Too young for ph

osi0645

Awards
Ok i was thinking of taking ph because i have alot of buddies here at college that do and they see big gains. They tend to lose them after the cycle tho..even with a pct. After reading around here im only 19 and decided not to take them. Although i still am looking for some supps to add to my arsenal to help me ouy with gains my current supplements are only jacked3d before workout and American Sports nutrition Whey with a carb slam added wat else is safe but can still give me some good gains.

nynone

nynone

Awards
it'll take some time to get some responses dude. just give a a day or two, and you'll have more than enough info.

first off, make sure your diet is on point. be sure to eat every 2-3hrs, and tweak your intake to find what works best for you. some people bulk good with super high carbs, some bulk best with medium, to lower carb intake, and higher fat levels. find what works for you. stick to a diet for a couple weeks, and see how your body responds to it. try to stay in tune to your body too, as that is the only way to know what it needs. once you have diet nailed down, make sure you're taking in enough carbs. calculate your bmr to get a rough guidline of what you should intake calorie wise, and try to work up to an extra 1000 calories on top of it. i'm a smaller dude than you, and i try to get down about 4k calories daily. you might need up to 5k, but 3-4 might suffice. again, it's what your body needs, and you have to find what way works for you to stay in tune with your body.

secondly, supps are important. take a multi vitamin (no one-a-days, they wont work as well). that is numero uno for calorie free nutrients, and will help you get enough nutrients on top of your food intake. also, find a post-wo drink if you want, or intra-wo. those can be highly beneficial to some people. i also recommend using a weight gain shake for bulking up, as they have plenty of amino acids and other vital nutrients which are very helpful, all in a liquid form. and we know that liquids get absorbed better than solids! also, take a bcaa/eaa supps, some omega 3,6,9 tabs/capsules, and throw in some joint care if you're going to be pushing lots of weight. that is always a nice addition to your supplement arsenal.

and lastly, make sure you're training right. mix up routines, set/rep schemes, rest times, and even combine body parts and separate them to keep your body guessing. hopefully i covered it all for you! let us know if you need a diet written, i can help with it, and i'm sure other guys here can help. i'll also tailor it for your eating likes/dislikes if you want. this place is the right place for asking questions my friend!

osi0645

Awards
any recommendation on a good post workout drink other then the whey.

gymaddict20

gymaddict20

Awards
  • Established
First off I give you a ton or credit for making the decision to wait on the PH's even though all your friends are not. You will defn benefit from this decision in the long run. Your friends are losing there gain mostly likely due to two reason. One, they are not taking the proper PCT and Two, they most aren't even close to their "natural peak" before they started the juice.

I will agree with nynone on this one. A great diet and workout plan is you best plan of attack. Check out this link and figure out which body type you have http://www.bodybuildingpro.com/bodytypeinformation.html. We can then help you design a diet specifically for your body type to help you GFH. As far as post. I use Size-on for my intra/post drink.

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
gains are a lot more about diet than anything else, including steroids.

Ironhyde

Ironhyde

Awards
any recommendation on a good post workout drink other then the whey.
I alternate between using MHP's Dark Matter and using Glucevol mixed with glutamine and BCAA's. Both of these seem to work great for me post-workout.

Agree with Gymaddict 100%. You made a very smart and mature decison about holding off on using PH's. Good for you bro.

nynone

nynone

Awards
I alternate between using MHP's Dark Matter and using Glucevol mixed with glutamine and BCAA's. Both of these seem to work great for me post-workout.

