GNC hates me!

brownstown89

Awards
  • Established
not that i care and idk if this deserves its own thread but...

I usually stop by the local gnc when i go grocery shopping. Well i walk in and always look around to see any almost expired protein powders or pre workouts on sale. I usually always end up getting energy drinks such as rockstars, Speed stack, ripped stack, xyicence, RTD protein shakes or protein bars for a 10 cents to a 1.50..

now the dumbass that works the desk always ask me if i need vitamins and i just laugh and tell him that my 5 dollar ones that last like a year are just as good as the gnc brand. Then he asks if i need a pre workout and tries to sell muscle tech **** to me and i just laugh it off thinking no dude i am just ripping you off buying the cheap **** on clearance...

anyways t hese two skinny ass dudes come in to buy protien hes shoving muscle tech and gnc brand protien down his throat..ready to buy easily 300 worth of protien/creatine etc. I just look at em and tell them man you guys are tryna get jacked right? and they say hell yea.. and im like your wasting your money on all this damn protien powder from here its way to expensive go look at the clerance get some pre workout to get you hyped before lifting and go to walmart and pick up some skinless bonless chicken. and go buy foods high in protien it can be crispy even you guys need all the calories you can get!

they proceed to agree with me put down all there items and leave gnc the sales clerk was PISSSED!

DGA3

Awards
  • Established
Do the salespeople work on commission? If so, no wonder he was pissed!

On the other hand, if they don't - he shouldn't be so upset (even if they have quotas to shoot for).

It's funny, the GNC stores I occasionally visit around here do not push anything on me or suggestive sell. They just let me browse, pick out what I want, or walk out with nothing.

No pressure!

(Maybe when I ask questions they can tell that I know what I am talking about, so they leave me alone or give up on the thought of tricking me into buying a product that is a waste of money).

H8dook

H8dook

Banned
Awards
YES,
They get paid off commission plus a paltry hourly wage.
I'd push M-tech garbage as well if I was in his shoes.Obviously the mark up is through the roof,so hence the higher commission.
I believe they are told to push certain brands,which yield higher commissions.
Makes sense.At least thats the way it was when I worked there over 8 years ago p/t.

GNC is "supplementation for dummies."
You eventually learn to shop online rather than GNC,unless you have a hook up.That's how I got my p/t job back in the day.The lady would sell me anything in the store at a sweet cut rate.She would just ring it up as out of date plus my gold card savings on top of that.

gamer2be08

gamer2be08

Banned
Awards
  • Established
LMAO, I once went into a GNC asking for samples of protein and pre workouts. The guy looked at me and said "what, you think we give **** out for free. You just gonna walk all up in here thinkin im gonna give you something". He then proceeds to ask if I wanted a creatine product. I said sure to humor him. He goes and picks up some white flood and said its one of the best creatine product they had xD.. If you know anything about WF, there is not one ounce of creatine in it... I then told him to not be a jackass and any other supplement store I go to gives me free samples and I gave him deuces and left...

Young Gotti

Young Gotti

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
i love it, maybe i'm off alittle but i have fun telling these kids what they're telling me is nonsense and they work for commision, they r like ohhh no, but i did know a girl who worked there, i love getting boxes of muscletech bars for free along with big 50 protein drinks for free when they are supposed to throw them out, i messed with the one kid telling me that jack3d was the newest pre workout, so i played along like ohhh really? sounds awesome, then i looked at him like, but the original formula was better when it was jacked and it's been out for alittle while now, the kid just looked at me like damn i thought he really was going to buy this from me

noot

noot

Awards
  • Established
GNC hates everyone. The only thing they love is your wallet.

