luceine vs peptopro

kingdong

kingdong

Awards
  • Established
I currently use 20 grams of luceine during a three hour workout(I also weigh 220, mostly muscle). I am thinking about switching to peptopro though. I already get enough protein in my diet, but I'm thinking this might still be better than luceine, which is just gonna compete with other aminos during my workout. Is this a good idea?

tnubs

tnubs

Awards
  • Established
ya, id say eaa's would be better than just leucine if you dont wana spend the money tho. something about if theres too much leucine, it needs the balance of other aminos or it wont be as effective. and thats a lot of leucine. pepto pro seems pretty dang popular, if your not sure get just a pound and try it out to see how you respond?

davidl351

Awards
peptopro is quite expensive, and really, unless you have the money, the results won't justify the price. it's been shown that hydrolyzed casein absorbs quicker than non-hydrolyzed casein. in that respect, peptopro is superior. however, Lyle McDonald and Alan Aragon were quick to point out the results of taking in hydrolyzed casein were identical in regards to an anabolic state.

kingdong

kingdong

Awards
  • Established
I havn't read any studies that take supplement/workout timing into account in regards to hydrolyzed protein. Can someone enlighten me on this?

davidl351

Awards
I havn't read any studies that take supplement/workout timing into account in regards to hydrolyzed protein. Can someone enlighten me on this?
there are a couple studies out there highlighting protein supplementation timing, but they don't name the source of protein. the study showed that protein timing really didn't have much of an effect on body composition, strength, or power on already resistance trained athletes (as a newbie, you might see good gains on the "sandwiching protocol"). however, the studies do have their limitations, so more research obviously has to get done as this is a rather uncharted territory. with this being the case, i can't see how hydrolyzed protein would make a discernible difference.

kingdong

kingdong

Awards
  • Established
there are a couple studies out there highlighting protein supplementation timing, but they don't name the source of protein. the study showed that protein timing really didn't have much of an effect on body composition, strength, or power on already resistance trained athletes (as a newbie, you might see good gains on the "sandwiching protocol"). however, the studies do have their limitations, so more research obviously has to get done as this is a rather uncharted territory. with this being the case, i can't see how hydrolyzed protein would make a discernible difference.
Well, what Im curios about is anticatabolysm towards the end of a three hour workout, and I don't think I've heard much about intraworkout protein. I think I'll listen to tnubs for a while and do the eea's.

davidl351

Awards
Well, what Im curios about is anticatabolysm towards the end of a three hour workout, and I don't think I've heard much about intraworkout protein. I think I'll listen to tnubs for a while and do the eea's.
adding EAA's is probably the best route. i would suggest adding some form of carbohydrates during your workout as well.

JN230

JN230

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
well peptopro has some great qualities that show promise, saying ti would be ore anabolic could be a toughy, but when it comes to balanced aminos, it would be far better off taking 20g pepto rather than 20g leucine

kingdong

kingdong

Awards
  • Established
well peptopro has some great qualities that show promise, saying ti would be ore anabolic could be a toughy, but when it comes to balanced aminos, it would be far better off taking 20g pepto rather than 20g leucine
Ya, I gave myself an extra large leucine dose because of my size, and the fact that this is a full body workout, but I am wondering how good that can be for my system as a whole. Probably not so much.

qwerty33

qwerty33

Awards
  • Established
agreed. Pepto;s amino profile is the tits

rulk22

rulk22

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
PeptoPro is goin to be better imo. Pre-intra-Post would be ideal.