Need answers! Best protein for the dollar!!???

1. New Member
    Stats
    6'3"  282 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    95.5%

Need answers! Best protein for the dollar!!???

OK well since joining these forums and going through a lot of posts I have come to the conclusion that when I run out of my whey protein I should look into something I can get from somewhere other than GNC. I currently use wheabolic and gold standard. what is the hands down best protein for your money? and why?

2. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    3.25%

best protien ma friend would be whey it self...but do try doin a bit of research...cnt help much in the protien side...cuz not much fan of protien picks..i personally go for carb intakes...!! i will name one...weider megamass 4000, best for the price...u seem neew to exercises and u seem slim aswell for ur height..hope it helped...best of luck mate
  3. Professional Member
    Stats
    5'7"  172 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    26%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityPosting Pro

I am liking Gaspari Myofusion. The flavors are good in either milk or water and they mix nicely. The protein blend is ideal with Concentrate, Isolate, Albumin, and Milk Isolate. It costs .62/25g protein, $40 for 5 lbs

another solid choice is LG Lipotropic Protein at .45/25g protein. I have many reviews but have to try it so I wont personally say "go for it". It is next on my list, especially for $30 for 5lbs
    -OMEGA RecoverBro-
    When an omega male is born it's game over

•   

4. Senior Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    76.58%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

I would suggest you to go make your own blend through True Protein.
    You can finely tune the protein sources to your needs.

Other than that, I use Myofusion, and IDS Multi-whey.
  5. New Member
    Stats
    5'7"  165 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    44.27%

A local alternative...Body Fortress whey at Walmart @$16/2.2lbs,52G P/ serv. which is 2 scoops at 34G/scoop, 13 serv./tub, with an amino acid profile superior/comparable to supp.s like Jacked 3D, and 6G creatine/serv. ....considering I consume 2 servings/4 scoops a day....

That LG Lipotropic Protein does look good)))...superior
  6. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'3"  215 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    91.23%
    Achievements Posting Pro

Quote Originally Posted by p5sky View Post
    I am liking Gaspari Myofusion. The flavors are good in either milk or water and they mix nicely. The protein blend is ideal with Concentrate, Isolate, Albumin, and Milk Isolate. It costs .62/25g protein, $40 for 5 lbs

another solid choice is LG Lipotropic Protein at .45/25g protein. I have many reviews but have to try it so I wont personally say "go for it". It is next on my list, especially for $30 for 5lbs
    Myofusion exactly what i was going to suggest i actually picked up a 5 lb tub of it for 26$!!!! thats about .39/25g without a doubt the cheapest ive seen and and it tastes fantastic i have Delicous Vanilla and it tastes like ice cream in milk.
  7. Advanced Member
    Stats
    6'4"  235 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    55.06%

For all your future supps, DO NOT GO TO GNC!!!! they are a huge waste of money and sell everything to the ignorant masses for 10-20 more than most...I use amazon and usually find the cheapest possible there...good luck and keep pumping, brother...
  8. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    77.21%

BiPro unflavored whey protein...BEST protein for the money. Google biprousa/com
  9. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'1"  228 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    68.26%
    Achievements Posting Pro

Dymatize whey Isolate. You are getting Isolate protein 2lbs for 19.99 at Vitamin shoppe. I have tried Lipotropic protein, and its nasty. I would also just look at what is on sale at your local Vitamin Shoppe, or online. There are plenty of sales here at Nutraplanet.com
  10. Senior Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    55.97%
    Achievements Posting Pro

Dymatize Elite Gourmet Protein - Great taste, mixes easily, and a 5 lb. container (70+ servings) costs around $30.

I'd suggest checking out Amazon due to their "Free Super Saver Shipping." Basically, if you buy items sold directly through Amazon or a sponsored counterpart, orders over $25 are eligible for the FSSS discount.
  11. The BPS Rep
    Stats
    6'4"  280 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    84.39%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityPosting ProPosting Authority

Quote Originally Posted by cflight View Post
    A local alternative...Body Fortress whey at Walmart @$16/2.2lbs,52G P/ serv. which is 2 scoops at 34G/scoop, 13 serv./tub, with an amino acid profile superior/comparable to supp.s like Jacked 3D, and 6G creatine/serv. ....considering I consume 2 servings/4 scoops a day....

That LG Lipotropic Protein does look good)))...superior
    Just be forewarned that Body Fortress already includes creatine at a non-disclosed amount, so some of that 52g protein is actually just creatine and not whole protein.

I used it for a while, but ultimately price and quality dictates my protein purchases. Considering it comes from Walmart/Target, I wouldn't bank on the quality, and you can find better prices online.

Quote Originally Posted by jumpshot903 View Post
    Myofusion exactly what i was going to suggest i actually picked up a 5 lb tub of it for 26$!!!! thats about .39/25g without a doubt the cheapest ive seen and and it tastes fantastic i have Delicous Vanilla and it tastes like ice cream in milk.
    Wow man. If I could find it for that price, I'd buy it definitely. There's no way though that I'd pay $40 for 5lb of it, though. I've tried several samples and it's decent in flavor, but no way worth $8/lb.