BeBig

BeBig

Awards
  • Established
I like all yall's posts...I can't stand GNC...what a rip off...I went in there one time to buy some protein and I needed some didn't want to wait on a shipment...Well I checked the price it was something like $40 bucks..and I was like well I'll wait till gold card week which was only a couple days away and I eat plenty of chicken etc...to get protein supplementation...so I went back in and the price of the same tub during gold card week went up $10 bucks...I was like WTF is this??? So I proceeded to tell the clerk I was in here two days ago before Gold Card week and it was $10 bucks cheaper...and they insisted it wasn't and I was like whatever..so I raised a big stir in there with a bunch of people in the store and they all left...ahhaahhaah...

JN230

JN230

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
damn bro thats the truth but you jsut stepped on the sales guys dinner plate and crushed it bro, thats low. how would oyu have liked it if someone kept you from closing a deal at your job? or interrupted your next interview and caused you to not get the job, thats Fu(ked up bro

AntonG42O

AntonG42O

Awards
  • Established
true. even the douchebag pencilneck has to eat...not much lol but ne needs to

brownstown89

Awards
  • Established
damn bro thats the truth but you jsut stepped on the sales guys dinner plate and crushed it bro, thats low. how would oyu have liked it if someone kept you from closing a deal at your job? or interrupted your next interview and caused you to not get the job, thats Fu(ked up bro
what about the guys who were about to waste money? and severely overprice that takes money out there pockets which they could use to eat too?

andrew732

andrew732

Awards
  • Established
AWESOME bro, I do the same thing everytime I go in there LMAO!

bikeswimlive

bikeswimlive

Awards
  • Established
I say when you can...stick it to the man.

Edit: I did not intentionally mean for that to rhyme

AntonG42O

AntonG42O

Awards
  • Established
the way i see it, these people dont eat live and breathe supplements and nutrition, like we do. because of all the time we invest into this, we know all the best and worst supplements and see through the bull$hit. the guy thats working at GNC most likely is just working at GNC. he is not an advanced knowledgeable lifter and usually makes minimum wage plus commission. all that MT crap carries a few dollars of that commission every time he sells a tub of nitro tech or whatever. even if he did know about better products, he would still sell the little teenager higher commission product. i did it when i was in college working vitamin world, even though I knew the truth. Im ok with them being ignorant and sales oriented. I just dont understand why they are pushing the OTC PH's to young dudes. I have never even opened the glass door where my store kept all those. I feel like 5 or so years ago guys werent walking into GNC immediately looking for prohormones

bikeswimlive

bikeswimlive

Awards
  • Established
the way i see it, these people dont eat live and breathe supplements and nutrition, like we do. because of all the time we invest into this, we know all the best and worst supplements and see through the bull$hit. the guy thats working at GNC most likely is just working at GNC. he is not an advanced knowledgeable lifter and usually makes minimum wage plus commission. all that MT crap carries a few dollars of that commission every time he sells a tub of nitro tech or whatever. even if he did know about better products, he would still sell the little teenager higher commission product. i did it when i was in college working vitamin world, even though I knew the truth. Im ok with them being ignorant and sales oriented. I just dont understand why they are pushing the OTC PH's to young dudes. I have never even opened the glass door where my store kept all those. I feel like 5 or so years ago guys werent walking into GNC immediately looking for prohormones
This is the real issue.

DGA3

Awards
  • Established
Now that I think of it, GNC owes me a discount coupon for messing up a sale price several months ago (long story). I have emailed them several times and they always say to be patient, because "these things take time."

Anyway, I don't think I'll ever see that coupon.

Another reason to hate GNC!

ktatro1

ktatro1

Awards
  • Established
I work at GNC, and I wouldn't give out any advice there that I wouldn't give here. Not everyone who works at GNC is a total piece of shi*t, just so you know. To those who think its funny to ruin sales for other people, I emplore you to reconsider, as this is money these people rely on to get them to the next paycheck. It's fine for you to not agree with a company's policies, but don't punish low level employees who are just doing their jobs. They don't make the policies, they just enforce them, and I'm sure anyone who is lucky enough to have a job in this curent economy, and especially those who aren't, can resect that. If you don't like the company, fine, then don't go there and show your displeasure passively, but don't fu*ck employees just doing their job.

