Taurine in muscle building?

matthias7

matthias7

Awards
  • Established
Does anyone routinely use taurine for pre-/postworkout?

It is lacking now in alot of preworkout drinks and just wondering if it was no longer trendy.

BCAA is clearly popular, taurine doesn't seem it.

celc5

celc5

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I see occasional citations where studies showed that it was good for power-specific training. IME, I never noticed anything from taurine.

On one hand I don't expect much from it. On the other, it's super cheap so it's worth a trial for a few weeks. You're unimpressed, eh no big deal. If it works, HEY HEY you found a steal... see my point? :439:

matthias7

matthias7

Awards
  • Established
Yeah that is a fair point. There is nothing to lose by running it.

If someone has run it they could provide a few pointers about how to get the most out of it.

celc5

celc5

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I believe that typical dosing is between 2 and 5 grams 1-2 times per day. I've experimented with mega dosing and just don't see the effects (in the 10g range).

I think this is gonna be something that you are going to have to experiment with... especially since your title specifically says "in muscle building."

Let's take a look at BCAA or EAA. I can tell a slight difference with increased muscle building if I dose them religiously for MONTHS... if I made judgement in like 4 or 8 weeks, I'd never know that they do make a slight difference for me. So the same is probably gonna be true when assessing any muscle building potential for taurine.

This is gonna be a tough experiment IMO... (although still cheap :laugh: )

matthias7

matthias7

Awards
  • Established
Thanks Celc... appreciated.

Its a worth while run you're right, although a lot more AM members would dose if it had a real impact. Its gonna be a long cycle!