How bad are artificial sweetners?

1. Registered User
    Stats
    5'11"  245 lbs.
    Answers

How bad are artificial sweetners?

As I read over some sales info on jack3d on how it is better than most other pre workout supps, there was a line that said" is your preworkout drink making you fat" and attributed that to maltodextrine I believe and the effect on insulin sensitivity. Now my question is I am eating low carb and essentially 3 meals with carbs, any snack and post workout protein meals are low carbs in an effort to minimize insulin release and not put on fat. But one thing I do is add crystal light to some of my water throughout the day, cuase all I ever drink is water and like some flavor now and then, but it also contains malltodextrine, and if this is as bad for fat gain as usplabs literature stated, should I cut out the crystal light? I drink about 5 bottles of water a day with it in it, and another seven to eight bottles of water plain

2. Registered User
    Stats
    6'3"  215 lbs.
    Answers

To be honest I doubt it ... artificial stuff who cares.

High GI carb taken across the day - if its alot - in this case I doubt it - for one thing would raise background cortisol and could cause other sub-optimal stuff. You'd need someone with more knowledge of muscle growth and insulin response to answer the second part.

Heaping it down post-work out on a protein meal (insulin spike) isn't a bad move.
  3. Registered User
    Stats
    5'11"  245 lbs.
    Answers

anyone else got any ideas
    •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. What artificial sweetners have been show n to case problems.
    By kingdong in forum Nutrition / Health
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 09-21-2010, 07:26 PM
  2. Replies: 6
    Last Post: 09-25-2006, 07:21 AM
  3. Artificial Sweetners and Insulin
    By Beowulf in forum Weight Loss
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 12-09-2005, 02:54 PM