Quote Originally Posted by JohnT View Post
    BiPro unflavored whey protein...BEST protein for the money. Google biprousa/com
    Gonna go look this up.

My stash of protein typically consists of proteinfactory (like true protein but offer free shipping pretty regularly) and LG Lipotropic. LG's protein isn't nasty, their new chocolate is the best chocolate I've ever had.
    Bulk Performance Solutions
    --No Proprietary Blends, All Performance--

***NOW @ NP***
  12. New Member
    Stats
    6'3"  282 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    95.5%

im not so much worried about flavor. im looking for something that is high in protein per serving and highly absorbable.
  13. Professional Member
    Stats
    5'10"  235 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    75.66%

If you want just straight whey then I would go with All The Whey's proteins. If you want a blend then you should check out either True Protein to make a custom blend or Combat Powder by the company I work for, Muscle Pharm. I just figured it out and its $0.67 per 25g's of protein, which will give you whey, casein, egg, bcaa's, and a digestive enzymes so you don't get the bloated gassy feeling of many powders.
  14. Professional Member
    Stats
    5'7"  172 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    26%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityPosting Pro

Quote Originally Posted by WeRk2pLaY View Post
    im not so much worried about flavor. im looking for something that is high in protein per serving and highly absorbable.
    I doubt that you can create measurable gains by using one protein over another if we are talking basic protein supps.

My strength and recovery were greater by using protein A vs. protein B . . . . NOT

Most are blends of concentrate and whey isolate so not much difference, some may have egg and casein blended as well. For me it does come down to $/lb and flavor.
    -OMEGA RecoverBro-
    When an omega male is born it's game over

15. Board Moderator
    Never enough
    Stats
    5'10"  205 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    49.84%
    Achievements Activity VeteranActivity RoyaltyActivity ProActivity AuthorityPosting Pro

cans of chunk light tuna are cheapest overall in terms of grams of protein per $.
  16. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'1"  228 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    68.26%
    Achievements Posting Pro

Ok, All good points. I have been using Dymatize Isolate, post workout, and Infusion between meals when needed and before bed. I take tuna on the ship with me when we go to sea to eat between meals with some ready rice. Rightnow though, its time to eat.
  17. Advanced Member
    Stats
    5'10"  264 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    50.41%

MRM i got 15 ibs for $90 taste like $hit.good no bloat if mixed with water.i keep some around.i do not see 15 ibs around right now.
  18. New Member
    Stats
    5'11"  190 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    61.97%

Switched from ON gold to LG Lipotropic Protein and glad i did. 30 bucks for 5lbs and a good tasting protein with a good profile.
  19. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'1"  228 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    68.26%
    Achievements Posting Pro

I have enough taste issues with diet food. At least my protein powder can taste good. I will be eating my diet food pre-contest for 14 weeks. I want my protein to taste good, so I will choose one that is. If its not so great I can use it to make smoothies in the blender.

Today is Chest, calves, abs. Its almost time to work.
  20. New Member
    Stats
    6'5"  215 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    33.58%

whatever is on sale at wheycheap.com
  21. New Member
    Stats
    6'1"  238 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    91.15%

I have a Sam's Club right next to my office. EAS, $30, 5 lb bag. Choc or vanilla. Used it for years. I'm burly, it works fine. No shipping or handling charges if you have one near you. Profile is good. OCCASSIONALLY my bud at GNC calls me when they have a 5 or 6 lb tub of something that is going to expire soon, then it gets real cheap. Keep an eye out for those orange tags on nearly expired items, or get friendly w/ someone that works there. This is the ONLY time to get real bargains at GNC.
  22. New Member
    Stats
    6'0"  225 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    31.05%

Quote Originally Posted by jumpshot903 View Post
    Were you get it for that cheap!!!?!?!?! iam alsmot running out and would like some more
  23. New Member
    Stats
    6'5"  215 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    33.58%

Quote Originally Posted by Andy G View Post
    I have a Sam's Club right next to my office. EAS, $30, 5 lb bag. Choc or vanilla. Used it for years. I'm burly, it works fine. No shipping or handling charges if you have one near you. Profile is good. OCCASSIONALLY my bud at GNC calls me when they have a 5 or 6 lb tub of something that is going to expire soon, then it gets real cheap. Keep an eye out for those orange tags on nearly expired items, or get friendly w/ someone that works there. This is the ONLY time to get real bargains at GNC.
    yea. you can get EAS protein at sam's club for 29.99 with tax for 76 servings.
  24. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    45.84%

TrueProtein. Cold filtered isolate for around $7.50 per pound. No carbs no fat and no blends with inferior types of protein.
  25. The BPS Rep
    Stats
    6'4"  280 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    84.39%

Quote Originally Posted by ahendi View Post
    TrueProtein. Cold filtered isolate for around $7.50 per pound. No carbs no fat and no blends with inferior types of protein.
    Except that's not the actual price. You have to factor in shipping, and theirs is high. Also, if you live in California, like I did when I ordered from them, you get hit with sales tax too. Ouch.

