How bad are artificial sweetners?

bigbeef

bigbeef

Awards
  • Established
As I read over some sales info on jack3d on how it is better than most other pre workout supps, there was a line that said" is your preworkout drink making you fat" and attributed that to maltodextrine I believe and the effect on insulin sensitivity. Now my question is I am eating low carb and essentially 3 meals with carbs, any snack and post workout protein meals are low carbs in an effort to minimize insulin release and not put on fat. But one thing I do is add crystal light to some of my water throughout the day, cuase all I ever drink is water and like some flavor now and then, but it also contains malltodextrine, and if this is as bad for fat gain as usplabs literature stated, should I cut out the crystal light? I drink about 5 bottles of water a day with it in it, and another seven to eight bottles of water plain

matthias7

matthias7

Awards
  • Established
To be honest I doubt it ... artificial stuff who cares.

High GI carb taken across the day - if its alot - in this case I doubt it - for one thing would raise background cortisol and could cause other sub-optimal stuff. You'd need someone with more knowledge of muscle growth and insulin response to answer the second part.

Heaping it down post-work out on a protein meal (insulin spike) isn't a bad move.

bigbeef

bigbeef

Awards
  • Established
anyone else got any ideas