what other supplement should i add in?

  1. Registered User
    JComp's Avatar
    Stats
    6'1"  183 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    182
    Rep Power
    153

    what other supplement should i add in?


    Im currently just taking jack3d pre workout and protien post workout. I was looking into an intra-workout but have never done anything for intra-workout so im clueless on what would be good. I was also looking into a bcaa supplement. Is there any other supplements i should add in, or would these be a good basic stack?

  2. Registered User
    fightbackhxc's Avatar
    Stats
    5'11"  200 lbs.
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Killinois
    Posts
    7,374
    Rep Power
    724205

    BCAA for intra. My top three favorite...iBCAA, Xtend, Recoverpro.
    Serious Nutrition Solutions | Online Representative
    Growth Factor XT-GROW! Need Cycle Support? Check out Liver XT.
    Follow SNS on Facebook for more promos!
  3. Registered User
    rantorcha's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  190 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    443
    Rep Power
    285

    I haven't tried jack3d, but I take CellRush and Nytric Pro from EFX pre-workout and I must tell you I have never had a pre-workout stack work as well as this one does.

    As for intra-workout, I like to use a simple BCAA supplement. Xtend is a great product.
    •   
       

  4. Registered User
    Gonzo14's Avatar
    Stats
    5'8"  197 lbs.
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Dallas, Pennsylvania, United States
    Posts
    813
    Rep Power
    474

    x2 for xtend, thats what I use, I heard LGs BC+AA was good too
  5. The BPS Rep
    Board Sponsor
    Resolve's Avatar
    Stats
    6'4"  280 lbs.
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    8,066
    Rep Power
    350691

    BC+EAA is $13 at NP right now. Considering it's one of my faves anyways, that price makes it definitely a top choice in my book. A few tubs of that and you're set.
    Bulk Performance Solutions
    --No Proprietary Blends, All Performance--

    ***NOW @ NP***
  6. Registered User
    JComp's Avatar
    Stats
    6'1"  183 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    182
    Rep Power
    153

    i wasnt able to get the xtend from my local vitamin world, but i got moster amino, the guy from the shop said it was close to xtend or products like that. It looks like a good product from what i read on the container and looked online a little. I was just wondering if anyone has used it and what they thought about it.
  7. Registered User
    Gonzo14's Avatar
    Stats
    5'8"  197 lbs.
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Dallas, Pennsylvania, United States
    Posts
    813
    Rep Power
    474

    Quote Originally Posted by JComp View Post
    i wasnt able to get the xtend from my local vitamin world, but i got moster amino, the guy from the shop said it was close to xtend or products like that. It looks like a good product from what i read on the container and looked online a little. I was just wondering if anyone has used it and what they thought about it.
    Never heard, whos it made by?
    Now I know sterotypes are wrong and all, but from my personal experiences and from a TON of stories I've heard, Vit Shoppe/GNC/Supp stores's employees aren't supplement experts their suggestive sell experts. So many times have I walked into GNC to look around, and browse while at my local mall or something, and Ill ask about a certain supp i'm intrested in, maybe see if they used it personally or heard things about it. The responses I get are either "yeah we have this over here, its real good, BUT this over here is better" and this better stuff is also like 40 bucks more. or my favorite "we Dont carry that brand of protein, mainly because of its low quality, but check out muscletech, this stuff is the best on the market"

    botton line take what supp store employees (and reps for that matter tho most on this board will give honest opinions)with a grain of salt.
  8. Registered User
    JComp's Avatar
    Stats
    6'1"  183 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    182
    Rep Power
    153

    Yea i know ive known people who have worked there that dont know a thing, but i looked at the ingredients and it seemed to be the same concept as xtend, its made by cytosport.
  9. Registered User
    p5sky's Avatar
    Stats
    5'7"  172 lbs.
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Home
    Posts
    3,469
    Rep Power
    1867258

    Quote Originally Posted by JComp View Post
    Yea i know ive known people who have worked there that dont know a thing, but i looked at the ingredients and it seemed to be the same concept as xtend, its made by cytosport.
    Xtend is known for their flavors, they mask the taste of the BCAAs the best. Then again, CytoSport is known for the flavoring of Muscle Milk so it might have a great flavoring system too.
    -OMEGA RecoverBro-
    When an omega male is born it's game over