I'm not saying I agree with GNC or how they operate, but they sign my check, so i'll play along until i find something better and more suitable. I do go to school full time and coach though, and they are flexible, so it works for me.

Gizmacho

Gizmacho

Awards
The guy at my local GNC is cool as sh it. He does gear every summer and is one of the guys who got me interested in it, by telling me how fun it is. He knows every ingredient of every supplement and a friggin ton about vitamins and herbals. Nonetheless, he definitely "totes the company line" and tries to push GNC brands to me 24/7 and I have to put him in check. But all in all, I go in on the first of every month to get my hands on freshly expired pre-workouts and protein, and he's cool. I'm to the point with him where I get BOGO 50% off on everything all the time. Which doesn't hurt, especially on the stuff that's 75% off.

But don't get me wrong. I still buy WPI (94% pure) by the lb., and pure micronized creatine by the kilo online.

Blacktail

Blacktail

Awards
  • Established
LMAO I got into an argument about how my Multi was better than theirs at a lower price with the fat guy with womanly arms proceeded to push it on a friend of mine, I then told my friend to buy his ****e at NP and leave this guy with his 90 dollar (after taxes) bottle of crap. Whereupon he told me that theirs was all natural and therefore better so i grabbed the bottle turned it around and said, look under "other ingredients" does that look all natural to you? Also where is your proof that all natural is better and that yours is indeed sourced from all natural places? What is all natural to you anyway? Organic, whole sourced crushed by natives in a jungle? He turned very red and started helping another customer. I only went in there to say hi to my bud anyway haha, he ended up putting back their garbage house brand weight gainer and a bunch of garbage. I mean can they at least hire someone that actually works out? I haven't seen a guy working at one that does in like 10 years. If you try and push something thats one thing, but don't bs about it to someone twice your size and able to back up what he says.
Fuel in Canada is a much better shop. Give you tons of freebies, discounts and carry good brands and will bring in stuff if you ask. All the guys are huge,knowledgeable and know how to supplement and diet correctly.

brownstown89

Awards
  • Established
I work at GNC, and I wouldn't give out any advice there that I wouldn't give here. Not everyone who works at GNC is a total piece of shi*t, just so you know. To those who think its funny to ruin sales for other people, I emplore you to reconsider, as this is money these people rely on to get them to the next paycheck. It's fine for you to not agree with a company's policies, but don't punish low level employees who are just doing their jobs. They don't make the policies, they just enforce them, and I'm sure anyone who is lucky enough to have a job in this curent economy, and especially those who aren't, can resect that. If you don't like the company, fine, then don't go there and show your displeasure passively, but don't fu*ck employees just doing their job.

I'm not saying I agree with GNC or how they operate, but they sign my check, so i'll play along until i find something better and more suitable. I do go to school full time and coach though, and they are flexible, so it works for me.
i could just as easily say that the GNC worker is ****ing a customer who worked damn hard for his money into buying a worthless muscletech product.. If the person had the courage to ask me what i would do why should i lie to him and help out the GNC worker when im the neutral 3rd party?

nynone

nynone

Awards

good to know not everyone at GNC is a f***ing t*at. no offense dude, just saying. i mean, i've been into GNC plenty of times to pick up an endorush, ripped force (yea, someone put ripped stack earlier... got it wrong dude! lol), or maybe an extreme speed stack... but never for supps.

true story: i walked into a GNC on my break (it was next door) mainly for an extreme speed stack. The dude at the counter didn't even say high, and walked into the back. I thought he wasn't even there, and thought i saw a reflection in the window when i walked up. he comes out, walks to the counter, and doesn't say anything (which was annoying). i finally asked him if they carried a particular product (i don't remember which), when he said no, he asked me what it was. I explained, and then continued asking him what he knew about products they had on the shelves. he kept giving me bullsh** answers, and i said to him "dude..." and explained to him everything he said wrong. then he started asking me about some supps, and i felt like it was all bass ackwards (yea, i spelled it like that lol), HIM asking ME about HIS products... very special.

