Could the Testopro/Stoked combo be considered "dry?"

DGA3

Awards
  • Established
Been taking this combo for a couple weeks now and love it. However, I have developed some painful shoulder joints. Usually, they crack/pop a little, but there is little to no pain. With Testopro and Stoked, I have a sharper-type pain that kicks in under certain lifting conditions.

Could this be caused by anything in the supplements. Could they be considered "dry," making my joints hurt more than normal?

Funny thing is, I went off of the combo for about a day-and-a-half, and the pain went away. Maybe it was just a coincidence, but that's what made me think that maybe the supps were causing my pain.

DGA3

Awards
  • Established
Bump to the top.

No responses - possibly nobody has had this experience before?

Maybe it's just me . . .

tnubs

tnubs

Awards
  • Established
they could be lowering your estrogen levels slightly because i know testopro has some I3c, which has a small effect. less estrogen, less water, dryer joints. i cant really recall if i had any joint pain on it, but i know when i was running high doses of 6-bromo i could definetly feel it but the gains were great

UNCnate

UNCnate

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Been taking this combo for a couple weeks now and love it. However, I have developed some painful shoulder joints. Usually, they crack/pop a little, but there is little to no pain. With Testopro and Stoked, I have a sharper-type pain that kicks in under certain lifting conditions.

Could this be caused by anything in the supplements. Could they be considered "dry," making my joints hurt more than normal?

Funny thing is, I went off of the combo for about a day-and-a-half, and the pain went away. Maybe it was just a coincidence, but that's what made me think that maybe the supps were causing my pain.
Hmmm, its possible.

Some of the ingredients could have some downstream anti-estrogenic effects.

John Smeton

John Smeton

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote

when people think of the word dry or wet in bodybuilding they are referring to estrogen Aromatization or lack of it and usually goes more into the catagorie of hormones, not so much herbals.

while some of these herbs may lower estrogen a bit it acts nothing like an Aromatase Inhibitor and in fact resveratrol, which is a pretty nice dosage in stoked has been shown to have anti-inflammatory effects.

when I did this stack I had no issues with the joints and if anything they helped me joints.

With that said, just lifting heavy can take its toll on the joints that is why proper form is so crucial. moreover, just training with very heavy weights can cause joint injuries regardless of any factor.

how is your lifting technique on all exercises? have you been putting up some beastly weights recently?

I find when I start moving some heavy weights instead of keep upping the weight (although wed all like to) I up reps the next session or so and as my body becomes accustomed to the heavy weights then Ill slowly get stronger instead of pushing something that hurts backing off a bit or even taking some time off for things to heal, if it comes down to it.

matthias7

matthias7

Awards
  • Established
The trend was to say resveratrol was a partial agonist of estrogen: it increased estrogens if they were too low. I personally find this difficult to accept, the point is this ain't a "hormonal" AI.

Resveratrol is very safe and there have been no sides ever associated with it. The TestPro probably has anti-estrogens in it. I know that (herbal) long jack is said to be anti-estrogen - I've not noticed much long term - although it ain't in TestPro.

It is just possible you are susceptible to shifts in estrogen. If you have massive problems with a strong AI, then sure. If not however I would just take glucosamine/Super Cissus. SC is in stock on USP powders.

DGA3

Awards
  • Established
Thanks for the responses. I truly appreciate you guys taking the time to help me out with your knowledge.

Perhaps I was just training my shoulders too much, especially when it comes to the behind-the-neck press. Even though I only go about halfway down, I pyramid up to some heavy weights/low reps, and that might have been hurting my shoulders.

I have cut back on that lift (and don't go as heavy), and it has helped already.

Thanks again for your help.

That's why I enjoy being a member here so much!

:notworthy:

John Smeton

John Smeton

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Thanks for the responses. I truly appreciate you guys taking the time to help me out with your knowledge.

Perhaps I was just training my shoulders too much, especially when it comes to the behind-the-neck press. Even though I only go about halfway down, I pyramid up to some heavy weights/low reps, and that might have been hurting my shoulders.

I have cut back on that lift (and don't go as heavy), and it has helped already.

Thanks again for your help.

That's why I enjoy being a member here so much!

:notworthy:
Behind the neck is great for deltoids but terrible for the shoulder.

CROWLER

CROWLER

Anabolic Innovations Owner
Awards
  • Established
ugg definitely agree behind the neck is rough on the shoulders. You still can hit the shoulders even if you only bring it down to just below the top of your head.

But IMO there are better/safer exercises for the shoulders.