Best pre-workout stim for evening workouts? (i.e. still able to sleep!)

Page 2 of 2 First 12
  1. New Member
    Stats
    6'1"  260 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    32.16%

If you are looking for a stimulant that gives you enough kick to allow focus, concentration and muscle output, then try Neuro Awaken XT. I like it as it gives me mental focus, without feeling wired like being on coffee. Rather, I feel that I am more in control of my workout, muscle contraction, lowering the weights with full control, more energy and endurance. It could be the Carnitines in there (GPLC, ALCAR and Carnitine-L-Tartrate) with the vinpocetine and DMAE. Another one I liked was FocusFactor, a friend recommended this. The only problem with that was the need for 8 pills to get an effect which is not cost effective.

If you want to go a cheaper route, then just get a concentrate B-Complex, take with Carnitine and Chromium Picolinate.

Good Luck

2. Elite Member
    Stats
    6'0"  218 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    98.37%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting ProPosting Authority

Quote Originally Posted by MrDeadlift View Post
    If you are looking for a stimulant that gives you enough kick to allow focus, concentration and muscle output, then try Neuro Awaken XT. I like it as it gives me mental focus, without feeling wired like being on coffee. Rather, I feel that I am more in control of my workout, muscle contraction, lowering the weights with full control, more energy and endurance. It could be the Carnitines in there (GPLC, ALCAR and Carnitine-L-Tartrate) with the vinpocetine and DMAE. Another one I liked was FocusFactor, a friend recommended this. The only problem with that was the need for 8 pills to get an effect which is not cost effective.

If you want to go a cheaper route, then just get a concentrate B-Complex, take with Carnitine and Chromium Picolinate.

Good Luck
    Just read the profile on the Neuro Awaken, very impressive to say the least. This is something I would love to see NP carry, looks like a no BS excellent profile.
  3. Diamond Member
    Stats
    5'8"   lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    43.32%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityPosting ProPosting AuthorityPosting Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by afboy143 View Post
    keeping this thread going as I am in this boat too. ASGT- anyone know the stim effect of this? Jack3d doesn't keep me awake if I only take 1 scoop. Was thinking of stacking TT-33 with Anadraulic Pump. Any ideas with all the new pre-workout supps out now?
    It's a tough call there. ASGT gets me crazy amped and driven, but not necessarily "cracked out." - It's hard to describe. Jack3d at 1sc is certainly less potent than 1sc of ASGT, so I'd be careful. Awesome pre-workout, but if you're worried about staying up late, it's a legit concern. Haha - Anadraulic Pump is great to use at night.

It's up to you man.
    •   

4. Elite Member
    Stats
    6'0"  218 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    98.37%

Quote Originally Posted by Irish Cannon View Post
    It's a tough call there. ASGT gets me crazy amped and driven, but not necessarily "cracked out." - It's hard to describe. Jack3d at 1sc is certainly less potent than 1sc of ASGT, so I'd be careful. Awesome pre-workout, but if you're worried about staying up late, it's a legit concern. Haha - Anadraulic Pump is great to use at night.

It's up to you man.
    As an avid AS-GT user like Irish, I can say that you would be wary of dosing more than 1 scoop after say 6 PM if you want to be asleep by 11; or you could take some melatonin if sleep is not coming easily (works great for me). I can take as much as 1.5 scoops up until 5 PM and be able to sleep by around 11 PM, anything later and the caffeine can interfere with my sleep cycle.

Anadraulic Pump on the other hand is a perfect low stim compromise that even at 5 scoops will allow you to sleep within a few hours of dosing it. I could take it at 6 PM sometimes and be out by 10:30 no problem, the geranium wares off and I would start to get tired relatively quick after that.
  5. Board Sponsor
    Stats
    6'0"  190 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    44.55%

Good Luck
    Cool stuff, just a comment: I'm pretty sure picolinate suck donkey balls. You want chloride, non-toxic and more effective.

http://lpi.oregonstate.edu/infocenter/minerals/chromium/

http://www.mendosa.com/chromium.htm
  6. New Member
    Stats
    6'1"  195 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    59.01%

i use premax at night during the week. 9.00pm work outs and i think it is one of the best. saturday or sunday i use astgt its pretty good stuff
  7. Advanced Member
    Stats
    6'1"  272 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    71.97%

Good Luck
    Probably going to be switching to evening workouts soon and this sounds good.