well, i'll get off my soap box now hehe. much love for my place, not so much for GNC, sorry ktatro1

ktatro1

ktatro1

Awards
  • Established
i could just as easily say that the GNC worker is ****ing a customer who worked damn hard for his money into buying a worthless muscletech product.. If the person had the courage to ask me what i would do why should i lie to him and help out the GNC worker when im the neutral 3rd party?
OK, but if GNC is a fuc*king toilet bowl why are you there in the first place? Its one thing to be a neutral 3rd party who happens to be standing there. Its quite another to go into a GNC with the intent of pissing off the person working or making him/her look stupid. I'm still not sure how doing this makes you any better than the person standing behind the counter pushing the "trendy" products over the ones that actually work. I guess the people who feel the need to do this have low self-esteem, because other than the fact that it may make said person feel better about themselves, I can't seem to come across any good reason for doing this. Again, for clarity's sake, I am referring to the person who goes in the store with the intent of making a worker look stupid, not to the "neutral 3rd party" who actually went in to buy something and overheard some bad advice.

GNC does carry some very effective products. Should you choose to utilize the convenience of a local store, but you don't want to deal with customer service, then do the research yourself and tell them you know what your looking for so they leave you alone. Otherwise just stay the **** out. If the person is asking advice from GNC rep then thats on them, and the responsibility falls soley on the person who walked in unprepared for what may be coming. I personally NEVER push muscletech. EVER. I have steared countless customers to more efficacious products over muscletech. I have plenty of people that come in and trust me and the product I advise on them taking.

To the person who made a comment about the quality of GNC's protien, it is made by Optimum Nutrition, a brand that most people trust. So if you have problems with the protien, then don't buy it or take it up with them.

To Nynone - it is true that some GNC employees are fuc*king as*hats, but that can be said to be true of any company's employees. The world is full of idiots, and those idiots are bound to show up in every sector of the workforce. Look at our government for Christ's sake.

H8dook

H8dook

Banned
Awards
OK, but if GNC is a fuc*king toilet bowl why are you there in the first place? Its one thing to be a neutral 3rd party who happens to be standing there. Its quite another to go into a GNC with the intent of pissing off the person working or making him/her look stupid. I'm still not sure how doing this makes you any better than the person standing behind the counter pushing the "trendy" products over the ones that actually work. I guess the people who feel the need to do this have low self-esteem, because other than the fact that it may make said person feel better about themselves, I can't seem to come across any good reason for doing this. Again, for clarity's sake, I am referring to the person who goes in the store with the intent of making a worker look stupid, not to the "neutral 3rd party" who actually went in to buy something and overheard some bad advice.

GNC does carry some very effective products. Should you choose to utilize the convenience of a local store, but you don't want to deal with customer service, then do the research yourself and tell them you know what your looking for so they leave you alone. Otherwise just stay the **** out. If the person is asking advice from GNC rep then thats on them, and the responsibility falls soley on the person who walked in unprepared for what may be coming. I personally NEVER push muscletech. EVER. I have steared countless customers to more efficacious products over muscletech. I have plenty of people that come in and trust me and the product I advise on them taking.

To the person who made a comment about the quality of GNC's protien, it is made by Optimum Nutrition, a brand that most people trust. So if you have problems with the protien, then don't buy it or take it up with them.

To Nynone - it is true that some GNC employees are fuc*king as*hats, but that can be said to be true of any company's employees. The world is full of idiots, and those idiots are bound to show up in every sector of the workforce. Look at our government for Christ's sake.
TOTALLY agree.
NO one is holding a gun to your head and making you buy from them.
As of today,I do believe we still live in a free society,but "yobama" is on the FAST track to to eradicate our constitutional rights as FREE Americans....BUT that's a whole other conversation:booty:

Sales are sales..No different than any other venue.It is what it is.
You learn,You move on.

noot

noot

Awards
  • Established
GNC is still there for the same reasons places like GameStop/EB-Games still exist...or why people byy over-priced audio/video cables and RadioShack and BestBuy instead of monoprice.com, or why people buy books at the college bookstore instead of amazon.com, ebay.com, or a reseller just a few blocks away.

brownstown89

Awards
  • Established

you obviously CLEARLY MISSED my point where i said i go in to look over the clerances stuff. and the dudes buying stuff came up to ME to ASK what i would recommend. and i recomended them eating tons of food? i didnt go in there to f'n ruin gnc sales? i just gave my honest advice.