  10. Registered User
    Jeremy Brown's Avatar
    Stats
    5'9"  190 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Tallahassee/Delray Beach, FL
    Posts
    475
    Rep Power
    313

    this is going to depend on whether or not you want carbs included in your intra. xtend has no carbs, neither does lg's bc+eaa. i believe monster amino by cytosport has 30-40 grams of carbs per serving. i personally use Controlled Lab's Purple Wraath, my all time favorite and a staple intra for me. i have however used xtend and lg bc+eaa and like both of those products as well...
  11. Registered User
    JComp's Avatar
    Stats
    6'1"  183 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    182
    Rep Power
    153

    Quote Originally Posted by Jeremy Brown View Post
    this is going to depend on whether or not you want carbs included in your intra. xtend has no carbs, neither does lg's bc+eaa. i believe monster amino by cytosport has 30-40 grams of carbs per serving. i personally use Controlled Lab's Purple Wraath, my all time favorite and a staple intra for me. i have however used xtend and lg bc+eaa and like both of those products as well...
    Yea it has 30 grams of carbs. Didnt pay any attention to the carbs, does it make much of a difference?
  12. The BPS Rep
    Board Sponsor
    Resolve's Avatar
    Stats
    6'4"  280 lbs.
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    8,066
    Rep Power
    350691

    Monster amino is 30g CHO per 5g BCAA - you got ripped, man. BCAAs are most effective in doses of 25+g, depending on bodyweight. You'd use up a TON of what you bought in each workout and get something like 180g of fast CHO with it, which is too much for just intra-workout.
    Bulk Performance Solutions
    --No Proprietary Blends, All Performance--

    ***NOW @ NP***
  13. Registered User
    JComp's Avatar
    Stats
    6'1"  183 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    182
    Rep Power
    153

    Quote Originally Posted by Resolve View Post
    Monster amino is 30g CHO per 5g BCAA - you got ripped, man. BCAAs are most effective in doses of 25+g, depending on bodyweight. You'd use up a TON of what you bought in each workout and get something like 180g of fast CHO with it, which is too much for just intra-workout.
    really, damn, well thanks for the help, atleast i know not to buy it again.
  14. Registered User
    p5sky's Avatar
    Stats
    5'7"  172 lbs.
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Home
    Posts
    3,469
    Rep Power
    1867258

    I liked Universal Nutrition Intra-Aid, it has BCAA, EAA, hydrolyzed whey, and WMS. $30 fo 25 servings. It also has a great flavor!
    -OMEGA RecoverBro-
    When an omega male is born it's game over


  15. The BPS Rep
    Board Sponsor
    Resolve's Avatar
    Stats
    6'4"  280 lbs.
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    8,066
    Rep Power
    350691

    Quote Originally Posted by JComp View Post
    really, damn, well thanks for the help, atleast i know not to buy it again.
    Yep, we've all been in your shoes at least once. Now you know for future reference.

    Quote Originally Posted by p5sky View Post
    I liked Universal Nutrition Intra-Aid, it has BCAA, EAA, hydrolyzed whey, and WMS. $30 fo 25 servings. It also has a great flavor!
    Intra-Aid is awesome. If you can afford the pricetag, 2 scoops of that is a good way to go.

    I just can't get over the sales NP is having - the large Xtend is 36 bucks right now. AND they've now got Postal, which I've been considering trying too...

    Too much good stuff.
    Bulk Performance Solutions
    --No Proprietary Blends, All Performance--

    ***NOW @ NP***
  •   

      
     

Similar Forum Threads

  1. Whats Your Favorite Supplement/Supplement Stack?
    By R1balla in forum Supplements
    Replies: 36
    Last Post: 06-28-2012, 08:28 AM
  2. Whats Your Favorite Supplement/Supplement Stack?
    By R1balla in forum Supplements
    Replies: 23
    Last Post: 02-29-2012, 09:51 AM
  3. next supplement i need
    By xjmj15x in forum Supplements
    Replies: 31
    Last Post: 04-06-2010, 11:24 PM
  4. Supplement to use
    By nd22121 in forum Supplements
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 09-04-2009, 12:24 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Log in

Log in

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.