Best carbs for pwo while cutting? Dextrose? Malto?

rhodesb11

Awards
Ok, I've heard all of the claims about Dextrose being the best. Maltodextrin being the best. Straight sugar being the best. I'm currently just taking 16oz of gatorade and my protein pwo...but I just started cutting and was wondering if the sugar in it pwo is really THAT bad? Should i go with dextrose?Maltodextrin? Whats the best while cutting? Is gatorade really that bad? Also, the most cost effective would be great...but i'm willing to pay a bit more for great results. What have the studies shown? What are your experiences? Thanks in advance!

danieltx13

Awards
  • Established
I've just been eating an apple with my protein shake for carbs on my current cut and it's gone great. I've cut the apple out in the last week just to see if it helps any. Don't overcomplicate postworkout nutrition.

davidl351

Awards
i normally eat a banana and some oat flour. a 25lbs bag of oat flour can be had for $36.

krogtaar

Awards
i normally eat a banana and some oat flour. a 25lbs bag of oat flour can be had for $36.
where do you get that? great price.

OP, not that critical. glucose/dextrose is better than fructose, lactose,

malto just means it gets absorbed into muscle cells over probably an hour instead of 15 minutes. you want a spike right away but don't want too much of a spike and don't want a crash after 30 min.

borobulker

borobulker

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I've just been eating an apple with my protein shake for carbs on my current cut and it's gone great. I've cut the apple out in the last week just to see if it helps any. Don't overcomplicate postworkout nutrition.
Perfect... Use carbs for the utility you desire. The fruit will replenish liver glycogen and keep muscle loss at bay. That's all you need unless you are an Olympic athlete...