Creatine Non-Responder... Need advice.

xink

Awards
  • Established
I've tried the following creatines and have seen no changes in my workout or my body (I measure consistently):

• Dymatize Micronized Creatine (ran this for three months)
  • Green Bulge (ran a bottle and a half of this)
  • MRI CE2 Hi-De (a buddy had half a bottle laying around, tried it for a few days but kidneys hurt - I've seen others with similar issues)
And yes, I drink a good amount of water a day, between 1.5-2 gallons.

Just wondering if anyone has any recommendations?

Thanks,

X

machinehead

machinehead

Awards
  • Established
It's ok, I don't respond either.

How lean are you, by the way?

hoopem6

Awards
  • Established
How many grams of creatine were you taking while using each product?

lennoxchi

lennoxchi

Awards
  • Established
what do want a recommendation on? if you're a "non-responder" then what are you looking for? and alternative? have you tried creatine mono yet?

xink

Awards
  • Established
How many grams of creatine were you taking while using each product?
Off the top of my head I cannot recall, but it was the recommended value for each - I also timed it appropriately too, i.e. Green Bulge 45 minutes prior, DMC X percent right before workout, X percent after. I never went above the recommended value as many say there is no benefit in taking too much creatine.

and alternative? have you tried creatine mono yet?
Yes, looking for alternatives, just wondering what other options I have. I was thinking mono next.

lennoxchi

lennoxchi

Awards
  • Established
get a small amount of mono and try it.

hoopem6

Awards
  • Established
Like lennoxchi suggested, I'd try running creatine mono. at 5gm's per day. Or alternatively, experiment with kre-alkalyn creatine if still no response.

lennoxchi

lennoxchi

Awards
  • Established
Like lennoxchi suggested, I'd try running creatine mono. at 5gm's per day. Or alternatively, experiment with kre-alkalyn creatine if still no response.
keep in mind there s/b a "loading phase" with mono. 10 grams a day for a week then down to 5, split doses half before w/o and half after in your protein shake.

i hope he's not expecting strong results....it's only creatine

xink

Awards
  • Established
keep in mind there s/b a "loading phase" with mono. 10 grams a day for a week then down to 5, split doses half before w/o and half after in your protein shake.
I always see people go back and forth on loading/not loading with creatine... I'll do a bit more research here but thanks for the pointers.

i hope he's not expecting strong results....it's only creatine
I'm expecting 25lbs of new muscle mass within about 3 weeks - sounds reasonable with mono?

Just kidding...

Thanks again for the info guys.

X

kingdong

kingdong

Awards
  • Established
Well, you have to be burning enough creatine to have enough room to take more in, and maby your creatine levels just arn't that low. Either way, the clown was right. It's only creatine. If it's not working, then spending more money trying to find a way to make it absorb better just isn't worth it IMO.

trojanman1016

Awards
I always see people go back and forth on loading/not loading with creatine... I'll do a bit more research here but thanks for the pointers.

I'm expecting 25lbs of new muscle mass within about 3 weeks - sounds reasonable with mono?

Just kidding...

Thanks again for the info guys.

X
hahahahaha if only

John Smeton

John Smeton

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I do not know what to tell you xink every time I do it I add weight and some strength. My first experience was loading 20-25 grams a day for two weeks when i first started bodybuilding and people in the gym asked me what i was taking. I gained 10 lbs in two weeks(most likely because I did not eat that much creatine rich foods)

you may have been eating foods with creatine and or you may need to up dosing to 10-20 grams a day.

I take a break for about a month after six weeks at 10-15 grams everyday. It always has worked for myself. The very least I put on, even while losing body fat, has been 3 -5 lbs. After about two weeks after I start is when i see the effects in bloom.

xink

Awards
  • Established
Thanks again for the responses guys... I picked up some mono two days ago, I'll update the thread if I see any changes.

X

wrasslin116

wrasslin116

Awards
  • Established
Try out the mono as advised, if that doesn't work I'd give Kre-Alkalyn a try.
Creatine never worked for me (mono/CEE/Gluconate etc.) but decided I would give creatine one more try by trying out the Kre-Alk and it did wonders for me.

rantorcha

rantorcha

Awards
  • Established
Try out the mono as advised, if that doesn't work I'd give Kre-Alkalyn a try.
Creatine never worked for me (mono/CEE/Gluconate etc.) but decided I would give creatine one more try by trying out the Kre-Alk and it did wonders for me.
I agree with wrasslin. I've had some major issues in the past with creatine. If it worked ok, it bloated me like crazy. And the other "designer" creatines, didn't seem to work all that great. For the last few months, I've been using Kre-Alkalyn and it has been working quite nicely. No bloat and it is really quite effective.

All of that said, make sure your diet and training intensity are high as well. Or you could take major performance enhancers and not get too far.

Good luck and let me know how it goes.

xink

Awards
  • Established
I've been on mono for a week and a half now... I'll take mono for two months and if I see no results I'll check out kre - thanks again for those who have posted here.

X