Agree with Gymaddict 100%. You made a very smart and mature decison about holding off on using PH's. Good for you bro.
what do you think about Dark Matter? i've tried it, and i thought it tasted like a very light, airy, icee. except, not much flavor, and kinda iffy if i liked it or not haha. i had blue raspberry i think for flavor, maybe that made a difference? and it kinda made me nauseous at times too.

and to osio645, i would recommend xtend as a pre/intra/post-wo mix. i've nothing but rave reviews from it. i've heard mixed things about size-on, and personally, i just use a whey protein for post-wo. one other i would recommend would be Golden Gains, as i know Controlled Labs is very reputable. i haven't tried it, but i have also heard many good things about it.

and also osio, i am glad you have chosen the natty way for now. messing with your hormones is not recommended. i've done used PH's personally, and i think it's really a matter of personal opinions and values. i used them because my body had already reached its peak, and i couldn't get above 4k calories per day. again, like i said, it is a personal opinion/values thing. if you want to wait, i applaud you. it's the smartest thing to do. hey, from a guy who used them way too early in life, and would recommend them to people, that's a good thing to hear me support you. not to sound all holy or some sh** lol.

R1balla

R1balla

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Prime + creatine (i like size on vs mono) and eat alot

Ironhyde

Ironhyde

Awards
what do you think about Dark Matter? i've tried it, and i thought it tasted like a very light, airy, icee. except, not much flavor, and kinda iffy if i liked it or not haha. i had blue raspberry i think for flavor, maybe that made a difference? and it kinda made me nauseous at times too.

and to osio645, i would recommend xtend as a pre/intra/post-wo mix. i've nothing but rave reviews from it. i've heard mixed things about size-on, and personally, i just use a whey protein for post-wo. one other i would recommend would be Golden Gains, as i know Controlled Labs is very reputable. i haven't tried it, but i have also heard many good things about it.

and also osio, i am glad you have chosen the natty way for now. messing with your hormones is not recommended. i've done used PH's personally, and i think it's really a matter of personal opinions and values. i used them because my body had already reached its peak, and i couldn't get above 4k calories per day. again, like i said, it is a personal opinion/values thing. if you want to wait, i applaud you. it's the smartest thing to do. hey, from a guy who used them way too early in life, and would recommend them to people, that's a good thing to hear me support you. not to sound all holy or some sh** lol.
I really like the Dark Matter...it's easy for me to get down and tastes good too. Doesn't fill me up so much that I have a hard time eating within an hour. I prefer the fruit punch flavor. I do recommend using three scoops instead of the recommended two for the extra waixy maize carbs to replenish glycogen stores.

Xtend is a great product. When I make my own post-workout concoction with Glucevol, glutamine and BCAAS, Xtend is what I use. It is an excellent product. This is also an excellent post-workout drink when used in conjunction with IGF.

Last edited:
rantorcha

rantorcha

Awards
  • Established
In college? Absolutely, I agree with everyone here about staying natural - especially at that age. Forget all of the additional stuff. Train hard, eat well and sleep/rest. That's the "secret" to getting great results. No supplement in the world can replace those three things.

Once you've got those three things...then you can start looking at supplements.

nynone

nynone

Awards
I really like the Dark Matter...it's easy for me to get down and tastes good too. Doesn't fill me up so much that I have a hard time eating within an hour. I prefer the fruit punch flavor. I do recommend using three scoops instead of the recommended two for the extra waixy maize carbs to replenish glycogen stores.

Xtend is a great product. When I make my own post-workout concoction with Glucevol, glutamine and BCAAS, Xtend is what I use. It is an excellent product. This is also an excellent post-workout drink when used in conjunction with IGF.
hmmm... i guess maybe it was the flavor for me that didnt do it. i dont know, i guess my body just didnt like it since i got some nausea at times. oh well. and you say xtend with IGF? :hitit: i got some of that earlier today, maybe i'll give it a try.

In college? Absolutely, I agree with everyone here about staying natural - especially at that age. Forget all of the additional stuff. Train hard, eat well and sleep/rest. That's the "secret" to getting great results. No supplement in the world can replace those three things.

Once you've got those three things...then you can start looking at supplements.
this is true, but depending on what he already has nailed down, i would say to start looking for supps. plus, supps can help you at times when you're in a rut when it comes to getting enough extra calories, and stims for better workouts. but that's just me :439: