Hawthorn Berries vs. Hawthorn Berry Standardized Extract ???

svtfocusman

svtfocusman

Awards
I was looking into purchasing some 'Hawthorne Berry' from the local vitamin store. I have a question about the two options.

First one is Hawthorn Berries;

Hawthorn preparations are derived from the flowers, leaves, or berries of a thorny shrub (Crataegus oxyacantha) native to Europe. The Hawthorn plant is a source of bioflavonoids and other antioxidant chemical compounds. Hawthorn helps promote cardiovascular health.*

Size is 565mg.

Second is Hawthorn Berry Standardized Extract ;

The Hawthorn plant provides a source of bioflavonoids, along with other antioxidant chemical compounds. The Hawthorn extract in these capsules is made up of aerial plant parts, including the berries, leaves, and flowers of the Hawthorn plant. Hawthorn supports the blood vessels, which supply the heart with vital oxygen and nutrients.** These capsules may be swallowed, or opened and prepared as a tea.

Size 150mg.

The second one is a little more expensive, which is the better one to buy to help aid in blood pressure support during a cycle? And what is the best dosage to load / to take during a cycle?

benj851

benj851

Awards
  • Established
Berries or extract of berries are where the monies at in my opinion

svtfocusman

svtfocusman

Awards
Will be using cycle support or cycle assist during the cycle. Just looking into loading with harthorn to save some money as the other supps would be a waste to do pre cycle for the loading phase. May be wrong and if so let me know!

benj851

benj851

Awards
  • Established
orange cycle support is the bomb! its the best all around support supp!

but you can just buy hawthorne berry extract for like 3 bucks by now foods.

A_I_Sports_Nutrition

A_I_Sports_Nutrition

AI Sports Nutrition
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
Will be using cycle support or cycle assist during the cycle. Just looking into loading with harthorn to save some money as the other supps would be a waste to do pre cycle for the loading phase. May be wrong and if so let me know!
The Orange Cycle Support has 12 more serving than the other Cycle Supports at the same price will take care of a preload and a 30 day cycle.

ktatro1

ktatro1

Awards
  • Established
I came across both those as well OP, and I went with the general Hawthorn. The other is standardized to 2% vitexins correct?

I went with the general (565mg/pill) hawthorn and just took 3 a day. Effects generally take like 3 weeks to notice if any. First thing I noticed was increased endurance during cardio. Hope this helped at least some