Nutraplanet Creatine Texture?

1. New Member
    Stats
    5'9"  161 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    94.5%

Nutraplanet Creatine Texture?

Hi guys... Long time AM reader here, first time poster!

This is just a quick question about the texture of Nutraplanet's creatine monohydrate Black Series. Last week I ordered some CreaPure from the site, then got an email saying that there was an error and the product was not in stock, so to compensate, they would send a 100g tub of the NP brand free of charge. Anyways, I got the tub a few days ago, and I was shocked because the creatine has the strangest texture of any I have ever tried. I usually buy creapure brands like ON and Ultimate, which have a texture that I would liken to white sugar. A couple non-creapure brands I have tried had the same texture. The NP powder is a lot more like powdered sugar... very sticky and clumpy, a little bit like l-glutamine powder IMO. I also noticed that it mixes almost instantly with water, no grittiness what-so-ever. Is this normal?

2. Registered User
    Stats
    5'8"  212 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    42.03%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting ProPosting Authority

could it be that its micronized ?
  3. Registered User
    Stats
    5'8"  212 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    42.03%

i took this from a nother site that sells products so im not going to show the source (respect for np). I just checked my creatine advanced platinum series and its the same way. a powdery white substance.

When taking Creatine with your drink, you will notice you’ll never get the full amounts of the amount you take as bits get left in the bottom. Micronized Creatine is now setting the standard for creatine supplementation by producing smaller particles, which are upto 20 times smaller than the regular creatine powder.

The benefits of Micronized Creatine;

More efficient

Greater uptake into the bloodstream as theres 20 times more total surface area

Faster Absorption

Micronized creatine’s smaller particle size means quicker digestion and faster utilization.

Mixes Easier and Better

With a total of 20 times more surface area, means it’s easier, faster and more complete when mixing your creatine supplement.

Better Results

Micronized creatine offers 2000% more particle surface area for better utilization, better uptake, and faster results.
    •   

4. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'7"  197 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    5.82%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

i dont have the black, but i do have a huge jug of NP's brand of creatine, and yes its a fine powder, very fine. its not sticky at all.
  5. New Member
    Stats
    5'9"  190 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    76.57%

is this the one you mean: http://www.nutraplanet.com/product/n...ate-500-grams.

i am looking to buy this, but prefer micronized, please let me know if yu have this one and if it is in fact micronized
  6. New Member
    Stats
    5'9"  161 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    94.5%

Quote Originally Posted by Greek Elite View Post

i am looking to buy this, but prefer micronized, please let me know if yu have this one and if it is in fact micronized
    Yes it is that kind except that mine is the 100g version. My problem is that I'm not sure it's the right product because I have used micronized creatine before, but it has never been nearly as fine as the NP black series brand.
  7. New Member
    Stats
    5'9"  190 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    76.57%

Quote Originally Posted by fidget324 View Post
    Yes it is that kind except that mine is the 100g version. My problem is that I'm not sure it's the right product because I have used micronized creatine before, but it has never been nearly as fine as the NP black series brand.
    so it does say micronized on the container? im just dbl checkin cuz sometimes with non micronized you gotta shake it up all the time cuz it'll settle

i guess the 'fine-ness' is a plus tho since dissolves instantly, but im just hopin it is in fact micronized
  8. Registered User
    Stats
    5'8"  212 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    42.03%

Quote Originally Posted by Greek Elite View Post
    so it does say micronized on the container? im just dbl checkin cuz sometimes with non micronized you gotta shake it up all the time cuz it'll settle

i guess the 'fine-ness' is a plus tho since dissolves instantly, but im just hopin it is in fact micronized
    mine it only says advanced platinum series creatine monohydrate its the 1kilo presentation and its seems micronized but it doesnt say on the bottle and i took a look inside to see if its settle or something and no its the same fine texture all theway.
  9. New Member
    Stats
    5'9"  161 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    94.5%

Thanks for the help guys...

The reason that I'm suspicious is that it doesn't say "micronized" on either the website description or the tub itself, and yet the powder is much more fine than any micronized creatine I've tried. I'm just hoping that they didn't screw up and and put the wrong supplement in the container, which would really suck because I'm loading 20g/day right now.

Similar Forum Threads

1. Replies: 2
    Last Post: 05-15-2010, 02:13 PM
  2. Nutraplanet bulk creatine
    By bigmoe65 in forum Supplements
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 11-20-2009, 04:53 PM
  3. Creatine Mono, BCAAS and Kwik Carb from nutraplanet
    By SureShot in forum Supplements
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 09-29-2007, 02:55 PM
  4. T-1 Pro texture?