Should I double up on my new Testosterone Booster if I don't notice anything?

derekn83

Awards
I am on day 6 of my new testosterone booster Max Anabol, I got it from Max Muscle. I haven't notice any difference in my sex drive or in my body. I am 27 years old. My sex drive has been somewhat low then normal for me and I was hoping this would help. Should I start taking twice the dosage or maybe stack it with something else? Or am I just being impatient?

Here are the ingredients.

Amount Per Serving % DV*
Zinc (as Zinc aspartate) 15 mg 100%
Magnesium (as Magnesium aspartate) 225 mg 56%
Male Performance Blend:
Ajuga turkestanica (2% Turkesterone), Horny Goat Weed
(Epimedium grandiflorum), Rhodiola rosea (3% rosavin),
Maca 4:1Extract (Lepidium meyenii) (root), Pygeum
africanum (12% phytosterols), Saw palmetto
berry extract (45% fatty acids) 975 mg **
Anabolic Blend:
Tribulus terrestris (40mg Protodioscin) (60% Saponins),
Rhaponticum carthamoides (5% 20-Hydroxy
Beta-ecdysterone), Muira Puama (Ptychopetalum
olacoides, 5-Methyl-7-Methoxy Isoflavone, Eurycoma
longifolia jack 300:1 Extract (equivalent to
200mg of 20:1 Extract) 664 mg **
Anti-Estrogen Blend:
Red clover extract (8% isoflavones) (Trifolium
pratense), DIM (diindolymethane), Chrysin 205 mg **

Any feedback is greatly appreciated.

Thank you,

Derek

corsaking

Awards
  • Established
Theres nothing in that blend thats going to boost testosterone. The closest is tribulus and even thats debatable.you have a combination of minerals -zinc and magnesium which are required for general health anyway,some supposedly libido boosters ie maca horney goat weed, tribulus ;herbs to protect the prostate ie pygeum and saw palmetto ;plant extracts that are supposedly anabolic-5-Methyl-7-Methoxy Isoflavone, Beta-ecdysterone and some herbs that help with estrogen control.Just about everything is in there but the kitchen sink.

its also likely at 27 you have enough testosterone so a supplement like this imo is a waste of money .

personally i think your money would have been better spent elsewhere.

derekn83

Awards
Thank you for your feedback. I am trying to lose the last few pounds of my belly weight and this is what the guy suggested saying that I would build more muscle with it and it will help burn off those last few pounds, but I guess not. Do you have any suggestions?

BurghHardcore

Awards
  • Established
I feel that a test booster could be useful at age 27....just not this one. Try something like Sustain, Stoked, Testopro, any of the Diesel Test boosters. Maybe buy some straight Maca too, I use NOW brand's and really like it. Those would all help IMO. Sorry bro, but the supplement you mentioned looks like it sucks...bad. Personally, when I used Stoked and maca my libido became a problem LOL...and not a bad problem.

AK32408

AK32408

IBE/PHF Rep
Awards
  • Established
I am on day 6 of my new testosterone booster Max Anabol, I got it from Max Muscle. I haven't notice any difference in my sex drive or in my body. I am 27 years old. My sex drive has been somewhat low then normal for me and I was hoping this would help. Should I start taking twice the dosage or maybe stack it with something else? Or am I just being impatient?

Any feedback is greatly appreciated.

Thank you,

Derek
I never heard of that supplement, but I say just give it a little more time and if you still don't notice anything after 2 weeks than you have learned your lesson, haha.

Next time get a Formestane product to use for a stand-alone cycle. From my own experience, and what others have stated, Form usually has a very high success rate with boosting test along with a ton of other added benefits.

derekn83

Awards
Thank you for the responses. I wasn't even looking to purchase the booster, but the guy sold me say to help shed off the last few pounds around my waist I would want that because I would build more muscle and burn the fat off. It sounded like it made sense at the time but now I really don't know what to take. All I want to do it put on some lean muscle and lose some fat. I am just about willing to try anything I just want to know it will work. I eat a very high protein diet with some fat and little carbs. The diet I do is called Paleo. I would really appreiciated any advice. Thank you.

