GPLC Combined with Alcar?

crg28

Awards
Was wondering if anyone has tried combining these 2?

4.5g of GPLC with say 2g of Alcar?

Would there be any benefit in taking both forms of Car?

luclyluciano

Awards
  • Established
Was wondering if anyone has tried combining these 2?

4.5g of GPLC with say 2g of Alcar?

Would there be any benefit in taking both forms of Car?
I am taking Alcar and really lovin it. Sorry, no time to look it up....what is GPLC?

matthias7

matthias7

Awards
  • Established
I just taking combined with Lion's Mane.

1g ALCAR and 3g GPLC (PreMax). Not bad first off... but supps work over the long term even if they have a quick kick.

ALCAR/ Lion's Mane is okay. PreMax is very good but $$$

matthias7

matthias7

Awards
  • Established
In actual fact this is a strong non-stim stim effect. Reps to the poster.

Is it GPLC giving the stim effect in PreMax? Is it the dipeptides?

crg28

Awards
I was just wondering if the combination would work synergistically or if you only do 4.5g of GPLC you would be getting enough Car?

matthias7

matthias7

Awards
  • Established
I can answer that ... it appears to work synergistically. If the stim effect I'm getting is GPLC in PreMax it combines nicely with ALCAR - its synergistic IMO.

In fact I suspect GPLC, ALCAR and Lion's Mane is the best noot by some distance I've used and tried alot.

BBB

BBB

Awards
  • Established
Exploratory Open Label, Randomized Study of Acetyl- and Propionylcarnitine in Chronic Fatigue Syndrome
Ruud C. W. Vermeulen, MD, PhD and Hans R. Scholte, PhD
From the Research Center Amsterdam, Amsterdam, Netherlands.

Address correspondence and reprint requests to Ruud Vermeulen, MD, PhD, CFS Research Center Amsterdam, Waalstraat 25, Amsterdam, 1078 BR, Netherlands. E-mail: [email protected]

OBJECTIVES: We compared the effects of acetylcarnitine, propionylcarnitine and both compounds on the symptoms of chronic fatigue syndrome (CFS).

METHODS: In an open, randomized fashion we compared 2 g/d acetyl-L-carnitine, 2 g/d propionyl-L-carnitine, and its combination in 3 groups of 30 CFS patients during 24 weeks. Effects were rated by clinical global impression of change. Secondary endpoints were the Multidimensional Fatigue Inventory, McGill Pain Questionnaire, and the Stroop attention concentration test. Scores were assessed 8 weeks before treatment; at randomization; after 8, 16, and 24 weeks of treatment; and 2 weeks later.

RESULTS: Clinical global impression of change after treatment showed considerable improvement in 59% of the patients in the acetylcarnitine group and 63% in the propionylcarnitine group, but less in the acetylcarnitine plus propionylcarnitine group (37%). Acetylcarnitine significantly improved mental fatigue (p = .015) and propionylcarnitine improved general fatigue (p = .004). Attention concentration improved in all groups, whereas pain complaints did not decrease in any group. Two weeks after treatment, worsening of fatigue was experienced by 52%, 50%, and 37% in the acetylcarnitine, propionylcarnitine, and combined group, respectively. In the acetylcarnitine group, but not in the other groups, the changes in plasma carnitine levels correlated with clinical improvement.

CONCLUSIONS: Acetylcarnitine and propionylcarnitine showed beneficial effect on fatigue and attention concentration. Less improvement was found by the combined treatment. Acetylcarnitine had main effect on mental fatigue and propionylcarnitine on general fatigue.

Key Words: acetylcarnitine, • attention concentration, • carnitine, • chronic fatigue syndrome, • propionylcarnitine.

Abbreviations: ALC = acetyl-L-carnitine;; CFS = chronic fatigue syndrome;; CGI = clinical global impression of change;; CDC = Centers for Disease Control and Prevention;; DSM-IV = Diagnostic and Statistical Manual;; MFI-20 = multidimensional fatigue inventory;; MPQ-DLV = McGill Pain Questionnaire–Dutch language version;; OCTN2 = organic cation transporter/carnitine transporter Na+-stimulated;; PLC = propionyl-L-carnitine;; RBE4 = rat brain endothelial cells;; VAS = visual analogue scale.

MrDeadlift

Awards
Interesting. There are few products out there that combine different analogs of Carnitine into one and have heard great feedback. From what I know :

1. Quadracarn from Beverly International (4 Analogs)
2. Neuro Awaken XT from Neuro Research (3 Analogs inlcuding GPLC)
3. I forgot the name, but there is one that I remember has 3 analogs from Jarrow Formula that I saw in health food stores.

Good Luck

djbombsquad

djbombsquad

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
What is the carnitine with taurine in the actual structure. Is it L-Carnitine L-Tartrate? I forget. I also have argninacarn too. Any one kow much about it.

poison

poison

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I'll keep saying it: Primordial needs to come out with Carniplex, a blend of carnitines, capped, and reasonably priced. Something like this:

1.5gr alcar
2gr gplc
1gr lclt
200mg plcar (or so)

Dose once on non-workout days, twice on workout days, or as needed.

zwa004

zwa004

Awards
Stupid question: where to get capped ALCAR? The powder is way strong, and I don't have a capping mechanism.