supplements on PH cycle a waste?

thomps5

Awards
So i have read many times that using creatine while on a PH cycle is a waste and to save it for PCT since your body really doesnt need it while on PH/AAS. I have also read that most preworkout supps are not necessary during a cycle, especially those with stims since they can have a neg effect on BP in conjunction with some PH's.

What about BCAA's? I always drink Purple Wraath during my workouts. I also pop some l-argenine before my workout. I am currently running a cycle (CEL m1,4add to Hdrol bridge) and was curious as to if it was a total waste and if i should save it for PCT. As much as i love the feeling, endurance, and vascularity from the PW, if it is a waste while on cycle i would rather save it.

Other than that i am sticking to the standard multi, fish oil, and protein.

I am mostly concerned whether the amino acids (PW etc) are still beneficial or a waste since i am on cycle.

any thoughts?

BurghHardcore

Awards
  • Established
Well due to the increased protein synthesis occuring while your on-cycle, I definetely can't say that using BCAA's are a waste. They would certainly still be beneficial. I say...if you can easily afford it, then use them. If you're tight on cash, save them for PCT. I get that the basic school of thought is that while "on-cycle", take the necessary support supplements (liver, blood pressure, etc..) and eat a lot of food, let the PH/DS do what it's supposed to do, then save mostly everything else for PCT to give yourself a little extra edge in keeping all the gains you made while on-cycle.

Basically in your case w/ the BCAA's though it comes down a basic cost to benefit ratio. If you got the cash and don't mind spending, use them. If you want to save a few extra bones, don't use them and save them for PCT.

thomps5

Awards
Well due to the increased protein synthesis occuring while your on-cycle, I definetely can't say that using BCAA's are a waste. They would certainly still be beneficial. I say...if you can easily afford it, then use them. If you're tight on cash, save them for PCT. I get that the basic school of thought is that while "on-cycle", take the necessary support supplements (liver, blood pressure, etc..) and eat a lot of food, let the PH/DS do what it's supposed to do, then save mostly everything else for PCT to give yourself a little extra edge in keeping all the gains you made while on-cycle.

Basically in your case w/ the BCAA's though it comes down a basic cost to benefit ratio. If you got the cash and don't mind spending, use them. If you want to save a few extra bones, don't use them and save them for PCT.
Good answer :)
No its not a money issue. If it is beneficial than i will use them. Even if a tub of PW cost 1$ i still would not use it if it was a total waste. So it was more of a waste issue, not a money issue. So i will use them. the whole protein synthesis part makes alot of sense on why they would stilll help.

thanks!

trojanman1016

Awards

He is right BCAA's during and off your cycle will really help you maintain your gains! Oh and most PH's give you an "alpha male" feeling that makes you just want to pick something heavy up. LOL well at thats how i felt, so i would say PW's are not nessecary, definatly keep the vitiamins and fish oil ;)