Looking for supp for strength

TheDeadlifter

TheDeadlifter

Awards
  • Established
Before anyone jumps my case, I am not looking for a magic pill or anything like that. I am a 32 yr old, fairly lean, 244lb male natural powerlifter/deadlifter looking for an edge. I've been training for years. My diet is solid. I compete in the 242-class so I'm not looking for something that will promote a ton of weight gain. I took the original Animal Stak back in 2002 with amazing strength gains and no issues, but of course, all the good stuff is gone. I have been a loyal Universal Nutrition customer for a very long time. I have run a few successful 6 week Animal Test/Stak cycles in the past. I have heard of a lot of solid products on the market but I usually stick my 'old faithful' stack. I've read about the LG Trifecta Stack but after reading the reviews it seems too hit-or-miss to risk the money on it. Does anyone have any recommendations? I only lift tested events so I would prefer something that doesn't throw a red flag. Thanks.

BTW, I am currently on Animal Pak, Animal Flex, whey, creatine mono, beta-alanine, caffeine anhydrous, fish oil, and vitamin D.

TheDeadlifter

TheDeadlifter

Awards
  • Established
:dunno:
Anyone?

dragunbayne

Awards
FOOD!

Eat, you need to make sure you're eating enough food. Don't be afraid of gaining some fat if your goal is strength. Unless you lift heavy and I mean HEAVY (Eric Cressy has said that people looking for strength don't spend enough time doing heavy singles @ 90%+ and he is right!) and eat plenty strength will not come.

JudgementDay

JudgementDay

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Wupps I posted on your other thread on anabolics form.

TheDeadlifter

TheDeadlifter

Awards
  • Established
Eat, you need to make sure you're eating enough food. Don't be afraid of gaining some fat if your goal is strength. Unless you lift heavy and I mean HEAVY (Eric Cressy has said that people looking for strength don't spend enough time doing heavy singles @ 90%+ and he is right!) and eat plenty strength will not come.
I'm training for state and national competitions. I know how to train. Thank you for your input.

TheDeadlifter

TheDeadlifter

Awards
  • Established

Link24

Awards
  • Established
What's the big deal with Prime? Pardon my ignorance, but I'm all about nutrition and not so educated on newer supplements. It looks to be just a trib supplement.
Im with you man, Im not really about prime either. I to am looking for a supplement for strength. As Im starting to cut some bf off for the summer. So far Testopro or activate extreme are products that im thinking of purchasing.

nynone

nynone

Awards
maybe you could try oxydrene or plasma jet? i don't know if they test for blood oxygen levels (blood doping), but that might help you. i've heard lots of good things from plasma jet by gaspari, and i know that the company is highly reputable. oxydrene i know is typically cheaper, and about half the amount of tabs to take daily. i've heard good things about both, but no personal experience. i'm planning on stacking it soon with something. i'd say give it a try. higher oxygen levels in your blood stream does mean more endurance, and i believe more strength as well.

andrew732

andrew732

Awards
  • Established
Prime, c-bol and GPLC ftw

dexterium

dexterium

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Prime is great for strength. Another great one is MAN Clout.

nynone

nynone

Awards
mind if i ask why so many people are saying prime? what's so great about it? :confused:

tnubs

tnubs

Awards
  • Established
i gained a good bit of strength with 6-bromo and lclt

DreamWeaver

DreamWeaver

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Prime is amazing for strength, a lot of powerlifters have been very successful with it. Kabuki lost 40 lbs and his deads went up. He did 800 lbs and he was 198!! That's in competition!!

rxp1997

rxp1997

Awards
  • Established
Not trying to start an argument here, but there have only been 11 lifters pull 800+ @ 198 and this guy's name doesn't appear on the list.

http://www.powerliftingwatch.com/records/198-men
Iron, 2009 rankings, 198lb class, multi-ply, number 3

Top 198 Class Multi Ply Male Lifters
Squat
Rank Name Federation Date Squat
1. Shawn Frankl SPF 2009-08-23 1055
2. Jason Coker APF 2009-06-14 865
3. Chris Duffin APF 2009-08-22 848

Kabuki kicks ass....

Type O Hero

Type O Hero

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Damn, I wasn't aware how popular Prime was. I'm gonna have to give that a try!

I'm thinking a nice Spring stack of Prime/Drive/RPM/IGF-2... Would my body explode?

Ironhyde

Ironhyde

Awards
Iron, 2009 rankings, 198lb class, multi-ply, number 3

Top 198 Class Multi Ply Male Lifters
Squat
Rank Name Federation Date Squat
1. Shawn Frankl SPF 2009-08-23 1055
2. Jason Coker APF 2009-06-14 865
3. Chris Duffin APF 2009-08-22 848

Kabuki kicks ass....
Thank you for clearing that up for me...wasn't aware "Kabuki" was this guy's nickname, so you can see my confusion...lol!

And that is a heck of a pull @ 198!

Jake Fires

Jake Fires

Awards
  • Established
i was gonna say prime as well i will be starting prime up in about a week or so.
i finished the trifecta stack's PCT about 2 weeks ago and let me tell you ive had great results. especially during my PCT on formadrol.

i am now taking a herbal testosterone booster and my gains have stuck!
but ive noticed now that im off of it im not added as much weight as fast.

TheDeadlifter

TheDeadlifter

Awards
  • Established
Thanks for all the input. I like the discussion. What makes Prime so good? Like I said in a previous post, it looks like just another trib supplement.

matthias7

matthias7

Awards
  • Established
What's the big deal with Prime? Pardon my ignorance, but I'm all about nutrition and not so educated on newer supplements. It looks to be just a trib supplement.
Prime - speeds recovery. Special trib extract.

Also an HGH booster, PowerFull, HGHup (not tried) or perhaps AI's new product.

In fact why not just go for a complete stack with a partitioner ?

ProteinMurder

Awards
  • Established
No love for Tetopro/Stoked Combo? I was thinking of giving that a crack!:dunno:

R1balla

R1balla

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
the trib in prime isnt the same as most trib u see sold as a test booster. u ppl not with prime, here are some unbiased results. i do not work for any company or anything. i went from 225x8 on bench to 265x5 on prime. also my DB bench went from 90x8 to 105x5. u cant dis prime if u havent used it. once u use it, u will be with all of us who have used it. nothing beats it regarding strength

R1balla

R1balla

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
if u want a real stack, stack HGHup + Prime + TestoPRO. ive stacked HGHup with Prime and loved the results. almost near PH results

DreamWeaver

DreamWeaver

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
No love for Tetopro/Stoked Combo? I was thinking of giving that a crack!:dunno:
Another very good choice... I have been able to gain strength while in a pretty still calorie deficit on those products. These products will make you very aggressive. I think the ultimate would be Prime/Testopro/Stoked and either AP or glycobol. I am running them separate because right now it's more important for me to have more coverage. Asteroid stack and Swole stack are the main pillars in my foundation.