Their protein is good, but the "extra" charges just aren't worth it, IMO. If they had a free shipping sale now and then, I'd be all over them.

***NOW @ NP***
  26. New Member
    Stats
    6'3"  282 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    95.5%

Ok so I checked out the true protein website and am more lost now than before. I have been taking protein supplements to xbulk up since I was 18, but I guess I never realized how many different types there were! Do date I really have only taken whey isolate. What's the deal with all the other types and why might they be better choices?
  27. Advanced Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    68.19%

Dymatize Whey Isolate or All The Whey. Both taste good and sell for very reasonable prices.

Quality wise, so far I'm really impressed with Primordial Performance Max Absorbed Protein.
  28. Advanced Member
    Stats
    5'11"  228 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    9.54%

I use the Canadian version of all the whey. I like the Isolate that uses stevia. No garbage in it, mixes great, tastes great. My fave is mixing banana with strawberry. =D
  29. Advanced Member
    Stats
    5'10"  264 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    50.41%

Ok so I checked out the true protein website and am more lost now than before. I have been taking protein supplements to xbulk up since I was 18, but I guess I never realized how many different types there were! Do date I really have only taken whey isolate. What's the deal with all the other types and why might they be better choices?
    i am a big casein fan if i work out hard late in the day take some casein before bed and feel great in the morning.i also use it if i get done working out and i am not going to have a good meal for awhile (going fishing.drive somewhere hunting).
  30. New Member
    Stats
    5'9"  174 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    75.29%

AVOID GNC!

Everything sold there is atleast $15-$25 more than what you would find at a Vitamin Shoppe, BB.com, Amazon, etc..and that included your "Gold Card" discount as well.

As far as the BEST protein, it's definitely whey, but if you're looking to add serious mass to your frame I would suggest using a weight gainer like True Mass from BSN. If not, then the best protein for the price would be 100% On Whey, if you're looking for best taste do Syntha-6 by BSN.
  31. New Member
    Stats
    5'9"  174 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    75.29%

The only difference between all the different proteins is the time they take to digest. Whey is the only way to go because whey protein digests immediately. Remember, if you're trying to bulk up, it's better to try a mass gainer (True Mass and Cytogainer ftw), don't do Mass-Tech by MuscleTech btw. If you're truly trying to add mass, you also need tons of food, more than you would normally eat. Go to Bodybuilding.com, there are several mass gain diets you could benefit from.
  32. The BPS Rep
    Stats
    6'4"  280 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    84.39%

Quote Originally Posted by TheLastRonin View Post
    I use the Canadian version of all the whey. I like the Isolate that uses stevia. No garbage in it, mixes great, tastes great. My fave is mixing banana with strawberry. =D
    ATW has a Stevia-sweetened Isolate? That is news indeed!

Quote Originally Posted by seancho View Post
    The only difference between all the different proteins is the time they take to digest. Whey is the only way to go because whey protein digests immediately. Remember, if you're trying to bulk up, it's better to try a mass gainer (True Mass and Cytogainer ftw), don't do Mass-Tech by MuscleTech btw. If you're truly trying to add mass, you also need tons of food, more than you would normally eat. Go to Bodybuilding.com, there are several mass gain diets you could benefit from.
    Um, no they don't. Gainers suck: overpriced maltodextrin plus whey concentrate = empty calories with massive insulin AUCs, resulting in fat gain with no nutritive value other that a bit of protein. Just eat calorie dense, nutritive food - avocado, coconut, nuts, olive oil, homemade chili, etc.

BB.com's advice is rarely knowledgable. I have read so much garbage in their "articles" I don't even know where to begin. There are occasional exceptions and I get really excited about those, but they are a rarity.

Additionally, whey doesn't digest "immediately." It takes about ~40min to begin hitting the bloodstream, IIRC. If you mean it begins digesting immediately, well that is true of every food you eat - they all begin digesting as soon as they hit the stomach, they just are processed at different rates.

I don't mean to be negative, there just happened to be a lot of things in this post I disagree with. Nor should you take this as a personal attack.

***NOW @ NP***
  33. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'11"  222 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    19.65%

Quote Originally Posted by Cooky32 View Post
    Dymatize whey Isolate. You are getting Isolate protein 2lbs for 19.99 at Vitamin shoppe. I have tried Lipotropic protein, and its nasty. I would also just look at what is on sale at your local Vitamin Shoppe, or online. There are plenty of sales here at Nutraplanet.com
    are you referring to the original, all-gema protein?.. or the new protein mix that includes whey etc?
  34. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'1"  215 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    50.33%
    Achievements Posting Pro

beef by far
  35. New Member
    Stats
    6'3"  217 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    13.75%

i use mass complex by Nutek and mix with a high protein ratioed powder and with this anyone can become agg!!!!
  36. Advanced Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    86.72%

jack mackerel, mad protein, cheaper than tuna

Similar Forum Threads

1. 15 dollar superdrol
    By mgccc5715 in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 05-16-2011, 06:29 PM
  2. Replies: 26
    Last Post: 03-29-2010, 02:01 AM