Emu Oil

Crotalus

Awards
I did a search for this here and came up with nothing but I remember some guys reporting here that they had great success with it as a pain relier for sore muscles / joints.

Wondering if there is some better than others. different strengths and which look for or to avoid. Or is this just another flash-in-the-pan product ?

Cogar

Awards
  • Established
My guess is that you are referring to threads like this one:
http://anabolicminds.com/forum/showthread.php?t=7482

Emu oil is effective for use with tendonitis by helping the body produce prostaglandins, which aid the recovery process.

Joints require different therapy. Glucosamine and Chondroitin help lubricate and rebuild the cartilage.

Crotalus

Awards
Cogar :

That is the thread I remembered. Thanks for posting it.

I have at times what seems to be the peroneal ligamint that runs down the outside of my calf become incredibly inflamed. And believe it or not , the only thing that causes it to erupt it is mowing the lawn, LOL. Calf raises , any leg work , etc doesn't bother it at all.

At first I thought it was me playing psychological games with my self games because I hate cutting the grass so much. But then it wasn't so funny when I couldn't get through even the front lawn with out two 20 minute breaks to massage it. It would seem to be ON FIRE with what seemed like lactic acid and had me crippled with in 10 minutes. It was ridiculous. I couldn't push the damn lawn mower 10 minutes without turning into a hobbling wreck. I did get relief last year from it when I did a 'trigger-point therapy' and after a few weeks at three sessions a day, it felt much better . But was time consuming

Well it's time for curtting the grass again and I'm now dreading it because I'd just don't want the job to be taking three times as long as it should because of this thing flamming up. I'm scheduling an appointment with a chiropractor but in the mean time I've always thought of this thread and the Emu Oil someone raved about when nothing else worked for him.

Thanks again for responding and posting the link.