JN230

JN230

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
what about the guys who were about to waste money? and severely overprice that takes money out there pockets which they could use to eat too?
as far as the kids who were going to waste THEIR money let them they will learn just like the rest of us, unless they asked you bro you crossed the line:439:

JN230

JN230

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
honesty is one thing bro but you said: I just look at em and tell them man you guys are tryna get jacked right? and they say hell yea.. and im like your wasting your money on all this damn protien powder from here its way to expensive go look at the clerance get some pre workout to get you hyped before lifting and go to walmart and pick up some skinless bonless chicken. and go buy foods high in protien it can be crispy even you guys need all the calories you can get!

meaning you spoke first and you over stepped your bounds man, just accept it and moveon this thread is now over!

TheLastRonin

TheLastRonin

Awards
  • Established
honesty is one thing bro but you said: I just look at em and tell them man you guys are tryna get jacked right? and they say hell yea.. and im like your wasting your money on all this damn protien powder from here its way to expensive go look at the clerance get some pre workout to get you hyped before lifting and go to walmart and pick up some skinless bonless chicken. and go buy foods high in protien it can be crispy even you guys need all the calories you can get!

meaning you spoke first and you over stepped your bounds man, just accept it and moveon this thread is now over!
I don't think he was out of line unless he made a point about being loud about it in the guys place of business. If he took them aside and educated them, then hes helping humanity. I hope GNC goes out of business or changes the way they do business personally. They are not competitive and most of the stuff they sell, they sell to unsuspecting lambs who think that they know what they are talking about. They are not for the most part contributing to a healthy lifestyle and do not care about anything but the $$. There are better companies out there.

brownstown89

Awards
  • Established

i guess i might not have put it in my orignal post the guys asked me what i take. I really dont care if you believe it or not..regardless gnc is shady im glad i did what i did and stand by it

JN230

JN230

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I don't think he was out of line unless he made a point about being loud about it in the guys place of business. If he took them aside and educated them, then hes helping humanity. I hope GNC goes out of business or changes the way they do business personally. They are not competitive and most of the stuff they sell, they sell to unsuspecting lambs who think that they know what they are talking about. They are not for the most part contributing to a healthy lifestyle and do not care about anything but the $$. There are better companies out there.
trust that i understand this i worked there for three years straight.... i felt like a dirty used car salesman every night when i got home, i hated it but i needed the $.
but that still doesnt constitute taking $ from someones table as being a stand up thing to do. i see both sides, the kids will be thankful but man if the sales guy gets evicted i personally would feel like **** if i was the OP

bulldogz

bulldogz

Awards
  • Established
If you cut my throat on my sale...damn right I was say something to you, especially if I work on commission...

I think you could have atleast given the gnc guy a sale by havin the kids buy something from him...maybe not what the gnc guy was selling, but atleast something since you did interfere with his sale....

bigsexy

Awards
What the op did was immature, and cost the employee money. If you wanted to save them, just give the link to this forum, and problem solved. If what the op did is justified, then he should have no problem with someone causing him a loss of money based on that person's beliefs. I understand the op's frustration though, I've been yelled at by a gnc sales person for not getting a multi, and being denied my sale because I wouldn't get a vitapak. It was after that interaction that I swore to only shop at NP, and I couldn't be more pleased that I did that. i just feel it's wrong to take money out of someone's pocket like that.

Gizmacho

Gizmacho

Awards
LMAO - True, so true. The GNC microcosm is just another subsection of society.

