Help me gain 25lbs...Need your advice

Dynasty90

Awards
I am looking for some help and advice on how to achieve my goals.

Current:
Height: 5'10"
Weight: 165 lbs

Goals:
Height: 5'10"
Weight: 185-190 lbs

I primarily follow strength/power lifting routine routine. I focus on the big compound lifts (bench, squat, dead lift, military, chins, rows) along with some strongman lifts. I train with heavy weight with low reps (3-6).

My diet consists of eating as much as I can and as clean as I can. Meats, milk, rice, eggs, oats, peanut butter, ect are things I consume daily. I usually eat every 2-3 hours and consume water through out the day.

I get plenty of rest (at least 6 hours of sleep per night) and train consistently (3-4 days per week).

The only supplements I take are whey protein and a multivitamin. I am hoping to get some recommendations on what I can take to help me achieve my goals.

I am doing my best to follow all the right things, but I believe genetically I do not build muscle easily. I have always been a skinnier kid growing up and it wasn't until my junior year in high school when I began to put on some muscle. I feel I need something hardcore to kick things into gear. I NEED to gain 25lbs over the next 6-7 months for next years hockey season. I play collegiate hockey at a high level and need to gain this size/weight in order to compete at a higher level.

What do you suggest I look into? I have a source to get oral anabolics and pro hormones and I looked into it. I feel like I tried everything and need something hardcore to get this size/weight on my frame. I need some help here.

Thanks for your time!

trojanman1016

Awards
Hey man I would definatly look into Superdrone from Primordial Performances, make sure to use Liver Juice by them also if your gonna cycle it for more than 2 weeks. It is some strong stuff. The LV technology really increases the absorbation rate. Also look into the testosterone recovery stack by primordial also, for a pct, it will work wonders trust me!!

Jstrong20

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
To gain weight that quick your going to have to stuff your self until you feel sick. To gain weight at a good pace you need to calculate your daily calories then add 1000 to it.

rbuecker

rbuecker

Awards
  • Established
I'm going to point you to a few places that I've used here:

http://anabolicminds.com/forum/nutrition-health/92762-no-bs-guide.html

http://anabolicdeviant.blogspot.com/2008/05/caloric-intake.html

Based on those two threads I was able to come up with a spreadsheet in google docs where I enter weight/height/age the coefficient from the caloric-intake post (I use 1.3 because I sit on my ass all day).

This gives the baseline calories to maintain your current weight, then you add 700 to bulk or take 500 to cut (basically). Of course your weight changes, so be sure to recalculate as necessary.

Since joining AM and learning, I've gone from 150 to ~180, and only when logging food and workouts (about 2 years time). For me, time not logging was wasted time, no gains during that time.

There is one magic pill, called time. The longer you take it, the better you'll get.

Last edited:

hoopem6

Awards
  • Established
I'd be cautious of what supplementation you choose due to NCAA regulations... Plus, I definitely wouldn't suggest jumping on ph's or oral anabolics this early in the game (especially NOT a Superdrol clone for your first ph).

walker11

Awards
get a nutritionist and a good trainer. they will be able to help you gain quality weight without any sides or risk of failing an NCAA drug test.

Dynasty90

Awards
I'm not too worried about NCAA regulations. I don't play in the NCAA, but rather in the CIS league in Canada where testing isn't as near the level of NCAA testing.

I understand caloric intake, but never sat down and counted nutrients and such. I just follow the basic wisdom of eating 6-8 smaller meals per day, which equals about every 2-3 hours.

R1balla

R1balla

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Natural: stack Prime + creatine + TestoPRO and eat your butt off and train even HARDER
This stack is amazing i promise.

PH: Epistane or Havoc with cycle assist
PCT: Sustain Alpha + Prime(so u keep gaining) + TestoPRO or most any other test booster. with cycle assist

there is my 2 cents. i know ppl may flame me for giving advice on PH cause your not 21, but IMO, you ask a question ima give you an answer. your gonna do what u want, im just here to keep you safe and u dont mess your body up

hoopem6

Awards
  • Established
Age aside, jumping from whey and multivitamins to Epistane, or any PH in general, is a huge step...

I'd add N.O. and Creatine to start then, as R1balla suggested, implement a natty test booster, etc.

qwerty33

qwerty33

Awards
  • Established
the perfect stack to add 10-15 lbs in 6 weeks man. and best ph to start out with. also everything is covered including liver support and pct

wrasslin116

wrasslin116

Awards
  • Established
Got some very good advice that is proven to put lots of weight on you.....wait for it.....FOOD. Eat more of it and lots of it. And time it right. Use the links that rbuecker gave you.

Only supp I would suggest to you as it looks like your new to this, I'd recommend some creatine mono(tried and proven) and a nutrient partitioner, for example, Glycobol.

Good luck bro.

wrasslin116

wrasslin116

Awards
  • Established
And I don't see why you are all recommending him PH's....Besides the obvious reasons, he is only 20.

DreamWeaver

DreamWeaver

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Shame on those that suggested drugs (ph's), I have nothing against someone who uses them after they have exhausted other avenues but don't recommend it to someone who hasn't sorted things out yet.

Your goals are attainable for a newb lifter, even with next to no supplementation. The hardest thing is to be able to attain the knowledge you need to get it done. Read about diet, get ready to eat a lot and stay consistant. Learn to periodize your training "Everything works just not for very long". That's the key diet and training. I like your attitude you seem to have some of the right ideas just get organized, fine tune as you go, plan ahead, keep making adjustments. Know thyself, find out what you need to do to get where your going.

Step 2. once you have become more knowlegable, and you better start now as your going to have to learn fast, then you can look into supplementation. You should already be taking the basics, Protein, vitamins maybe some aminos. While you are learning, read up on herbal supplementation. Try some things out see what your respond to. Now that your know your own body better you will be able to discern this much better.

One last thing, be patient!! 10-15 lbs on a frame like yours will look good, provided it's good quality. Take joy the the small things, the little changes.

Once you have done all this, if you still feel the need to use drugs then that's your decision, all I can say is I am glad I did not choose that route.

Ironhyde

Ironhyde

Awards
Kid, you gotta eat...your best friend and supplement right now is food. When I was twenty, I was 5'11 and weighed exactly what you do. I didn't understand the importance of "eating big to get big." You obviously have a pretty high metabolism. Don't be so concerned with eating clean. Just eat. Pizza, hamburgers, etc. in addition to steak, peanut butter, milk, pasta, oatmeal. You have to create a calorie surplus to grow. Eat until you think if you take one more bit you will puke...wait about five minutes and then stuff some more in. This is what it takes. It is not fun, it is not comfortable, and you will feel like a tick on a dog's rear end most days. If you eat like this for six months, i guarantee you will be close to your goal weight. If you want to spend money on supplements, get some glutamine peptides and bcaas to aid in your revovery. Don't worry about pre-workout-NO-pumps-that-will-blow-your-mind stuff. Eat big, lift heavy, and sleep. In that order.

Dynasty90

Awards
Going into my senior year in high school I followed Rippetoe's Starting Strength routine for approx 6 months. I made tremendous gains in all lifts. I gained approx 25lbs then (went from 135lbs to 160lbs). In my mind "newbie" gains are done with. Every since then, gains have been slow and not as noticeable.

DreamWeaver

DreamWeaver

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
i went from 175lb to 255lb in 11 months, strength went through the roof... Pictures depict before, midway and end of bulk the cut is now under way.. Would be glad to help, check out my link

http://anabolicminds.com/forum/pics/146261-175lb-255-11months.html
Hey you know this is a 20 year old your talking to, you say in your log you were using a very strong PH... are you suggesting he do the same.. come on now lets have some more responsibility than that. You don't have to use these types of products to gain major mass.

edwitt

edwitt

Awards
  • Established
Hey you know this is a 20 year old your talking to, you say in your log you were using a very strong PH... are you suggesting he do the same.. come on now lets have some more responsibility than that. You don't have to use these types of products to gain major mass.
Nutrition is still the key... I ate every 2 hours

DreamWeaver

DreamWeaver

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Nutrition is still the key... I ate every 2 hours
Ah yah your preacking to the chior here, I have put on 50-60 lbs on people (football players) in a year with next to no supplementation at all just protein powder and diet. That's what I am trying to get across to him. Too many young guys out there think drugs are the easy way out. They are simply unecessary, especially at that age.

Yah if your a hard gainer frequent eating is a real key element. I still think you can eat mostly clean though and get good gains. Problem is if you bulk too fast your just going to end up having to lose a lot of fat to get lean again and guess what happens... yah hard gainers are easy losers, there goes a lot of your mass. Getting big is one thing, getting big and lean is another.

wrasslin116

wrasslin116

Awards
  • Established
I fully agree with DreamWeaver.....
"Diet was key while I took this [PH]"
You are stating what happened when you ate right but combined with a PH, we are giving advice in this thread on gaining weight without a PH.
Now I'd assume you weren't on a PH the whole time, so if you have advice on what helped you gain while you were natty then that would be helpful for him.

Dynasty90

Awards
The reason I want to get to 190-195 lbs is because when the season starts in late August, I am on the ice almost everyday. Cardio goes way up and I burn more calories than usual. During the season I usually lose 5-10 lbs due to all the cardio. I want to come into the season weighing 190-195 lbs so when the season gets going I stay stay a consistent 180-185 lbs. Having that extra weight on me while on the ice will do wonders in terms of my performance.

I realize caloric intake is #1, but training is also very important. Because my goals are high I need to use all the resources I have available to me. If I do chose to go on a steroid or pro hormone I will be smart about it and research the snot out of it. I will learn the correct and safe way to go about using it.

That being said I have a few in mind that I would like to get all of your opinions on:

Option 1: Beastdrol (30mg/30mg/30mg/30mg) and Liver Juice for 4 weeks

Option 2: Superdrone LV (10mg/20mg/20mg) and Liver Juice for 3 weeks

Option 3 (not as hard core): USP Labs Prime, Diesel TestPro, with some sort of creatine (monohydrate, CEE, KreAklyn)

hoopem6

Awards
  • Established
In one ear and out the other...

Really, Superdrol clones for your very first PH cycle? Mentally, I don't see how you can justify going from whey and multivitamins to steroids.

Honestly, you have seven months to gain 25 pounds. Do you really believe you are incapable of gaining 3 lbs/month off natural supplementation and caloric intake?

Cooky32

Cooky32

Awards
  • Established
In addition to the great advice already given regarding eating, and training I would supplement Glutamine 10-15 gm daily split up in 5gm doses. Fish oil 3 times daily. I would take in a protein like NITRO CORE 10 50 gm prior to bed, with fish oil cap, and 2 tbsp peanut butter. You could take a natty test booster, but I would not do prohormones. You are too young and in danger of drug testing.

zwa004

zwa004

Awards
I second all the "eating is the best way" stuff. Learn to love tuna, great source of Omega fatty acids and protein.

Cooky32

Cooky32

Awards
  • Established
Ok Tuna is good, but not enough calories to bulk on. I would use it along with Whole grain bread, cheese, and mayo. You need fat to gain more testosterone. You could also do a little cardio HIIT. will help you gain muscle. Beta alanine is a must too. Cardio will increase your apetite, and keep your calories being used for muscle. Good luck

Dynasty90

Awards
I have not disregarded or looked over anybody's response. Every response I read, analyzed, and did further research. Thus far, my plan is to sit down and construct a diet that will be approx. 1,000 - 1,500 calories above maintenance. Next, research programs that will add strength and size such as Bill Starr's 5x5 or Jim Wendler 5/3/1 program. Finally, continue to research and decide what supplements will aid in achieving my goals.

Please keep the advice/opinions coming along. All is been very helpful!

Cooky32

Cooky32

Awards
  • Established
Good Call Dynasty90. We all mean to help you reach your goal. If you are not an advanced trainer then do utilize the compound lifts, and train hard. Stick to the basics, and work the push pull method, or upper body then lower body. There are many intermediate strength and size building routines out there. You will find what works for you.

JComp

Awards
im 20 too and trying to put on weight, im a hard gainer and started at 6'1 170. Ive put on like 10 lbs in 2 months of muscle. Like everyone else is saying eating is the best way, i added about 700 calories above my maintain and kept adding about 100 every other week. I was just using a pre-workout, was no exploed for the first 3 weeks now im using jack3d, and 3 protiein shakes a day.

wrasslin116

wrasslin116

Awards
  • Established
The reason I want to get to 190-195 lbs is because when the season starts in late August, I am on the ice almost everyday. Cardio goes way up and I burn more calories than usual. During the season I usually lose 5-10 lbs due to all the cardio. I want to come into the season weighing 190-195 lbs so when the season gets going I stay stay a consistent 180-185 lbs. Having that extra weight on me while on the ice will do wonders in terms of my performance.

I realize caloric intake is #1, but training is also very important. Because my goals are high I need to use all the resources I have available to me. If I do chose to go on a steroid or pro hormone I will be smart about it and research the snot out of it. I will learn the correct and safe way to go about using it.

That being said I have a few in mind that I would like to get all of your opinions on:

Option 1: :trout:

Option 2: :trout:

Option 3 (not as hard core): USP Labs Prime, Diesel TestPro, with some sort of creatine (monohydrate, CEE, KreAklyn)

Cooky32

Cooky32

Awards
  • Established
What protein are you using? I Suggest you use a protein like Nitro core 10 between meals, and in the evening. In addition to the shake, you could add almonds, an apple, and peanut butter. You can add flax oil to the shake too. Just add something to the shake to make it more substantial.

sanchezgreg18

sanchezgreg18

Awards
  • Established
why the **** is everyone telling this guy to take superdrol as the first response, then hdrol, epi and so on? hes 20 and obviously didnt even mention hormonal products. if he would have asked about taking a ph and everyone would have looked at his age and scolded him, somethings wrong here lately

Cooky32

Cooky32

Awards
  • Established
I agree, and I also warned him against the use of PH products. His Test levels are probably fine. I believe this forum as a whole should not be advising 20 year olds to take Hormonal enhancement products. He has a lot of growing to do naturally before using those. I was mid twenties before I used one. Good advice bro

GoHardOrGoHme

GoHardOrGoHme

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Supplements dont put on size...in order for any supplement whether hormonal or not ...you need calories

Like its been said several times in this thread....Eat big, Lift heavy, Sleep well.

Your metabolism really fast? either eat more of slow it down. 2-3 big meals will slow it down but you will gain fat...lots of fat...i did this i dont recommend it unless ur a powerlifter looking for strength and dont give a shizz about ur appearance

Rather just start eating everything in site every 2-3 hours and lifting everything you put ur hands on. Train like an gorilla and eat like lion. Dont rely on supps....rely on food.

Start looking up diets, food profiles, glycemic index, protein digestion rates, good fats, bad fats, nutrional timing, strict days, cheat days, calorie cycling, carb cycling, keto, etc etc

Want 25 lbs? you gotta eat 25lbs...1 lb is 3500 calories...dont care what ur on u dont eat 3500 calories over maintenance ur body wont have anything to build with. So focus on food and how much of it ur crammin.

Get to it bro

wrasslin116

wrasslin116

Awards
  • Established
Thank you guys, I thought I was left alone about him not using the PH/DS's.
Some peoples responses in this thread are really sad, especially when 2 out of his 3 plans is running PH/DS :nono:

bigrobbierob

bigrobbierob

Awards
  • Established
Consume vast quantities of:

and when done eating, eat more.

DreamWeaver

DreamWeaver

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Consume vast quantities of:

and when done eating, eat more.
Well done .. a picture is worth 1000 words, this is a pretty good example of when that quote is right on the money.... but your making me hungry!! :squint:

Guys from his last post he sounds like he's on the right track, well done. May have saved someone from making a mistake. There are just too many young people looking for a quick fix. Tell you what, if you were to give me 2 hard gainers and one I would educate and he would only use protein the other can go ahead and start using prohormones, the guy who became educated would put the other to shame in a years time. Young guys have a ton of potential that is untapped due to lack of knowledge.

Cooky32

Cooky32

Awards
  • Established
That looks so good. I would eat the crap out of those dishes and the food. Good stuff.

matthias7

matthias7

Awards
  • Established
The carb ratio is wrong in the dishes above. Too few, middle one maybe okay.

A good carb sources, plus veggies. Or lots of veggies if they are the main carb source.

At present I'm heavily focusing on my macros. Bit bored with micros right now.

DreamWeaver

DreamWeaver

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established

A good carb sources, plus veggies. Or lots of veggies if they are the main carb source.

At present I'm heavily focusing on my macros.
True carbs would need to be higher.... I wasn't really paying attention to macro ratio's just general content...

Picture may be worth 1000 words but does not cover the numbers...

GoHardOrGoHme

GoHardOrGoHme

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
for me carbs is the ultimate gainer

I say invest in some whole grain pasta, brown rice, and potatoes(sweet and regular) and have at it. Add in some veggies, fruits, and good ol' fashion protein and ur set.

bigrobbierob

bigrobbierob

Awards
  • Established

At present I'm heavily focusing on my macros. Bit bored with micros right now.
You're reading to much into them bro...all I did was look for pics of chicken breast, salmon, and steak and pick one's with veggies that looked good.

GoHardOrGoHme

GoHardOrGoHme

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
You're reading to much into them bro...all I did was look for pics of chicken breast, salmon, and steak and pick one's with veggies that looked good.

haha we dont mess around with diet! You dig! lol

R1balla

R1balla

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
if u wanna take a PH, dont, just do the next best thing other than eat cause eating is number one big time. the next best thing is the stack i said in a previous post. increase free test and eat and there ya go

Cooky32

Cooky32

Awards
  • Established
I also believe in good carb sources being a huge part of gaining mass, and having energy to push thru heavy workouts. You will need them if you are a high volume trainer. You must eat good low glycemic carbs before training, simple carbs post training, and Low GI, the rest of the time. If you are a steak eater, broil your steak, add some onions, peppers, and rub the steak with olive oil, sea salt and pepper. then enjoy after broiling to your desired doneness. Believe that.

niceguy84

Awards
use weight gainer instead of whey protein. i was 135lbs beginning of jan. lastnight i came in at 151lbs. i do all lifting no cardio. i just started a cycle of h-drol 2 days ago. main goal is to be at 170 by summer.

wrasslin116

wrasslin116

Awards
  • Established
Carbs-

And NOT these kind of carbs-

Even though those look amazing right now....lol.