68sauce

Awards
I feel that a test booster could be useful at age 27....just not this one. Try something like Sustain, Stoked, Testopro, any of the Diesel Test boosters. Maybe buy some straight Maca too, I use NOW brand's and really like it. Those would all help IMO. Sorry bro, but the supplement you mentioned looks like it sucks...bad. Personally, when I used Stoked and maca my libido became a problem LOL...and not a bad problem.
Forgive my ignorance, but does Sustain, Stoked, or Testopro require PCT at all?

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Forgive my ignorance, but does Sustain, Stoked, or Testopro require PCT at all?
if you looked you would have seen that stoked and sustain are often used and recommended FOR pct.

but to answer your question no pct is needed.

68sauce

Awards
if you looked you would have seen that stoked and sustain are often used and recommended FOR pct.

but to answer your question no pct is needed.
I did notice that. I just want to double check any information I get on the net.

Products can claim one thing but I would rather ask people that know.

So thanks for the info

CrazyChemist

CrazyChemist

Awards
  • Established
I did notice that. I just want to double check any information I get on the net.

Products can claim one thing but I would rather ask people that know.

So thanks for the info
What guy sold you the test booster? Are you shopping at GNC? Don't! Browse this forum and when you find a product that sounds right for you buy it from nutraplanet.

ProteinMurder

Awards
  • Established
Dude, you need to get some Deisel Test hardcore up in ya mate! stuff is gold :D

BurghHardcore

Awards
  • Established
What guy sold you the test booster? Are you shopping at GNC? Don't! Browse this forum and when you find a product that sounds right for you buy it from nutraplanet.
LOL...pretty much what he said. There is a GNC 1/2 block away from where I work, so once in a blue moon I'll wonder in. I regret it every time. All they do is push on your their GNC brand, Muscle Tech, and maybe something else. I realize they have a job to do and are trying to get paid, so I don't get upset. But it gets old. Nutraplanet got the price right too bro :)

None of the products I mentioned require PCT, most are actually used successfully as part of people's PCT. You have to know what to look for as well when using a test booster. Sometimes with higher doses libido may slightly decrease instead of increase, but strength and aggression might increase. For inexperienced users when the libido first takes a hit they might get that confused. Just gotta read up bro, spend some time here and you'll pick up some valuable info.

68sauce

Awards
Thanks for the information.

Haven't bought anything yet. :popworm: I am just searching for info now. Never really jumped on the supplements band wagon beyond protein and creatine.

I definitely would not get anything from GNC (beyond maybe fish oil caps) :D

68sauce

Awards
LOL...pretty much what he said. There is a GNC 1/2 block away from where I work, so once in a blue moon I'll wonder in. I regret it every time. All they do is push on your their GNC brand, Muscle Tech, and maybe something else. I realize they have a job to do and are trying to get paid, so I don't get upset. But it gets old. Nutraplanet got the price right too bro :)

None of the products I mentioned require PCT, most are actually used successfully as part of people's PCT. You have to know what to look for as well when using a test booster. Sometimes with higher doses libido may slightly decrease instead of increase, but strength and aggression might increase. For inexperienced users when the libido first takes a hit they might get that confused. Just gotta read up bro, spend some time here and you'll pick up some valuable info.
Thanks dude. I am learning. I am a slow learner but I will get there :439:

derekn83

Awards
Not GNC, I went to Max Muscle. Which isn't much better.