TheLastRonin

TheLastRonin

Awards
  • Established
trust that i understand this i worked there for three years straight.... i felt like a dirty used car salesman every night when i got home, i hated it but i needed the $.
but that still doesnt constitute taking $ from someones table as being a stand up thing to do. i see both sides, the kids will be thankful but man if the sales guy gets evicted i personally would feel like **** if i was the OP
Well its taking money from their table as well, so I find that comparison irrelevant. I only believe in business that you can stand behind and be proud of. If you are just hocking wares for profit, the health industry is a poor choice in my eyes and I label those type of companies as worthless, as the choices you point them towards can and will affect their actual health. If you buy a stereo that breaks or is garbage from an unscrupulous merchant at least there are viable ways to get your money back. Your health is precious and can never be repaid. Also I would feel much better making them more competitive to market than the prices they sell at. If the $ is the bottom line and sales are all the employee is concerned over, I can't see how anyone could/would morally/financially support that. In the end it should remain on the consumer to research themselves...but lets face it, sometimes people need a kick in the butt towards the right direction.

Young Gotti

Young Gotti

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
yeah forget the ppl working at gnc, they r told to sell certain products so they say they are the best, it's like an american car company salesman telling me that his chevy or ford is as good as a honda or toyota, hes lieing and i'm not going to feel bad for him if he's making money on lies, we educate each other here at this site, might as well pass it on in the real world as well even if the ppl rn't looking for the education

nynone

nynone

Awards
it is true that some GNC employees are fuc*king as*hats, but that can be said to be true of any company's employees. The world is full of idiots, and those idiots are bound to show up in every sector of the workforce. Look at our government for Christ's sake.
couldn't agree more with this (who i call) "yomamabama" (no pun intended with race or otherwise). also, true with the employee knowledge. the one place i go to has this chick who works there. she knows practically nothing, but knows what people buy. it's good to know what works for a majority, but i have a hard time trusting her opinion over the guy who owns it (matt). matt will tell me what works for me. he asks questions, sees what has worked before, has me rate it, and points me in the direction he thinks is best. i never fail with matt.

i just think that gnc hires these shmucks to be salesmen. i'll be frank about it, their shmucks (from my experience). i think people need to have some sort of training to work in this industry, compared to the bs rigamarole training they currently get.

you guys think the stores who only have people who KNOW WHAT THEIR TALKING ABOUT? and i mean every store, so you don't get people who are new to the sport going to multiple stores, and receiving all different info thats just bullsh**.

Gizmacho

Gizmacho

Awards
When it comes to GNC, we aren't their target audience. It's actually baby boomers and women. Bodybuilders tend to shop elsewhere. The aforementioned skinny twerps just didn't know any better. But, in that same breath I'll admit that I spent around $50 there today. It was a mix of Syntha-6, GNC brand protein, some preworkouts, creatine, and meal replacement bars. I didn't buy anything that wasn't 75% or MORE off. I actually got this month's creatine for 3.99 and 4 rockstars for .51 each. I guess my local GNC is hella slow.

I get protein there because I like mixing it with the unflavored WPI and casein I get in bulk. I don't even shop by brand, I shop by flavor. So, today I actually got a banana, a double chocolate, and an orange something-or-other. I even got some other glycogen replacement post-workout crap because I thought it would taste good in a protein shake, I don't even know what brand it is, just that it's tropical punch and cheaper than Quik.

Zero V

Zero V

Awards
  • Established
not that i care and idk if this deserves its own thread but...

