PreMax

matthias7

matthias7

Awards
  • Established
I'll give PreMax from PP a shout.

Brief description in case you were not aware, pre-workout drink comprising:

Dipeptides: PeptoPro® brand hydrolyzed casein protein isolate.
Antioxidants: Organic freeze-dried pomegranate, Tomato extract + GSE
GPLC: Glycine Propionyl L-Carnitine Hydrochloride GlycoCarn®

So non-stim. GPLC often rumoured to have amazing properties. Dipeptides very readily absorbed. The product is believed to stimulate rapid muscle recovery with a study supporting it. It certainly appears to be a much stronger product than individual amino acids, e.g. Purple Wraath which I've used and found not to be effective as well as tyrosine - which does zip for me.

One theory (my theory really, waving my arms about) is that the body wants dipeptides, or it prefers them, rather than dealing with single amine acids (monopeptides as it were). The other idea is that GPLC is doing all the work.

Does it work?: You bet ya. Tried for the first time today, for a non-stim it was amazing. I took it with ginseng (6-year old ground) and Muira puama - the energy effect was noticeable, it could have been acting synergistically with ginseng. It felt like a charged up dose of ginseng with very noticeable body stimulation however there was reasonable mental stimulation - Muarama gives this but ginseng doesn't. It also appears to have regenerative properties - that too soon to say but it felt that way. Certainly one to keep an eye out for and if you can try go for it.

Summary
: expensive, maybe. Value? Certainly. Could be a novelty effect. Could be a major new tool in the workout world.

Is it gonna be Sustain Alpha (PP's massively respected resveratrol product) or Phyto-testosterone (PP, some rave about it, but I don't) - continued use is the best way to answer that.

qwerty33

qwerty33

Awards
  • Established
would have to agree m8. It is the best pre w.o around imo and its all natural

i take it at 1 1/2 scoops so it lasts 15 workouts

JN230

JN230

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
cant comment on premax as i havent taken it yet, but the GPLC is great! peptopro and antioxidents are always a bonus too :) so itgets a ful l five fingers up

DeerDeer

DeerDeer

Awards
  • Established
PreMax alone worked fine for me. My staple is now mixing 1 coop of PreMax with one scoop of NO Shotgun. Hands down the best preworkout drink I have ever had from pumps to energy to a little stim.

applesmack23

Awards
Works great best pre workout IMO but I am not a fan of the taste it works so good i just put up with it.

rulk22

rulk22

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Im already on my 3rd tub of Pre Max. Lately ive been drinking a couple cups of coffee before the gym to get the motor humming, and then Pre Max about 30 minutes right before the gym. I think Primordial Performance did a good job with the taste, I dont mind drinking it all. They also have a anti-oxidant product called Organic Vitaberry that taste amazing. Mix some of this in with their bulk IBAA's and thats a makes a great intra-workout drink. Waiting for a Post Max to be developed and made, but ive been using Pre Max after workouts also. When I come home my lady has my Ezekial bread toasted, and my chicken breast grilled.

BBB

BBB

Awards
  • Established
I mix one scoop of PreMax with one scoop of RagNOrok and take additional GPLC in order to get a full serving. The pump is great and so is recovery. The Rag helps with the taste and gives me a mild stim effect without affecting my BP to much. I don't particularly care for the taste of PreMax (too bitter) so I often add a little Vitaberry to the mix.