BurghHardcore

Awards
  • Established

Haven't bought anything yet. :popworm: I am just searching for info now. Never really jumped on the supplements band wagon beyond protein and creatine. I definitely would not get anything from GNC (beyond maybe fish oil caps) :D
Really bro...other than those two staples, a vitamin supplement, EFA's, and anti-oxidants you don't need much. I should say, you're not missing anything that you ABSOLUTELY NEED. Assuming your diet is in check of course. Test Boosters really only become useful once you reach a certain age. You can see some positive benefits by using them at younger ages of course, but to really reap the benefits I think they are best used by folks age 25 and over. So when you read about the 50,000 supplements out today, don't get overwhelmed. As much as I love them, most people are just throwing money down the drain b/c their diet and training are not up to par. That's coming from a guy who pops pills all day long :bigok:

derekn83

Awards
I agree, most of the stuff on the web is crap. So how do I know when something will actually work? Or where can I purchase such products?

rulk22

rulk22

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Give Primordial Performance a look. From natural supplements to amazing Prohormones, they've quickly become my favorite new sports supplement brand. I was using a lot of Usp labs products, and like them very much. Since about December though, I made the switch to Primordial Performance and have'nt looked back. Check out Phyto-Testosterone Caps. Im goin to add this to my Testosterone Recovery Stack for a more complete PCT. Good luck.

BurghHardcore

Awards
  • Established
I agree, most of the stuff on the web is crap. So how do I know when something will actually work? Or where can I purchase such products?
You can purchase such products at Nutrplanet. Best prices around, wide variety of trusted brands, and very good bulk raw products. They are awesome.

To know what will actually work is more or less a process or trial and error, for you and other people. Reading up here and other places, and going by brand reputation. There are literally thousands of product logs here at AM where you can find people's opinions on a ton of different products. Very good way to get some information when trying to make a decision. You have to figure out what you're goals are first. Then obviously adjust your workout and diet as needed. Then, and only then, should you be looking into the supplement realm.

Having said that...my favorite brands are Get Diesel, Primordial Performance, NOW foods, USP Labs, optimum nutrition, Universal/Animal, Controlled Labs, and Anabolic Innovations. Not only do all of these brands have a great reputation here and other places, they are also reasonably priced at Nutraplanet.

AK32408

AK32408

IBE/PHF Rep
Awards
  • Established
Dude, you need to get some Deisel Test hardcore up in ya mate! stuff is gold :D
Oh yea ? Have you used it ?

I'm on my 2nd week of the new hard tabs and notice absolutely nothing besides a little bit of muscle endurance during workouts. It's kind of disappointing based on the reviews it's gotten. Maybe they changed the formula when they used to be red, soft shell caps ?

:dunno:

UNCnate

UNCnate

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Very few ingredients in there are going to boost testosterone.

I wouldnt double up, the best you are going to get is a libido boost.

I dont see that significantly raising testosterone or comparing to some of the more effective t-boosters out there, i.e. TestoPRO, Stoked, Activate Xtreme, et al.

CrazyChemist

CrazyChemist

Awards
  • Established

Haven't bought anything yet. :popworm: I am just searching for info now. Never really jumped on the supplements band wagon beyond protein and creatine.

I definitely would not get anything from GNC (beyond maybe fish oil caps) :D
My experience is that GNC charges 3x what nutraplanet charges. If I'm in an a tough spot where I need a staple supp right away I'll bite the bullet and hit up GNC but if I can avoid it I buy from another supplier. Regardless, creatine is a semi-decent supp but not a staple for me (I use it periodicially) and protein is a staple. Other staples include, a multi, l-lysine, fishoil, flaxseed oil, and co-Q 10.

glockgod

glockgod

Awards
I'd stop taking it all together. Sounds like you bought some fine snake oil.

CrazyChemist

CrazyChemist

Awards
  • Established
I'd stop taking it all together. Sounds like you bought some fine snake oil.
no its not snake oil - its a natty test booster not AAS.

And OP - one of the best natural test boosters is a shot glass of EVOO.

derekn83

Awards
So after reviewing your guys feedback and reading a lot of reviews I think I am going to give Diesel Test Pro-Cycle a try. What do you guys think?

BurghHardcore

Awards
  • Established
So after reviewing your guys feedback and reading a lot of reviews I think I am going to give Diesel Test Pro-Cycle a try. What do you guys think?
fine choice if you ask me...

CrazyChemist

CrazyChemist

Awards
  • Established
Ive never been more impressed than with sustain alpha but diesel test pro has a good reputation.