Also keeping the thread going. I'm sure i'm not the only one who is tired of sleepless nights.
  8. Advanced Member
    Stats
    6'1"  272 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    71.97%

Quote Originally Posted by poison View Post
    Cool stuff, just a comment: I'm pretty sure picolinate suck donkey balls. You want chloride, non-toxic and more effective.

http://lpi.oregonstate.edu/infocente...rals/chromium/

http://www.mendosa.com/chromium.htm
    Is the picolinate really that bad?

I've been using it for a while now and found it gives me quite a good boost both mentally and physically. Very cheap to.
  9. Diamond Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    23.5%
    Achievements Activity AuthorityActivity ProActivity VeteranActivity RoyaltyPosting Pro

Strong bumps, but Focus XT Caffeine-Free will give you infinitely more stim-free energy than chromium picolinate lol
    http://pescience.com/
    http://selectprotein.com/
    The above is my own opinion and does not reflect the opinion of PES
  10. Advanced Member
    Stats
    6'1"  272 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    71.97%

Quote Originally Posted by mr.cooper69 View Post
    Strong bumps, but Focus XT Caffeine-Free will give you infinitely more stim-free energy than chromium picolinate lol
    Nice. I've been looking at products like these since our DMAA ban.

Sugar Free and Caffeine Free are a big plus for me to.

Caffeine really gives me the jitters which i always found strange since i tolerated ephedra and DMAA quite well.
  11. New Member
    Stats
    5'10"  180 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    30.63%
    Achievements Activity Pro

Sulbutiamine is the only small stimulant I could recommend -- one that is mainly a small focus agent if anything; however, I'd also tell you to look towards non-stims for your pre.

MAN Clout & Body Octane, SNS FocusXT (stim free), iForce Hemavol, Omega Sports Ultima, Genomyx Protocol v2

Swagger was dropped ITT, and while it's a great supplement -- it has several ingredients that would typically interfere with sleep dosed so close to bed, primarily DMAA.

edit: Holy 2010.
    GENOMYX ~ Where Evolution Begins
    Neddo ~ Forum Representative
    http://www.nutraplanet.com/manufacturer/genomyx/
  12. Diamond Member
    Stats
    5'9"  217 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    57.64%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityActivity VeteranPosting ProPosting Authority

I get good energy from Condense and by the time I'm done working out and have a post workout meal, I'm back normal and relaxed. Workout 7-8 and I'm asleep by 10
    Controlled Labs Board Rep
    sean@ControlledLabs.com
    CONTROLLED LABS products are produced in a GMP for Sport certified facility.
  13. Diamond Member
    Stats
    5'8"   lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    43.32%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityPosting ProPosting AuthorityPosting Veteran

I used to use stim-free Ragnarok and Hemodraulix. Awesome combination and synergy. - It's not hard to find a pre-workout that is stim-free, but you're going to need to do some searching for the right product.

You could always make your own with bulk powders as well. - Keep in mind that pre-workouts are strongly driven by the stim-factor involved. Outside of that, there is really only achieving muscular/cardiovascular endurance. Creatine/AAKG has been a safe staple for many for a long time. I try to stay away from nitrates now, as well as anything AA-related.

Assuming you don't do it often, you could drop 25mg of diphenhydramine at the tail of your workout if you truly need to wind down.

Similar Forum Threads

1. Replies: 16
    Last Post: 10-14-2010, 11:22 PM
  2. Best Pre Workout Supp. Evening
    By Bryce720 in forum Supplements
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 05-04-2009, 12:53 AM
  3. Carbs after evening workout while Cutting?
    By Kata1yst in forum Weight Loss
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 01-18-2008, 04:01 PM
  4. Pre-workout stim for late night workouts
    By Boulderer in forum Supplements
    Replies: 27
    Last Post: 09-27-2007, 12:47 AM
  5. Best ever Pre-Workout Stim
    By handzilla in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 10-29-2004, 11:10 PM