONLY 65 grams of raw UNWASHED onion (if you weigh 90kg), to give you 59grams of onion juice , Wich is the dose used in the studies (4g/kg bw. rats converted to daily human dose is about 59 grams of onion juice).... that'it... it's 59grams onion juice TOTAL.. daily... If you guys stop and think about that's TOTALLY EASY. I've seen lots of guys drink absurd quantities og onion juice to get the effect.. I saw a.guy in a forum that was drinking HALF A KILO of onion juice.. a week later he was going through accurate situations everywhere because of his breath breath and body odor. Not to mention that if you take high doses of something that has such a strong hormonal impact like onions, I'm sure there are negative rebound related to overdosing.i saw a guy in a forum that ate onion and after sometime eating them his little partner down there was so hard that it was almost hurting him. That's all fine and dandy, but he said that after some more time using them( he didn't say how much time) his erections got weaker. Wich means that, depending on the impact it has on your hormones, you HAVE TO CICLE ONION.....

Another thing: Why do you guys think that practically nobody sticks with this onion experiment.. because they think they have to eat like 3 onion a day to work when that's not true.. if you have a kitchen scale and measure 65 grams of onion you would be surprised of how little it is.. I've been eating for a week and I think it's doing something.. my erections are a little better lately, but it's too soon to notice something more dramatic. So guys , I HIGHLY RECOMMEND EATING 65 GRAMS OF ONION A DAY, RAW AND ***UNWASHED***

And certainly the smell wouldn't be such a issue with that dose..