Anyone here ever used lexapro?

benj851

benj851

Awards
  • Established
As the title suggests. If you have taken it how did/does it affect your lifting? Anything I should know before taking it? Advice?

Btw how does serotonin relate to bodybuilding and lifting?

Thanks for replies advice and opinions in advance guys.

abnxtwo

abnxtwo

Banned
Awards
My wife used Lexapro after are last baby because she was "depressed" turned her into a f**king moody biiiaaatttccchhh.

I think most people can get over depression on their own those pills just make things worse.

Lou villian

Lou villian

Awards
  • Established
Im on it for MS. I dose it 10mg Morning and 10mg at nite. Dont even know im on it. Keeps me cool not so angry and moody. They gave it to me beacuse im young and got diagnosed with MS. Guess they thought i would try and kill myself.

benj851

benj851

Awards
  • Established
what is ms?

you really havent noticed anything negative from it? still make gains, and go pedal to the medal?

Lou villian

Lou villian

Awards
  • Established
Multiple sclerosis. Its a CNS Issue. Basically my white blood cells attack my CNS and cause Scars (Sclerosis) on my Nerves paths. It causes partial paralysis in some of my movements. Honestly dont know im on it. I talk everything with my Doc 10mg is not alot. I feel fine and go hard all the time.

liftin4fun

Awards
  • Established
Did nothing for me. I took it for 3 months then stopped.

witt51

witt51

Awards
  • Established
i took it for a few months while in college and just made me not care about anything. i went off cause my grades were slipping. it also effects your libido and made me very tired. i pretty much took a nap everyday.

OnTheRoadTo

Awards
  • Established
Please, please stay FAR away from SSRIs. The are highly dependency forming, correlate with weight loss and lack of motivation, and above all, ARE NOT EFFECTIVE.

Prozac, the original SSRI, in recent studies, was LESS EFFECTIVE THAN PLACEBO. Now, these drugs may help some very depressed people, but if your problem is depression, I would try to stay away from these drugs if at all possible. Psychotherapy may seem like a hassle, and worse, but is actually at the root of the eventual cure for most conditions.

Think very carefully before going on any antidepressant, best of luck with whatever your ailment is.

More information starts st the wiki entry for Peter Breggin

I think you'll find yourself quite disgusted as you inform yourself more.

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Multiple sclerosis. Its a CNS Issue. Basically my white blood cells attack my CNS and cause Scars (Sclerosis) on my Nerves paths. It causes partial paralysis in some of my movements. Honestly dont know im on it. I talk everything with my Doc 10mg is not alot. I feel fine and go hard all the time.
good for you. i admire you for not letting this affliction get the best of you! good luck to you and best wishes, tom.
keep fighting the good fight!
repped!

btw-feel free to drop me a pm anytime to let me know how you are doing.

Lou villian

Lou villian

Awards
  • Established
I appreciate it!!!!!!

Like i tell everyone at the gym. It sucks it took me getting sick to get healthy!. Funny how things play out

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
I appreciate it!!!!!!

Like i tell everyone at the gym. It sucks it took me getting sick to get healthy!. Funny how things play out
i know a lot of people who it took something serious happening before they decided to get healthy-the important thing is you decided to do it. exercise may not add more years to your life, but it will add more life to your years.

fayd

Awards
Go to n e w s w e e k . c o m, and search for the most recent cover story, "the depressing news about antidepresents." They have a host of unwanted side effects and really don't work for depression. This really isn't new information, but it is relevant to your situation.