50 mg DHEA -can I use it forever?

Sub7

Awards
I am seeing nice benefits from 50 mgs of DHEA but I do not know how long I can use this dose.

Can I simply keep taking 50 mgs of DHEA, or should I cycle it even at this dose?

jherman08

jherman08

Awards
  • Established
can you elaborate on the benefits? Thanks

FatalFunnel

FatalFunnel

Awards
I have some DHEA but I'm yet to use it. What kind of benefits are you seeing?

trojanman1016

Awards
I think everything should be cycled, except protein, BCAA, and other staple supplements.

Sub7

Awards
can you elaborate on the benefits? Thanks
I see better recovery from heavy workouts. After a heavy leg day, for example, I can get back into the gym comfortably to do chest and back in less than 48 hours and the overall effects of the leg workout -fatigue, and heaviness- is no longer there. I also have better endurance during heavy workouts. After 2 sets of heavy chest presses, I can go into the third set without too much rest and still bang out the same reps, whereas without the DHEA I would probably start losing some strength on the third set, unless I take a good while to rest. Overall, this makes burnout less likely IMO.
Also, it looks like I am getting less fat while lean bulking -though I will need more time to be sure this is so...

matthias7

matthias7

Awards
  • Established
The answer is simple ... no.

DHEA blocks cortisol and produces an "energy effect". As soon as you come off it after e.g. 3 months+ you'll have zero energy until your adrenals start picking up the slack.

People have stayed on it forever and thats really the anti-aging community the theory being to replace what is lacking. It was very trendy ... no longer.

Sub7

Awards
bump...

any other ideas -or suggestions with regards to how long one can stay on DHEA before taking a break?

comacho

comacho

Awards
  • Established
bump...

any other ideas -or suggestions with regards to how long one can stay on DHEA before taking a break?
im not sure, i do agree with cycling everything on and off

but if WITH you feel like a million bucks and WIHTOUT you feel like a penny,,,i would choose to stay feeling awesome. DHEA is legal, im sure it will be like that for awhile

or maybe yo ushould get some blood work done by your endo, find out why dhea is making a tremendous effects on you...sounds like you are on gear almost lol

yeah tahts what i would do find out if you are lacking something,,,well obviously DHEA here...but what about other hormones you know?

wastedwhiteboy2

wastedwhiteboy2

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
what's your age? dhea is not supposed to suppress you but matthias has new interesting info. It probably is a good idea to cycle everything. I have a standing rule that when i go out of town i take no pills with me.

CaponeCEO

CaponeCEO

Awards
  • Established
I also get good effects from DHEA, but IMO it should be cycled. It is great as a stand alone or even better when incorporated in PCT. I remember once when I was on it for a prolonged period of time, years ago, I started feeling pretty wierd. I had lost the "energy and alpha-rage" feeling and started feeling weak and sloppy. I almost thought that it had caused an estrogenic buildup. I'm not even sure if that is possible from it, but I dint feel as good as I did in the beginning. Once I stopped I started feeling fine again.

tnubs

tnubs

Awards
  • Established
if nothing else, do the 5 on 2 off.... take it monday thru friday and not on the weekends. it will help your body come back to normal a little bit

DGA3

Awards
  • Established
if nothing else, do the 5 on 2 off.... take it monday thru friday and not on the weekends. it will help your body come back to normal a little bit
I was going to say something similar - maybe take it in a "pulse" fashion (either only on workout days or only on days off).