I usually stop by the local gnc when i go grocery shopping. Well i walk in and always look around to see any almost expired protein powders or pre workouts on sale. I usually always end up getting energy drinks such as rockstars, Speed stack, ripped stack, xyicence, RTD protein shakes or protein bars for a 10 cents to a 1.50..

now the dumbass that works the desk always ask me if i need vitamins and i just laugh and tell him that my 5 dollar ones that last like a year are just as good as the gnc brand. Then he asks if i need a pre workout and tries to sell muscle tech **** to me and i just laugh it off thinking no dude i am just ripping you off buying the cheap **** on clearance...

anyways t hese two skinny ass dudes come in to buy protien hes shoving muscle tech and gnc brand protien down his throat..ready to buy easily 300 worth of protien/creatine etc. I just look at em and tell them man you guys are tryna get jacked right? and they say hell yea.. and im like your wasting your money on all this damn protien powder from here its way to expensive go look at the clerance get some pre workout to get you hyped before lifting and go to walmart and pick up some skinless bonless chicken. and go buy foods high in protien it can be crispy even you guys need all the calories you can get!

they proceed to agree with me put down all there items and leave gnc the sales clerk was PISSSED!
Justice.

noot

noot

Awards
  • Established
Heh, just finally read the original post. Damn, that was a pretty Level 2 douchbag move there. The guy there was just doing his job, just a simple "No, thank you" is usually enough, don't have to be an ass about it, especially driving away his business. :nono:

sp447

sp447

Awards
  • Established
Good going, TS.

I used to work at GNC before I quit because I got sick of ripping people off and not only feeling guilty about it but receiving no compensation.

GNC requires it employees to sell P3 items. Which are things like Amp Creatine, Wheybolic, Mass XXX, Lean Muscle Meal and Vitapaks. Which is why the employees always ask if you need vitamins. And the gay thing is they don't get paid **** for selling them. Even tho they could lose their job if they don't sell enough of it.

The only things they get commission on is stuff like Hydroxycut, Muscletech, MRI, MHP, and most of the stuff locked up in the glass cases.

If you really want to get under their skin, you can

-Ruin their average $/sale by buying cheap **** like Clearance, Protein Bars or Drinks.

-Lower Store morale and daily sales by returning stuff. Not to mention returns are a pain in the ass.

-Go into the store and ask a bunch of questions but don't buy anything

Some guy at a GNC I was at recently was being hawked the Jay Cutler Mass Stack. I told him to go up the road to vitamin shoppe instead of wasting his money on worthless ****.

Do the salespeople work on commission? If so, no wonder he was pissed!
Yeah they do, however managers make more commission on more items withing the store than regular employees, but they still get paid minimum wage and sometimes more.

For example a bottle of Hydroxycut Hardcore when I work there was $8.50 commission.

For a manager it's probably $12

ktatro1

ktatro1

Awards
  • Established
Good going, TS.

I used to work at GNC before I quit because I got sick of ripping people off and not only feeling guilty about it but receiving no compensation.

GNC requires it employees to sell P3 items. Which are things like Amp Creatine, Wheybolic, Mass XXX, Lean Muscle Meal and Vitapaks. Which is why the employees always ask if you need vitamins. And the gay thing is they don't get paid **** for selling them. Even tho they could lose their job if they don't sell enough of it.

The only things they get commission on is stuff like Hydroxycut, Muscletech, MRI, MHP, and most of the stuff locked up in the glass cases.

If you really want to get under their skin, you can

-Ruin their average $/sale by buying cheap **** like Clearance, Protein Bars or Drinks.

-Lower Store morale and daily sales by returning stuff. Not to mention returns are a pain in the ass.

-Go into the store and ask a bunch of questions but don't buy anything

Some guy at a GNC I was at recently was being hawked the Jay Cutler Mass Stack. I told him to go up the road to vitamin shoppe instead of wasting his money on worthless ****.

Yeah they do, however managers make more commission on more items withing the store than regular employees, but they still get paid minimum wage and sometimes more.

For example a bottle of Hydroxycut Hardcore when I work there was $8.50 commission.

For a manager it's probably $12
This is true if you work at a corporate store. I work at a franchised store, and don't make hardly **** off commission, so i sell based on product efficacy. Again, not everyone at GNC is a douchebag, but there are some. Frankly, again, they are everywhere though. for you to target someone for the reason of ruining their day is pretty weak.